Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: User Experience Researcher

9 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 626 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to intern with lots of learning, networking, and perks!
I interned as a UX researcher in the summer of 2018. My experience was absolutely amazing! My team was great, they really helped me to get up and running quickly, but let me take ownership and lead my project. The perks didn't hurt either. I took advantage of the gym, cooking classes, weekend activities for interns and much more. Even though we played hard, we worked hard too, but I never minded because it was fun! As an intern, I really appreciated the sizable living stipend and the free food too.
Pro érvek
Free meals and snacks, healthcare for interns, gym, fun place to work
2,0
Really bad manager
There is no transparency maintained by manager while giving the feedback.
Lacks formal feedback from both managers & stakeholders.

Office politics

Groupism

Favourism by the manager and neglecting other team members

manager doesn't respond to mails or chats

The food is good
Free meals
Kontra érvek
Lacks formal feedback from both managers & stakeholders.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is what you make of it
Interesting place to play in. As a contractor, though, don't get settled. Use your time to grab all the skills development and tech awareness you can. Network through side activities - go on hikes! Above all, be cheery and ethical no matter what, to everyone. Probably good general practice anyway.
Pro érvek
It's fun to ride a bike around campus.
Kontra érvek
Do the best work of your life and remember it well. For the results belong to FTEs.
Experience acquired
As someone who was a contractor, and previously was a contractor at other tech enterprise companies, I felt that Google offered much more inclusiveness. I took a role in research infrastructure that was incredibly empowering, although management was extremely hands off. Overall, I had a blast working with my old team and would have stayed if I had an opportunity to convert.
Not bad
Contractors are definitely treated as second class citizens at Google, but that does not make it a poor place to work. I love the company culture and the way it values its employees as human beings. Management on my team was terrible, but everything else was great.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome place to continue learning industry trends on AI
Company has a great culture to nudge continuous learning in many area of the web. Need to understand that you have to develop your own ladder in pursuit of advancement.
Perks are awesome
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contracting sucks, but Google is good
My summary has been:
Working on contract is terrible,

Working for Google is awesome,

So working for Google on contract is a very interesting experience.

The in office perks are very nice, your co-workers and manager are great in that they are both nice people and very good at their jobs and you have very interesting things to work on on a challenging timeline. Its a very good place to be.

However, as a contractor, the company's actions make it clear they do not care about you at all. You don't have any job security, so you don't know if you'll be there in 6 months and you can only be there a maximum of 2 years regardless how much your team values you (unless there is budgetary miracle). There are regular meetings and off-site events for team building that you are not invited to, which has rather the opposite effect. It doesn't matter how inclusive or devoted to psychological security your culture is if half the employees don't have job security.

And the people on the ground know its is terrible but the practice persists for economic reasons (since contractors cost about half what full employees do). Like as a contractor I was not invited to the holiday party, but full time employees that couldn't go would give their invites to contractors; so the employees would work around company policies to mitigate that damage to morale and tea-mates. It was a weird disconnect.

But like I said, Google is a great place to work, you'll meet great people, work on very interesting things, and have opportunities you don't have anywhere else. If you're contractor just be prepared
 - több...
Pro érvek
Great co-workers, good management, good tools, interesting projects, good culture
Kontra érvek
Contractors get limited perks, lack of job security, lack of inclusion
My experience working at a contractor at Google HQ
I had a short but eventful work experience at Google. It was the best break I could have ever asked for my first job in the United States. There are undoubtedly very talented, hardworking and bright people at Google, but I have also seen people have an attitude to be open to learning. An average Googler is very modest and approachable, and that's what I love about the culture there. A contract opportunity can be stressful work wise but there is a lot to learn about managing time and getting your best foot forward. Although I didn't land a full time role at the end of my contract, it helped me gain momentum and visibility professionally and landed me many full-time job offers at reputed organizations.
The Google experience on your resume just looks great!
Pro érvek
Free food, informal work space
Kontra érvek
Very difficult to get a full time position
3,0
Not great for TVCs
Although working at Google might be great, as a TVC you aren't a true employee and you truly feel it.

Although I was promised a chance at conversion, it became painfully clear that there is less than 1% of a chance to convert in TVC roles.
További Google-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés