Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Software Engineer

36 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 626 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good to do for a few years
It was great and fulfilling to work here for a few years but after that it is wise to move on to higher paying jobs where you can be more effective. Also staying here can get you locked in to their proprietary tools and make it harder for you to start at another company
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a contractor at google
At Google work is very challenging and interesting. New requirements and there will be number of opportunities to grow in your career.
We have a large scope in learning new technologies and improvise our skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pampers employees too much to the point of distraction; frontend developer skills will languish
* Perks are too much really, and I would feel guilty complaining about any of them. However, I'd much rather give up all my perks for the opportunity to work from home instead.
* Was very frustrating from the perspective of an employee of a startup that was acquired. After getting acquired, all the state-of-the-art competitive software had to be re-written to fit Google's standards: coding style, build tools, and software libraries and protocols. This felt the opposite of freedom. Also, it was super hard even getting our first code checked into the monolithic codebase, as no one in the company had "readability" in any programming languages. As such, we had to hire folks from other parts of Google, as well as get "buddies" within Google to help review our code. More handcuffs...

* Mostly young workforce, with many from privileged backgrounds, with highly materialistic wants. "Smart" gets thrown around a lot. There are many smart people, and also many weird characters. As someone who came in through an acquisition, I increasingly felt that I just didn't belong there, as I'd skipped the entire interview process.

* A very stable build system and well-written tech stack, at the cost of severe NIH, overall developmental slowness, and very outdated tech. No opportunity to code with React.js, a very dominant framework used outside of Google (competing with Angular 2)

* Frontend developers are not really taken seriously. JavaScript is barely tolerated as a "real language" and the tech stack and build tools were completely disparate from the real world.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed, open workspace open to collaboration
My experience at google was overall very good. Even though I was an intern I was treated as if I were a full-time employee. My coworkers were open to helping me with problems I had, and the work was challenging but achievable. The campus is large and had many varied places employee's could eat and relax at. The offices were well lit and fostered collaboration in their open design.
Pro érvek
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, free transportation.
Kontra érvek
Private offices are few and far between.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company with good work/life balance
Best thing at Google is about work/life balance and compensation. Also the people here are super clever.
We used a lot of internal tool, so when we find new jobs, it is kind of hard to explain what you did here.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees are taken care of
Employees get a lot of benefits:
Free food on campus

Commute is solved: buses, or bike purchase credits, and others

Massage credits once a year

Good gyms on campus

401k matching

Great health benefits
Google should know better
Google shouldn't participate in project Dragonfly.
It is against my moral boundaries to build a search engine for a dictatorship like China. Google please do better.
Busy busy busy
Smart colleagues and amazing tools and great perks, but moves too fast and has such high turnover / internal move rate that the codebase (payments stack) was out of control. Too many layers of detritus -> too much time was required to understand what the heck was going, and by that time it had changed, and/or the whole group had been re-seated and re-assigned. Consequence: more movement, lower morale, unloved code. Continual distractions: email stream, meetings, internal news, internal research questionnaires, compulsory Unconscious Bias training etc. Great food, though, great compensation + benefits. Must be sociable!
Free lunches
Politics, Chaos, Low morale
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Better at hiring top talent than utilizing it
Google refuses to accept that it is now a very large, and corporate, company. As a result of this, their response to corporate politics and gaming of their peer review process is to (a) ignore it, and (b) punish those who report it.

If you are on a good team at Google, it is undoubtedly one of the best companies in the industry to work for. Unfortunately, if a bad team lead decides to bid on you, for whatever reason, you're stuck, and the company does not handle this well.
Great benefits
Kontra érvek
Corporate Kool-aide, some really rotten managers
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
THIS(!) is the best place to work?
Worked there two years. Two of the most miserable years I spent. Job was boring, management was hostile and culture was very self absorbed and arrogant. But hey they had great insurance and free lunches. So, you are healthy and get 1 hour reprieve from the boredom.
Great perks. Boring if overqualified
Pick your role carefully so that you don’t get bored. Otherwise the free lunches make you fat and unhappy. Love what you do and you’ll be OK. Most people are overqualified for their position.
Free lunches
Overqualified for role
cool to work there
I've been wanting to work at google. until now no chance!

Buy hey, working in a big company such google take so much pride and fulfillment, i wish they will call me one day, and tell me i got the Job.
everything is pros
Kontra érvek
it's hard to get into to google
Google
I am very comfortable working for Google.
I have learned many things witch improve my skills and get great experience.

I have great team working with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just like they've said over and over again, one of the best place to work regardless of industry
A typical work day is very well balanced with coding in solitude, meetings, meals, gym going and other fun stuff.

Google provides you with the best gear money can buy.

They take very good care of you, even in small things like CalTrain pass, onside doctor, massage, shower rooms and all sorts of food/snacks.

Be careful you do not get sucked in and let Google/being a Googler become the entirety of your reality, which can easily happen here and it's not good for your overall wellbeing.

One thing really bad is that it takes so long to release something that by the time your feature is released, you might not even remember what it is. It can get frustrating for some engineers.
Pro érvek
Food, pay, talented coworkers, good managers, on-the-job trainings, the Google pride, all kinds of professional/fun activities
Kontra érvek
Release time too long. Bureaucracy. They want a team to be located in the same city, which can frustrate remote workers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty awesome first job.
It was a contract and the best place i have ever worked. lots of intellectuals to learn from. Free lunches every day and free parking in site. Freedom to work on your own projects and grow your skills. can stay much more without giving details im not allowed to speak about.
Pro érvek
free lunches, work environment, educational, benefits, pay, internal opportunity
The Contractor FTE divide
Support
I have been working with the team on provide the information you need for the company . Pursuing & challenging every day and night. Ability to. Work...
Free lunch
good place to start
fun place to work.
compensation is competitive.

However, London is not good for family.

housing, nursing, and education fee will eat all benefit.

£120k in London is even less than £60k in other cities.
Challenging
A lot of really good people working on very interesting projects. There is never a lack of something to do, quite the opposite. Much is expected of you.
Pro érvek
the co-workers, the compensation, the resources
the stress
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is worlds best place to work
There can be hardly any negative feedback of working at Google. But the team and manager at Google does matter a lot. You can end up working on boring stuff if you are not in good team
Great experience
Worked as a Software Developer during Google's 2017 Summer of Code program. Fast-paced, highly educational opportunity for beginning software developers and the open source community. Highly recommended.
Valuable Experience
Best Search Engine in the world , Always help me a lot . i learn a lot from google . It also manage each websites & webpages in a proper way that make my work easy .
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés