Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Driver

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
37 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 795 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like driving and going to new places this is a great job, paid diet and room if needed while traveling, the tevh behing google street view was fun to learn
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working independently. I had a Ops lead that I could call, if need be. But for the most part all communication was done via Email with new towns to map and due dates.
Independent, loved driving
Didn't last long enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
working for good was a good and fun job. I enjoyed travelling and doing google maps. I was very very nice to go to mountain view and see everthing and nice people
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was to go out to an area of Palm Beach County and "map the area" according to my GPS system inside the car. A camera was mounted on the top of the car for information gathering.
my own boss
Kontra érvek
not as easy as it sounds
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a helper and we would pick up our car for the day and we would go on our route. i would drive and the helper would deliver the material. we would pick up material from stores and deliver them to customers
Pro érvek
great knolege of the city
Kontra érvek
the shifts they had didn't leave room to get personal things done
Munkahelyi kultúra
After training a great job with a helpful back up team . I was left to decide which work was to be done each day and was in contact with head office with any problems
autonomy
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to earn exra money fast paced very nice customers whos homes you deliver the parcels to. Very fun and adventurous routes in the rocky terrains a times, dispatch were very helpful as a lot of the times,
down time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a great company to work in and the experience is awesome the greatest job I ever had. To be a part of google street view project I’m really proud and a memorable one.
Pro érvek
People are also excited seeing the google car that I’m driving some are taking pictures and videos
Kontra érvek
Sometimes my wheels get stuck in a mud paddle in remote areas
Munkahelyi kultúra
lavoro dinamico e innovativo, indipendente, raggiungimento obiettivi standar elevati.
Pro érvek
buoni pasto, rimborso spese ecc.
Kontra érvek
Poca comunicazione con manager aziendale
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working remotely from 3000 miles away from the office can be both a blessing and a curse. I knew id never recieve emails in the middle of the night but, depending on who you "Ops-Lead" is, They may either take forever to reply or not reply at all. However that aside, I love driving and i like being by myself. I was perfect for the job, but i can definitely see not everyone being able to handle it.
Very accepting workplace
Kontra érvek
Slow or nonexistent communications.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday I mapped a new area of either my city or the surrounding counties. I learned the city like the back of my hand this way and with the guidance of management(who were awesome) I efficiently got my job done. The hardest part was simply getting used to working a job that didn't require me to do back breaking work. It was very odd just driving all day and getting paid for it but very enjoyable.
Pro érvek
laid back, great management, learning experience.
Long ride back home.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You can start mapping after sunrise and map until sunset, so as long as the sun is up (minus some dusk/dawn parameters) you can get out there when you want, stop when you need to, and not have any micromanaging. Very fun and freeing position, but can be a little boring at times in a car all day by yourself. Very fun summer job.
Pro érvek
You're working for Google!
Temporary Position
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google as a company was incredible! The culture was great, job performance expectations were high but never overwhelming. Although this was a temporary job, I was never made to feel expendable. They cared about me, my wellbeing, and did all they could to make me feel like I was important! I LOVED this job and would hope to land this position again!
Munkahelyi kultúra
enjoyable, busy, fast pace nice people very clean environment training is good parking is terrible need more batteries for back on scanners more inspection on delivery cars
nice break areas
short break
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good especially if you work multiple jobs, this job is fulltime pay with part time hours work. M-F Weekends off, Very laid back especially if you come from customer service backgrounds.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible hours making my own schedule any day of the week. I learned a lot about the area of New York City and New Jersey. I would certainly recommend working for Google to anyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for Google you were on your own a lot . You were given the opportunity to reach your peak potential, the only way you could fail is if you did not want to succeed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a Project Driver you never knew what the day would hold and where you where off to next. The money is extremely good and Google really look after their employees. We always stayed in the best lodging available. Only hard part, and I say this lightly, is we would sometimes be far away from any civilisation. In those cases support from HQ was difficult.
Pro érvek
Good salary, lunch and dinner included
Unpredictable hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Perfect Culture lots of fun and very technical, love the perks. The daily flow of work is fair and the pay is great. If you like new things this company is for you,
Munkahelyi kultúra
The StreetView project is a very wonderful and unique position. On a daily basis I drove the StreetView car and updated Google maps. I had the privilege to meet many wonderful people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My contract at Google for their self driving car project has been a truly fun and unique experience. Every day we come in to work and test their self driving cars on the streets of Mountain View. Through this job I've learned how to troubleshoot software bugs and learned ways to communicate with a cross functional team of developers of various backgrounds.