Illumina

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 265 értékelés megmutatása

Nice place to work, bad management

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The job is satisfying and interesting but high level management have been making poor decisions lately. People are also underpaid, which causes high turnover.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Room to grow, great culture

Offers CGMBS CLS program for technicians to grow into. Great culture, very appreciative of employees. Felt very safe during covid. Great place to work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The management was half great and half horrible. I hear its way better now!

Great people to work with in 90% of the departments. Some people were never considered for advancement by the old management, although they were considered to be subject matter experts! The company as a whole is a wonderful place to work.

Pro érvek

Free lunches, by weekly, lots of company interaction, awesome planners for events and well being.

Kontra érvek

They needed to get rid of the liers and back stabbers that caused good people to walk
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Lack of support and development

There is a “yes” sir/mam culture within this company in order to meet specific objectives. Pushing back or presenting ideas that don’t work places you at a position to not exceed within your current position. Lots of favoritism, lack of support, and care. You really need to understand HOW to work in a classic corporate setting to thrive here.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I would recommend Illumina as a great place to work. The company does a great job at making sure every employee at all levels understands our mission and the good we do.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great

Great place to work. I recommend this pace to friends and family. Opportunity to grow and achieve new heights. Great opportunity for PTO and to travel

Welcoming and challenging

It was an overall great experience and I was able to learn a lot! Everyone was helpful, welcoming, and hardworking and there was great work-life balance.

Great Company

Illumina is no longer a startup and is a different company than it was 5 years ago. Your experience will vary depending on your department and manager, some people love their jobs and others find it to be a toxic environment. During covid turnover has been very high and the company has had some big legal setbacks including some costly mistakes. Compensation and benefits are competitive with good bonus and stock grants although 2022 has been a terrible year for the stock price. The company has a great mission and is making the world a better place. Overall I recommend the company however for many this is only a resume builder to get to the next step in your career.

Bad management

The management is bad. They do not give sufficient time and no proper knowledge transfer sessions. So very little opportunities for gaining knowledge.

Flexible work environment

Kontra érvek

Too much micromanagement and less time for adjusting

Biotech manufacturing workplace

Colleagues are helpful and you can learn a lot on how to write a better codebase. You have to constantly learn new technologies so that you can contribute to the team if you wanted to climb up the promotion ladder fast.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Too much micromanaging and questionable management.

I worked here first as a temp then earned a conversion to FTE. A typical day at work was fairly simple, most days you're manufacturing and trying to hit your numbers. This was fine at first but became a problem as management was reluctant to hire staff as we kept losing workers. Extra work was then piled onto contractors and FTE's often resulting in low team morale, especially since the issue was brought to management many times with no luck or transparency. It wasn't all bad though, free lunches/parties and free company merchandise was super cool but usually only FTE's were included in that, not temps. Workplace culture was not the best. A lot of drama between shifts and even people in your team could sometimes make the environment hostile or stressful. It's a very fast paced environment so everyone is a little on edge, also didn't help management encouraged an environment in which people made others look bad in email chains. Hardest part about the job was the micromanaging and lack of support. Anytime we didn't hit numbers we had to give a whole run down hour by hour as to why we didn't meet goals. Management never listened to us when we told them we needed help because demand was up and our workload was increasing. Though, I did have some great times at this company too. The benefits were great as an FTE, the campus was beautiful, and I met great people. Ultimately, I chose to leave due to the lack of mobility in the company and the lack of support from leadership.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall good company to work for

Innovative company with lots of smart people. And most people are humble. Good culture. The salary can be more competitive especially with the inflation.

Bad management

Bad managers which show no interest in personal development. Too much internal politics and lack of transparency and commitment. Changes occur frequently.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

My experience has been very positive

ProsSalary and benefits are excellent. The work actually matters.Good trainingI feel like a valued employee, my opinions are heard.ConsLots of compliance training, but it is important
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great people and place to work, but slightly deceiving

I began at this with little experience, and my manager took me on as my mentor. As time went on my work load increased and being hourly, I just didn’t have enough time. My boss always supported and guided me, but that week it was like a switch flipped. He would always ask how I was doing and it felt like he genuinely cared. So for the first time I admitted to being a bit overwhelmed because a system glitch just about tripled my work load and I hadn’t planned for it. Three days later when he was on vacation he sent an email, and that was it. It was a shock for me and my colleagues, but I do truly respect Illumina. I think it was a great place to work. I was just blindsided, it ended up being for the best and everything worked out. Just be careful, I feel like it’s a very “sink or swim” environment, and as soon as they see you struggle, you’re out. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, and can handle heavy workloads you will thrive here, so long as you maintain it.

Pro érvek

Free lunches, amenities, food trucks, onsite EV charging, onsite car detailing services

Kontra érvek

Low pay, fast paced, “sink or swim”
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good, feeling sad to quit

I really like the company and the culture. Feel bad for leaving due to low pay compared to others. The management and the culture is good from what I have seen. People are talented.

Flexibility, Fto

Pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Toxic workplace of uncultured unprofessional immigrants. If you have degrees then apply for higher positions or else you will not fit in. Management attitude is the wors due to laziness and lack of justice.

Free lunch free coffee

Kontra érvek

Toxic coworkers with low iq
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and fun workplace with many group events to show appreciation

Great place to work. The company spends a lot of time showing their employees how much they are valued. The work environment is very professional while also being enjoyable.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

High input but low output

Expense is really high but output is less, too many contractors and salaries are less for permanent employees. Illumina pays low As per the industry standards

Pro érvek

Talents are there but not utilized

Top heads are more

Rough environment

The company was great when I started and I really felt at home while doing something productive in the world. Then slowly, as with most workplaces, I saw the layers unfold. Jokes at the expense of others a little too frequently, odd comments with individuals who really weren’t ok with it. And it was hard to take it higher, as some of these people were next in the chain of command. HR also doesn’t help much, they just don’t want a bad name for their company. Most people I knew were either in on the joke or too uncomfortable to say anything. Management would also rather fire you than take a request for you to change shifts.

Free lunches

Environment, culture, poor management

Productive place to work

Great place to with. People are open and friendly. Benefits are really good. Feels like management doesn't really know what direction to take the company in though.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Illumina? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés