Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Operations Engineer

Munkakör megnevezése
Operations Engineer9 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
9 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 732 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The first few years were great. Great culture, my first manager was the best manager I've ever met. The second, one of the worst. I learned a lot from experienced engineers and techs. I had the opportunity to work on many different projects. One of the very first issues I had was I came up with a new platform design, taught myself auto-cad and created a working 3D model. Submitted an official proposal to have it reviewed. Ended up speaking with some of the heads of the design department but they said there were already too many irons in the fire and we'd have to revisit it later. A year later my design was released by someone who came across the public proposal while searching random docs. I mentioned it to my manager and after a few days of back and forth, he basically said "too bad".
Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Atlanta, GA

Positive Outlook

No opinion of CEO

I worked at Google (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are very nice and smart. the dress is casual. the cubicles are quiet. The food is good. A fun place to work.

The security staff is nice, and some will become good friends.

Cons

The datacenter never has enough tools.

You feel completely alone and it seems that you shouldn't ask questions once you're let loose post-trainig.

I broke down crying a few times on the datacenter floor because I couldn't find any answers or documentation from their intranet or from other employees.

They want a phd level of intelligence to work for 20$/hr.

Atlanta is the neglected "redheaded stepchild" data center.

Can be somewhat political, but if you don't get involved with or discuss politics anywhere on memegen or on the internal mailing lists or if you're smart enough to be engage in a neutral manner or pretend to side with the "correct" politics rather than your own political beliefs, you'll be alright.

I sweat a lot, and no one told me that I could bring spill-proof tumblers or clear drink containers on the DC floor!

The training was excellent. But safety protocols conflict with the speed that repairs MUST be accomplished. Eg: you must take shortcuts, like not wear globes when doing battery swaps, even if it's not safe. I was probably fired for not wearing gloves during the week that safety inspectors were onsite, however I was never told that they even have gloves or where they were! If you show people unsafe shortcuts, at
 - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good to have google on resume. Enjoyed my work at google, however the knowledge gained at google cannot easily be transferred out to other jobs. Google has a lot of proprietary hardware and software which makes it tougher to relate to the industry. However doing some self study and reading through docs/guides one can gain valuable information. Best thing about Google is the people, all of which are genuinely humble and there to help you. Free food and games are a nice bonus for a hard days work.

I was a contractor, the full-timer experience can vary.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The greatest place to work hands down. I felt like a valued member of the team and any idea, no matter how mundane was taken seriously. Management really was looking out for the little guy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I'm not going to provide a review. I'm not providing a review. This isn't why I signed up for this site. Mandatory reviews are not a thing I'm going to do.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Typical Day: Working different tasks depending on demand

Management: Self Managed for the most Part

Hardest Part: Deciding on what to Eat

Most Enjoyable part: Playing Ping Pong on Break with Colleges
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Free Drinks and Snacks. Self Managed Time
Kontra érvek
Contracts don't turn into full employment
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
there really isn't anything bad i can say about working here. I loved every minute. The only bad part is the promotion process. It's not very good or does it go off the best qualified and hardest working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, great peers,perks and management. The caveat being that there is only two teams that work in the local area. In order to move on you either need to change companies or move.
Free lunches
Kontra érvek
hindered upward mobility for technical staff that doesn't want to move to California
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very friendly, enjoyable relaxing enviorment. great co workers
hardest part of the job was the long hours of downtime
free lunches
További Google-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés