Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Project Coordinator

Értékelések kategória szerint
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 736 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was hired through a recruiting company so my experience is through a contracters experience. It is hard to transfer over as FTE. But i do say now that I have been gone for over a year. Google has taught me alot and ive gained soo much knowledge that I dont think I would have learned anywhere else. They are well advanced in framework and processes compared to other companies and It makes sense why they are one of the top companies in the world.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contractors and FTEs are separate and it depends on your agency whether you have access to benefits including sick time, PTO, health benefits, etc. Contractors are hired specifically to work on projects, so they are usually not included in long-term strategic planning.
As a short term gig it’s a nice place to be, the free food, snacks, drinks, low-cost shuttles and ability to bring your dog to work are all pluses that you likely won’t get elsewhere.

Working as a contractor has no influence on your ability to be converted to a full time employee— you still go through the same interview process as external candidates and are judged as any other candidate is.
Pro érvek
Free food, access to gym, access to shuttles, bring your dog to work, flexible hours (depends on role/department)
Kontra érvek
Instability- some projects are cut short with no warning
Munkahelyi kultúra
While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'.

However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things.

Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well.

*Full time employees.
Pro érvek
Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers
Kontra érvek
You will be treated differently
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for google was interesting, i've learned alot,. i work on the fiber side, therefore its more construction, project managment based. over all it is a great place to work
Pro érvek
the ability to work from home
working conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as a contractor at Google, the demands were high and the pay was mediocre. They did have free food which was nice. I made about half of what the non-contractors were making. Maybe less.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a fun place to work with a lot of young excited people wanting to drink from the Google kool-aid if you will. The problem is the contractor vs Full Time Employee (FTE) discrimination. As a contractor, I was over worked with little to no recognition and the management takes credit for all the work the contractors do.
Pro érvek
young, fun cool place to work, pool table, lounge area, nap pods
contractor restrictions, layoffs, management from Google HQ is aloof
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company attracts top talent and truly the possibilities are endless. The highering process is a nightmare and costs them talent. Employees review each other, which is great, until you have no one to review you bc temps/contract workers aren't allowed to participate in the reviews, and yet over half the workforce seems to be a temp or contract worker. When going through the hiring process you may be asked to interview up to five times with 5 different interviewers, or not at all. It's inconsistent. You must be approved by a hiring committee, most of whom you've never met and who may not fully understand your job role.
Every perk possible
Kontra érvek
Contracts and temp workers are treated subclass
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my first job out of college, so it set the bar pretty high for future employers. I worked in a small office outside of the US with an amazing team and manager.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Provided insights in reporting analysis for real estate space planning Google office Real Estate, performed advanced data analysis activities, defined, measured and communicated core metrics. End-to-end works included data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and final presentation slides
na
na
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Google was an amazing experience. I learned within my role and got to network with many professionals as well as enjoy the festivities the company provided to their employee's. I loved teamwork mentality and transparency within teams.
Pro érvek
Very flexible, open, friendly culture
Kontra érvek
As a contractor, not all full-time employee's will come across friendly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed every minute of it!
The office design, the food, the management.

Highly recommend and would go back.

Coworkers were my favorite part. I Never felt as if I am at work, yet I've been very productive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work. Lots of brilliant and motivated people. College-campus feel.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a great place to work. There are many great perks such as the free food, gyms, basketball courts, ping pong tables, pool tables, etc. As a contractor, I feel like there is little opportunity to become a full-time employee. I have really enjoyed my time here however and would love to stay if I had the opportunity.
Free lunches, free gym
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a contract position that was offered to me. The work tedious and unrewarding. The perks as what really got me to stay as long as I did.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best place to have flexible schedule and freedom of inner entrepreneurship of projects
free food, gym, schedule
Kontra érvek
commute if you live in sf
További Google-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés