Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

IKEA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Sales Associate

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
211 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 8 253 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, a good experience.I made some friends and you get treated well as an employee.Some perks involved.The customers are the thing that drove me away from working there.Very rude and impatient customers.Worth working there ,if you have the patience.
Pro érvek
Treated well as an employee
Kontra érvek
Hours are everywhere and rude/annoying customers
Munkahelyi kultúra
IKEA Coquitlam is an awful place to work. When it is busy you will probably work alone or have little to no support. Management will hide in the office when you need help and won’t come down to support you even though they say they will. They aren’t enforcing anything for COVID and don’t disclose the covid cases to customers. The managers will pick favourites and give more shifts to them and will find reasons to make other staff miserable. The store manager walks around and doesn’t do anything to solve issues, the sales managers only care about themselves and their pay checks and will pretend to care about their employees. If you have any issues the HR team is directly connected to management and nothing will happen, if anything the situation will get worse. The only good thing about this job is the coworkers. I don’t recommend this job at all. This job will not get you anywhere and it’s a dead end. It pays the bills but not worth the stress.
coworkers
management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Disappointed in store management. There is a lot of back stabbing. I had to quit for mental well-being. Benefits are great and IKEA as a company is great but this location is not good with current management. HR dept is particularly useless.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Working weekends
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hej , The HR team is so great , fun working environment and always got to learn something new everyday . Keen to know more and discover about IKEA culture and getting more opportunities!
Best price for meals
Time
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really great pay for retail, best benefits in all of retail and many other jobs as well.Really inclusive environment. Flexible work schedule.Not a lot of opportunities time, but some part time positions offer benefits.I have worked at 2 stores, and I have talked to people that worked at different stores. Everyone seems to agree that management sucks. Hard to advance and when you do you basically get to relax as long as your employees below you are hitting sales goals.Management often doesn't see eye to eye. One will say one thing, and then when you do it, another lead will tell you not to do it.If you really need benefits and insurance then this is a great place to work. I think the minimum pay is $11 but depending on experience starting pay can get as high as $14.But if you are looking to advance you have a better chance of becoming management if you apply for it by coming from outside.Good job if all you want to do is coast.
Pro érvek
Good benefits, inclusive environment, lots of stuff like free lunches on special occasions and work parties and freebies
Kontra érvek
Management, Sales workers stand around all day with nothing to do
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at IKEA, the system in place is designed for you to grow if you desire. Atmosphere is incredible and I would go back any day if I needed to.
Pro érvek
Free stuff here and there, employee discount, insurance available first day of work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was great to work in ikea . I learned so many thing from there .Mostly I love my HR team they are so positive and hardworking. They help me to develop my skill as a sale associate.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I spent nearly 5 years with Ikea. I feel I have nothing to show for the immense efforts I've put in unfortunately. We were subject to discriminatory behavior in regards to hiring. There was no diversity and to put it lightly, the people who were hired did not belong in their position whatsoever and were chosen because of the color of their skin. I moved up from a temp to a full time worker in 3 years time with no compensation for the new positions I attained, ever. In five years, I had roughly 4 positions, with increasing responsibilities and was never compensated. I only received raises at the end of the fiscal year when everyone else received a poor excuse of raise. I tried very hard to master everything I worked on, working towards a new position. After we saw the detrimental impact from Covid-19 to the business I realized how little the company cared about it's employees and decided my time with them was over. I cannot in good morality recommend this place of work to anyone.
generous benefits
Poor management, discriminatory behavior
Munkahelyi kultúra
I personally loved working at IKEA. I worked there for about 4 months last summer. I think that the only drawback was that I had almost full-time hours even though I was a part-timer. They capped it at like 39 just so it wasn't considered full-time, but, let's face it, that's basically full-time. Other than that, I made really good friendships and found it exciting and fun to work there. The culture is unmatched. Because IKEA employs individuals of all ages, it was really easy to find people to get along with and overall felt like being part of a big family. I will say though, that the weekends and peak days were extremely stressful. Mind you this was the summer before COVID-19, so there were no social distancing rules in place and the place was PACKED with people almost every single day, most of whom were eager to find their items and didn't care too much for being nice to the workers. If fast-paced situations stress you out, this isn't the job for you. But even through the stressful times, I always look back on my experience there though sentimental glasses. Oh and $4 lunches daily if you wanted it. So that was a plus.
Respectful environment
Kontra érvek
Long hours of manual labour
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work environment is fine. People that worked there were friendly. The systems were a bit dated and that could occasionally cause the work to be a bit difficult. Once you get the hang of it, you will do well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company practices work/life balance. They value honesty and transparency, you can discuss a concern with HR and it will be handled professionally. They do expect you to be honest and professional in return, there is a supportive atmosphere for everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No workload Respects each and every type of ideas, people and no racism at all. This is the best part of ikea and they contribute a lot to earths environment with clean and green initiative.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a nice job to start out at. Cashiers are only cashiers, so its a nice place to get your bearings working with cash and checking out customers. The company prioritizes sustainability and recycles all uniforms as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great culture that is customer-centric as well as worker-centric. You get out what you put in. They are a Swedish company, and overall that adds up to a positive work experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This would hands down one of my favorite jobs. Everyone is so willing to help and always looking for an opportunity to teach. I learned something new every since day from management other co-workers and even customers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at IKEA. It was a great environment and I loved the staff. Management just showed a poor side to the culture and vision of IKEA by abusing their power.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Check stock, clean department, serve customers, take payment arrange deliveries, build display furniture. The management are ok, more concerned about their performance than the workers in their department.
Discount on food.
Kontra érvek
Late finishes, poor worklife balance, always having to work weekends 3 from 4, management not so many.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun with everyone helps each other even though they were not from your department. Exposed to a different area of my expertise. The culture was good.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is physically demanding, including a great deal of customer interaction and inventory organization. You learn to build customer service essentials while also gaining great organizational skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thought ikea was a very fair and engaging work place, it alway felt like home and it was easy to pick things up. The management was great. Hours to work where always flexible.
Pro érvek
co worker benefits such as our own coworker meals and parties
the very busy days
Munkahelyi kultúra
One word of warning: They dont tell you benefits dont kick in until 3 months in until AFTER you've chosen to work 30 hours for your seasonal position. Otherwise, a good environment and a great first job option. Cant beat $3 employee meals either.