Hawaiian Airlines

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 158 értékelés megmutatása

Fun and Very Physical

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great work place to stay fit. The environment can be very depleting as you are going to be working in the sun and rain. The pay is alright, better than it was before.

Interesting work environment

Very fast paced, there are good passengers and the not so great ones. For the most part everyone works together as a ohana. Coworkers, although under a lot of stress most times make work fun!

Great!

It is a great place to begin your career as a flight attendant. Pay maybe lower than other places but the management is understanding and willing to work with you.

Keeps you busy

It's a good job if you want to travel often. Benefits are a plus, but the draw to that is pay and workload. You are always moving, especially if you are at a busy station.

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

This company does not live up to its values

This company is horrible. You would think they have the aloha spirit, but nope. No recognition for great work, always giving slack to the lazy workers. Always working on hot planes with the AC off, supplies are always low, communication sucks.

Flight benefits

Kontra érvek

Horrible management, they would say, “your just a body” or “a number”

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

People

Hawaiian Airlines is ok to work for but the management is not so great. Work environment is ok but can become hostile if the management is not pleased.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Best route structure on the planet.

Worked there for 36 years. Great people to be around. Best route structure on the planet. Junior flying is West Coast daylight flights. Five day international trips with four days of layover.

Pro érvek

Paperwork taken care of dispatchers, easy flight planning.

Kontra érvek

Not many I can think of.

Living the Dream

It is a decent place to work. There are other airlines that are better in financial, pay, and work rules. But Hawaiian Airlines is a nice company because we are small and know everybody. The downfall is you have to commute or live in Hawaii. It is very expensive
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The company overall seems very positive however the direct manager that I worked under was very unhelpful.

overall the company was great, however With the corona outbreak and my first year being completely remote I never quite acclimate it to the fireman. The manager I worked under was difficult and seemed only interested in setting me up for failure. I attempted work with him for months in spite of insults and uncomfortable/hostile work conditions and was not able to mend the relationship.

Pro érvek

large company, employee/quality of life focused, upper management seems very focused on the company culture

Kontra érvek

large company that can be very difficult to learn, very siloed departments
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great benefits but low pay and poor management in Kona

Hawaiian Airlines' part-time CSAs receive great benefits but low pay (11.59/hr). Management in Kona is also poor and employees often feel ignored and unappreciated.

Pro érvek

Great flight benefits, decent medical and dental plans

Kontra érvek

Low pay, poor management in Kona
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The work you do does not equal the benefits you receive.

Working at Hawaiian Airlines for 2 years was great with the employees you work with... but that does not equal what you receive from the company itself. You start with the bare minimum pay that barely keeps you living in the state of Hawaii. The flight benefits you get are barely used because of the incredibly terrible gain of vacation days and even being able to use them. The work can become very slow to very crazy in an instant. Super visors will push you around with their seniority and managers won't do anything as most don't have seniority at all. Make sure you double-check the environment and have a real good look at what you are getting into. The job CAN be enjoyable for the most part if you can live with everything else. I recommend part-time shifts just for the benefits and only full-time if you are already comfortable with the airlines!

Pro érvek

Flight Benefits!, Paid training (if you are already an employee), Set schedule, Holiday pay

Kontra érvek

2/10 minute breaks for part-time, 2/10 minute breaks, and 1/30 minute break for lunch, Toxic work environment (depends where you work), Hard to have a work/life lifestyle.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great people, lots of politics

Most people's workday is jam-packed and intense. This can be good when things are going well, but if things are not going well it can feel relentless. There are great people throughout the company. Understanding and navigating office politics is the hard part, but in general there is a real sense of accomplishment on a day-to-day basis.

Pro érvek

Team Kokua (community giving), company events, exposure to really smart people.

Office politics
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun hard labor of you're into aviation

I really enjoyed working alongside the hard working coworkers. It is a drag when there are workers that dodge work and you have to pick up after them. Pay is not great for a while but caps off to almost $25/hr. Medical is GREAT, flying benefits is awesome for your family. Leadership team is awesome, I had a great professional relationship with my supervising team.

Pro érvek

Free flights, get fit while working, fun, easy manual labor.

Kontra érvek

Union not so responsive, sometimes under appreciated, handful of dodgy coworkers

The Employees

The Employees is what makes this a Ohana!!! Daily task ate accomplished with your team. Fast paced with turn around times for Unloading/Loading planes about 20mins.

Free flights

Low pay

Fun workplace :)

As a Reservation Specialist in Hawaiian Airlines, it is important to be patient, consistent, calm, organized, and alert. It will also benefit your performance if you are fast in addressing and solving customer’s issue without leaving them with unclear thoughts.

Helpful collegues

Kontra érvek

Some of the old ones are a little hash.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Dynamic and usually fun place to work with unique benefits

Note: review is preCOVID-19 pandemic.Hawaiian Airlines was usually a great place to work, but to some degree it depends on where you fell under the management structure. I was pretty fortunate in that my management team was receptive and open to ideas. Sometimes transparency could have been better from management down to individual employees as to what was happening. However, most of the time employees were kept informed as to what was happening. Like anywhere, there were some bad apples sprinkled in and I was shocked that some employees were able to remained employed after repeated subpar performance. Technology stack was decent depending on your area. Sometimes legacy and old tech but airlines are beholden to legacy systems by regulations and lack of options. Some teams ran the gamut regarding thinking and operating style . Again, I was on a cohesive, mostly agileish team.

Pro érvek

Flight benefits, usually flexible, great people (in my case)

Kontra érvek

Tight margin industry can trickle down stress

Family

Long relationship with the company. Covid did cut our staff by the thousands. Company allowed me to experience different areas of customer service from reservations to meeting and assisting guests in person.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It’s only about who you know and not what you know

Promotions are based on favoritism and if you disagree with management there’s no safe space. It’s a conform to what’s happening or leave type of environment. They tend to frown upon people that think differently or outside the box.

Family oriented

It was a great family oriented place to work when I worked from dec 2010-2018 I have met wonderful coworker as well as managers. I have learned a lot working as a flight attendant at Hawaiian airlines

Pro érvek

Gain experience flying all over the world

Kontra érvek

Flying sometimes have an effect on your body
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Free flying! Free parking at the airport!

I was over a decade with this airline. Just left on early retirement in an effort to save the company. I worked on the mainland as a part timer, which is their business model...almost all of the mainland line workers are part time, with exception at LAX if you are senior. Pay could have been better (when compared to other airlines), but the free flying (standby) totally changed our lives. Most of us have a primary job and use this job as a part time gig, approx 10-15 hours a week to get the flying benefits. I totally miss the free parking at the airport now that I left. Have you seen airport parking rates? I had a good time working at this company and will miss it.

Free flying, airport parking 24/7

Kontra érvek

Pay could be better, not a lot of hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun to travel but to work in operations meh

This company is good if you enjoy traveling. The pay not so much. The work culture as all large workspaces there are conflicting agreements between staff and mangle the. If I were to go recommend working for this establishment, no. There are too much chiefs and too little menehunes. Too many restrictions and a lot of fire benders on the upper end.

Free flights stand by

Poor management staff
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Hawaiian Airlines? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,8/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Hawaiian Airlines
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?