Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Data Specialist

Munkakör megnevezése
Data Specialist29 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
29 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 767 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love working here as a country specialist. Job satisfaction is what I got the most. I got to see my mapping effort from start to finish (I have worked at another mapping company in Cupertino that is extremely secretive and only allow you to work on a small section of the mapping cycle).
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work/life balance was great. Salary was very good. Challenging and exciting work. Oftentimes had overtime approved. Flexible schedule with no issues. No 401k or any benefits.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a contractor for Google Maps. There was no path to becoming a Google employee. I was paid in experience instead of money and had to leave because I couldn't afford to work there any longer. I hear direct employees do quite well.
snack room
poverty
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked a contract for Google Maps and I had a great experience in my time being there. I plan on acquiring work with them again in my future. Using newly gained knowledge since my last time with them.
Pro érvek
Free lunch and other food and drink, Fun atmosphere.
Kontra érvek
To much like high school with social circles.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day at work: Analyzing spreadsheets; referencing client contracts/terms; collecting marketing data from systems; etc.

What I learned: Advanced sheets/excel; SQL interfacing; etc.

Management: Full autonomy; minimal training.

Culture: Progressive.

Hardest Part: Lack of training; job was not hard, however.

Most Enjoyable Part: Remote work; workplace flexibility.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great and fun workplace with balanced work life. Google consists of creative and hardworking individuals who are great to work with. Loved working in Google.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
i don't know what to say, it's a contract job, i can't really say anything good or bad, because i was never a google employee. which was sad, i really wanted to work for google.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a very fun place to work, they did lots of activities to keep people fresh and engaged. I really enjoyed it, unfortunately my position was a contract with an end date. So unless you could figure out something else to do that was needed to further the project then you were done.
Pro érvek
great life work balance here
Kontra érvek
you weren't actually a Googler, just a contractor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good to work with such a big company. Good support from the leads to complete the given task. Friendly Environment. Reaching the targets. Overall it is a good experience.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start out. They train you for everything you need to know. Good free food everyday. Nice break rooms with lots to do, and a one year contact that can turn into a second year one as long as your a good employee.
Free lunch, a long Contact
Kontra érvek
low pay, no full time hire
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to learn and grow as a professional. Facilities are very accommodating and the resources available create a very productive and healthy work place experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is very predictable, the work is mostly the same throughout the day. I have learned how to work with current policy for workflows and also how to make the policy better. I cannot disclose what I do specifically during the day because of the sensitive material I work with day to day. The management for the entire office is fantastic, very helpful and always positive. The pod leads for my specific group are also very helpful, informative, and always willing to answer questions. Most of my coworkers are rather pleasant, it can be hard for some to stay on task due to the monotony of the job. The hardest part of the job is to not get bored with workflow during the day since it is extremely repetitive. I enjoy having a job that I am continuously editing and working with maps, I did go to school for mapping and geography.
Pro érvek
Maps, coworkers, helpful management, free lunch
Kontra érvek
Repetitive, secretive, cannot advance much
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding work environment with open minded co-workers. You are free to prioritize your daily tasks. Limited supervision as long as you respect projects' deadlines.
You have to be self disciplined because of various distractions onsite.

If you are a contractor or vendor, it is very hard to switch to a permanent position within the company.
Pro érvek
Lots of perks: free food, free gym and classes, flexible hours, friendly work environment
Kontra érvek
No benefits if you are a contractor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable work space. People seems very nice. Good perks.They're take care of their people with respect. Facilities are amazing. It deserve its reputation as one of the best company you could work for.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was an enjoyable workplace with many young, intelligent minds. My co-workers were all passionate and capable people and the work was enjoyable. Cannot discuss further, thank you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome workplace.The teams are great and there is always an opportunity to cross train and be active in the company so that things stay fresh.
Great problems to solve
Freedom and responsibility culture

Work with many talented people

No Fear of my job.

Ability to do a great job

Highly visible product that is fun to work on

Large scale problems

Great work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everything about this company was awesome and all the employees were hard working individuals that knew how to excel. I had a great time in the challenging work place.
Free catered lunches
Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is an amazing place to work with fantastic benefits and smart people. However, the workforce is lacking in social skills and would benefit from an etiquette overhaul. Days are filled with meetings but as long as you meet your goals its up to you what you do the rest of the day. Working from home is a great benefit.
free everything
rude people
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here, it's too bad it was a contract job and didn't pay well!
Catered Lunches, Snacks, Low Key/Pressure free work place
Boring work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was working in the Maps overhaul and it was a short term project as a contractor. I enjoyed seeing the hire process and experiencing the success of making onboard the Google Local Team to work on Maps.

As an avid maps fan, and GIS guru in general, I really miss that contract.

Google is a fascinating ecosystem, and being on site made me happy.
Cool Workplace