Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Senior Software Engineer

17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 476 értékelés megtekintése
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good compensation and work/life balance, management-heavy culture
Senior Software Engineer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Santa Monica, CA2019, július 10.
The good:
- Very little overtime.
- Good compensation.

The bad:
- Poor tools, uninteresting (IMO) work that gets frequently cancelled.
- Extreme focus on management over development, and lots of mostly superfluous meetings.
- Promotion above mid-level is almost exclusively limited to management roles, and is heavily politicized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An excellent place to start you career and learn the basics. Not much room to grow.
Software Engineer III, Platforms Storage (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sunnyvale, CA2019, június 11.
Pros:
+ At Google you're standing on the shoulders of giants. They've built the best developer tools and a wealth of great internal documentation for technologies and engineering practices. During my first few months at Google I learned a ton from internal resources and learning about their technical infrastructure.
+ Overall good culture of transparency, giving voice to employees, and trying to make sure employees are happy.
+ Good compensation.

Cons:
Google is huge, and this has a number of consequences. For one, many engineering teams move very slowly. Lots of red tape, and lots of huge systems to integrate with. Very deep management chains. For an individual contributor, decisions may be made many levels above you and you have very little input or context.

Depending on the team, it can be hard to have meaningful impact at Google. Some systems are so old they are already fully optimized, others are just so large that you're unlikely to touch more than a small piece or sub system. Most engineers at Google aren't solving the worlds hardest/funnest problems--their just manning the ship, making sure things don't break and adding small incremental improvements. Getting into "sexy" product areas is extremely competitive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Good Company
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka2019, május 23.
Enjoyed my time at google and was a good place to be.
Was there during Motorola take over time and the difference was not there as much, But the feel was good
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of benefits they want to work you while they can
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2019, április 19.
Everything structured to keep you on campus - food, activities, services, and stack ranking to pit you against your teammates.

All the technical stuff is great - the code base and tools around it are amazing, you can do some powerful stuff very efficiently.

People management is poor - best for people who thrive without needing this.
Benefits, technology
Kontra érvek
No work/life balance, highly competitive culture
Best infrastructure anywhere
Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Douglasville, GA2019, április 16.
Google software and hardware are some of the best in the industry. I worked with excellent engineers and enjoyed great benefits and perks. At times I didn't agree with the leadership's direction, however they were usually very open with their thinking.
Pro érvek
Free meals, great benefits, high comp
Too big
Great place to work!
Senior Software Engineer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2019, április 5.
Although often maligned in the press, Google is a really great place to work. Most Googlers are passionate about doing the right thing, are incredibly kind and helpful, and this is a great place to learn. There are also numerous perks ranging from the food and benefits plan to being able to test out cool, not yet public features.
Pro érvek
Great salary, benefits, perks, equity, and learning opportunities
Kontra érvek
The use of homegrown libraries, tools, etc. makes some of the skills gained in this job less portable to other companies
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very competitive work space.
Sr. Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2019, február 13.
Work culture is really great. No one micro manages you. It's persons responsibility to take up a challenge and complete it. Management is so friendly and motivating. Hardest part is to keep up with all that's happening in there, where as enjoyable is what you work on.
Free food, great culture
Too Competitive
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
3,0
Stuck in a project...
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, december 28.
First job for which I wasn't to learn what I would be doing until after the first week. In a project with 360-degree review input, and no-one except my lead and manager had any input.
Food
Lack of autonomy
Great Company to Work For
TVC SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GOOGLE PLAY (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, december 13.
Working at Google as a software engineer is just awesome.

There are lots of available tools for developing code and unit test.

The engineering culture ensures good quality code is produced.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a fun place to work!
Software Engineer III (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, MA2018, október 15.
Googlers work hard and play hard. If you fit in with your team and your work, you'll do fine. Don't be afraid to ask questions; everyone feels lost at first.
Free EVERYTHING.
Kontra érvek
Terminal cuteness. (Why do all internal products have to start with a G?)
Contractor
Senior Software Developer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, szeptember 18.
As a contractor I worked at Mountain View and also on the YouTube Ads project in San Bruno.

The former was excellent, with an excellent supervisor. The contract was supposed to last one year and went two. Very happy.
I learned much from the other programmers and engineers (both Google employees and fellow contractors). The ergonomics of my desk and chair were excellent. The lighting is a bit harsh and the air quality was terrible on the weekends. I am used to an office and it was really weird sitting across from someone and when you looked up they might be staring back. Just weird!

Now, that was the good one. Following that, I worked in San Bruno on the YouTube Red project. It was extremely annoying and we were treated poorly. At YouTube our supervisor was terrible. I can honestly say she was the worst manager I've ever worked for. Blamed us for her lack of procedure and disorganization. Instead of real coding (and Graphics as promised) we spent our days and sometimes nights trying to modify an often broken and bizarre script-based system. We couldn't even get access to fix the broken parts! Super annoying.

I would work in Mountain View in a heartbeat. San Bruno and YouTube - never again. Stay away if you cherish your mental health.

Finally, a bit of a warning, for older engineers and contractors: expect to be left out of the culture. If you have a thin skin this might bug you. I didn't bother me much though and now and again, at Mountain View, I was often invited to events by my supervisor that really weren't supposed to be for contractors.
  több... Made me feel very welcome. The same can't be said for the San Bruno office.  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Free food, intelligent people. Lots of cool stuff to learn and code.
Kontra érvek
Contractors must be onsite at all times. That is, no remote work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Everyday a new experience
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, július 20.
Working at Google is facing new challenges every single day. Effective development tools, friendly and professional environment with a through testing and code review process.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice perks, poor work environment, unaffordable area
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, február 22.
The people are friendly and talented.
The perks are nice.
The software development environment is a mixed bag of very good and very poor tools/practices.
The actual working environment is cramped and noisy.
Managers and directors spend most time coding, very little time optimizing productivity.
The learning/ramp-up curve is steep.
Competitive periodic ranking based on code submissions.
Pro érvek
Free excellent meals, free buses with wi-fi to/from work, free fitness classes/gyms, lots of interesting events to attend, flexible hours.
Kontra érvek
Overall, a challenging, low productivity development environment, very silo'ed work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Excellent place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2017, október 27.
Google is wonderful place to work, it is like dream come true. Best place to work, Fun, Facilities are awesome. really really good place.
Food is good.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great benefits along with engineering driven culture
Sr. Engineering Leader/Sr. Staff Software Engineer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2017, május 1.
Engineers get a chance to work on any product based on their interests. Great benefits(free food, shuttle for work). Engineering driven culture makes it the best place to work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Very productive environment
Senior Software Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2014, július 23.
Very productive environment which brings satisfying projects.
twelve free restaurants to choose from
twelve free restaurants to choose from
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 10Jelentés

Tekintsen meg Google további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van