Hertz/Dollar Rent A Car

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 732 értékelés megmutatása

n/a

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Ok, company. Work was not hard. Pay was low. Commute was good and co workers were like family. I would return for PT work if possible, just not FT due to pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Ok place to work lots of over time

Good place to work do not expect to be promoted unless you move out to a different city. You will there is lots of over time offered. Commission system for counter personnel changes constantly and is confusing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fair wages, fair training, great company. Loved working here. I would still be working there if I hadn't of gotten sick. All in all great work environment and loved the airport staff as well.

Bad out weighs the good

I was with the company for 6 years and progressed through the ranks. A typical day at a local (not airport) location includes being severely understaffed, yet still expected to: rent cars, clean cars, pick up customers, answer phones and attempt to find more cars from other locations (because there's never enough). Many times you may be alone at the branch. You are still expected to book and take new reservations even when there are no cars in the lot because of an "Always say yes" standard. Management will do phone audits and issue disciplinary action if they hear you saying "no". To advance you have to have high metrics in your sales of optional coverage, which is also a part of how you receive your bonus. The best sellers move up to Manager and Area manager positions. Lack of training for managers which causes an extremely high turn over rate.

Pro érvek

Branch managers drive free car

Kontra érvek

understaffed, no cars to rent, poor management, lack of cross training, no support from upper Management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If you like being stuck in the same spot for a long time, work for Hertz.

Sales expectations for additional products (insurance, roadside assistance, etc.) is the same at all stores. Unfortunately, certain stores are located where a majority of the clients can barely afford a $50 deposit, let alone hundreds for insurance for a week. This wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if it wasn't the main way you get bonuses... Otherwise $41k for managing a $1,000,000+ operation is preposterous.

Pro érvek

Managers get a car to drive

Kontra érvek

Long hours, low pay, expensive benefits with not great coverage

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

It will mentally tear you down.

Nothing!! One of the worst places you could ever want to work for. They hire felons and management benefits from all the hard work they hound you to do.

Mala administración

No les importa el empleado, solo les importa hacer dinero, mala administración, no lo recomiendo!!!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Managers stunk, badworkers got praised

The bad workers got praised even though they disappeared for sometimes 1/2 a shift. You’d tell managers and they’d say video tape them, not my job, the good managers got canned, the biggest asswipes got promoted

Not worth ut

Don't work here

My advice is if you wanna do light mechanical this is the place for you if you wanna grow as a mechanic I would not recommend it go somewhere else....
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive work place. Growth with company

Fast paced most of the time especially during the summer months. The company recognizes employees for the improvements and accomplishments. There’s also growth within the company.

Acknowledgment for good work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Worked at the Orlando airport doesn't pay enough money for the job

The job could be good some of the employees act like they are still in high school. My management team was good & most were helpful. Nighttime managers can be a bit childish & immature and act like the high school crowd, but day time managers are mature & professional. They will try to help you solve problems and dont get caught up in gossip & pettiness. The pay is very low & be prepared to work all over the airport for low pay.

Pro érvek

Paid lunch, lots of available OT hours, comfortable work environment unless your working in the garage exit booth in the summer time.

Kontra érvek

Low wages, some childish behavior allowed with some employees, Night time managers sometimes get caught up in this behavior/unprofessional drama, Way too hot to work in the garage in the summer time for 8 hours a day, Employee parking takes up a lot of your time, getting from parking garage to counter can be a pain sometimes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Lots of driving & riding with other personnel. Schedule varies day to day.

I love working for Hertz & enjoy the driving. Unfortunately the pay is very low for the responsibilities that are required. The job and hours vary from day to day. My supervisor is very nice & knowledgable.

Pro érvek

Varied schedule. Nice people to work with. Time off usually guaranteed when requested.

Kontra érvek

Very low pay for responsibilities.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Be ready to learn everything on your own and figure it out. Upper management won't help even if you have a bad trainer

I went into this company because I saw an opportunity for growth. However, I quickly learned the person in charge of your advancement plays favoritism, so get on their good side quick. If you don't think your being trained quickly and efficiently then request a transfer, otherwise if you get passed over for leadership roles, its your fault or your Managers, or so they will say.

Pro érvek

Drive cool cars, lots of overtime!!!

Kontra érvek

50+ hours a week(no family time) management that only care about $, not their employees, getting yelled or screamed at on a daily basis by customers, no real leadership

Stressful environment

Overall this company is very stressful to work for. The only thing they care about is the bottom line. They expect 50 hours per week out of employees, and you are often working understaffed. I was there for over 3 years, and we were fully staffed for about 6 months total during that time. They push for you to say yes to every person that walks through the door, but they don’t provide you with enough resources to accommodate everyone. They over-promise to their accounts, and then tell you to grow business, when you don’t even have the resources to sustain current business. I would walk in the door every morning and think “how am I possibly going to get through the day today?” I would have to find vehicles for customers on the fly and pull things together at the last possible moment, or try to convince customers to take vehicles that they didn’t reserve.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A good place to jump start a career!

Working at Hertz was a stepping stone in my career. I took a a Sales class in college and the Hertz training program was on par with that class. They prepare you well and the possibilities for advancement are there. The one thing I will say is you will work hard everyday to help your customers get the car they need and at times you will have to wash cars and such but in my case it was so worth it because I gained knowledge through the Advanced Leadership Program and met some great individuals along the way. Your sales help bring in a bigger paycheck and my Area Manager was an inspirational leader and my Regional Manager was always professional. The staff made my work environment so much better, but I quickly realized I would not like to be Branch Manager. Not because I couldn’t do it, but I would get burn out, the turn over rate was high. Other than that, I worked with great people and gained so much knowledge. If you are thinking about Sales and need a place to start, this is the place!

Pro érvek

Leadership programs, benefits, good work environment

Kontra érvek

Short breaks, High turnover, things move slow
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It was a great place to work .Some of the male co workers had a problem with the pay of females

I Loved my co workers they were great people to wok with. management listen when you had a issue they will get to the source of your problems. Just all around great p)ace to qork

Branch Manager Trainee Program

Got promoted within a year, get laid off because of Covid based on seniority. pay is low in general. Management was really bad. Only get decent pay starting as a GM.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Terrible environment no work balance union is sold

Not enough pay, your just another number. Union doesn’t work with you must be remove best thing, also hours are not good you will work late without reasonable accommodations
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Over worked for what you make

This job expects you to give it 100% and in return you get 10% back if that. No paid time off for the first year and once you hit a year you only get 5 days paid off.

Flexible
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

At the time of my employment they did have a high turnover rate.

Work was very cool there were busy spurts and down spurts. It was cool working the same shift as someone but when coverage was short it was stressful not having the desk covered even for a restroom run. Staying late waiting for a flight to come in was a little frustrating because sometimes the customers did not show up to pick up the vehicle at all. The team work was great and we learned alot about other aspects they were involved in and met alot of people from all different walks of life.

Pro érvek

down time, chat time, getting to know different people, working on a team.

Kontra érvek

short breaks, time with lack of coverage, construction.

Don’t work here

they’ll commit fraud for your lunch breaks. You are stuck in a van where people may be snoring taking off their shoes picking at their toes, retaking of an ashtray.

easy work

Kontra érvek

you’re stuck in a van with rude people
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Hertz/Dollar Rent A Car? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés