Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Sunnyvale, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Sunnyvale, CA70 értékelés
70 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 768 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing work place. Lot of challenging work to work on. Work life balance needs to be planned. Teams are fun and enjoyable to work with. Lot of interesting work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a contractor you are treated a lot differently than an employee. Very competitive environment where the full timers take your ideas and run with it as their own. As a contractor you don’t get all the great benefits that the employees do, Making a culture clash between FTEs and Contractors. However the work was easy and pay was good. Too many MBAs With little to no work experience makes it hard to really make impact. I felt like some things were truly innovative while others they were trying to recreate the wheel. It was a great experience overalls
Munkahelyi kultúra
excellent company and good work culture. Challenging environment and flexible work hours . its fast paced environment. I would like to recommend to experience google projects
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pros:
+ At Google you're standing on the shoulders of giants. They've built the best developer tools and a wealth of great internal documentation for technologies and engineering practices. During my first few months at Google I learned a ton from internal resources and learning about their technical infrastructure.

+ Overall good culture of transparency, giving voice to employees, and trying to make sure employees are happy.

+ Good compensation.

Cons:

Google is huge, and this has a number of consequences. For one, many engineering teams move very slowly. Lots of red tape, and lots of huge systems to integrate with. Very deep management chains. For an individual contributor, decisions may be made many levels above you and you have very little input or context.

Depending on the team, it can be hard to have meaningful impact at Google. Some systems are so old they are already fully optimized, others are just so large that you're unlikely to touch more than a small piece or sub system. Most engineers at Google aren't solving the worlds hardest/funnest problems--their just manning the ship, making sure things don't break and adding small incremental improvements. Getting into "sexy" product areas is extremely competitive.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience working at Google was good overall. It has a laid back atmosphere, but make sure you make some friends because it can be pretty cut-throat at times.
Free food
Kontra érvek
Maybe a little too metrics Driven
Munkahelyi kultúra
This review is for the other half of Google that works as a TVC (Temporary, Vendor, Contractor). I believe it's important, because that is what more than half the people who work there are, and the ratio of employee to TVC shrinks yearly. I am a vendor, and overall I will say have been treated well, and with kindness and respect. My only real issue is that despite many years working there, it's very hard to be made from a vendor to a permanent employee, and there is little room for advancement. If you are a TVC, you'll have to remember that overall, that is the case. Unless you are excellent at what you do and happen to be at the right place at the right time, you'll probably do best to work there, get a solid reputation and skillset, and then use the Google name to go somewhere else. If you want to come back, you may be made full time once you have more experience under your belt.
Pro érvek
Free food (if you are at the right site), exercise facilities, some events invited to
Kontra érvek
Cannot easily advance, company is so large it can stifle acquiring new skills.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very bad managers. Those on work visa are only interested in getting GC by trampling on other co-workers. No clarity of project goals. Racial nepotism in full swing.
free food
Kontra érvek
no clarity of project goals. Racial nepotism in full swing
Munkahelyi kultúra
great company to work with and to learn lot of new stuff ,great team support good work culture. good facilities good environment overall 5/5 ratings from my side
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is great to work if you are full time, but if you are a contractor expect to be inferior and treated like a second class citizen. (even though you have the same job)
Pro érvek
free food, relaxed working environment
Kontra érvek
looked down upon by full timers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone I work with is willing to help when you when you need it, give you advice, support, and overall super friendly. The company provides you with a ton of resources, benefits, and I have heard many stories of them helping employees beyond what normal companies would do in special circumstances that shows how much they value you. It is a very transparent workplace that offers employees the ability to speak up and voice their opinions
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are a TVC (Temporary Vendor Contractor) you're an outsider. You can enjoy some perks, however. Food, free parking, free electric car charging... Hiring or moving around for a TVC is next to impossible. Most resources on the intraweb are not accessible. Odd hiring policies. Some groups have bad managers. I happened to be in one. This is not only my opinion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really allows employees to gain the maximum amount of knowledge from peers and allows them to also grow in their own unique ways. They are very encouraging of personal growth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After working on the Google campus in Mountain View for a few years, I've learn that there are always opportunities for growth available on campus. All it takes is passion and drive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
High volume sourcing or reviewing of applicants. We would filter out the most qualified candidates based on their education and skill sets. Setup interviews for hiring managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every day I find an amazing work environment plus the latest technology to help in my tasks. There's constant team contribution and a very well organized management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great time working for Google. They provoyou with every tool you need to succeed at your job. They also provide their employees with food and othe amenities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a great company and I enjoyed my employment there.
Unfortunately your employment is almost totally influenced by your manager. Especially if you have an inexperienced autocratic micro-manager like I did. It was a relationship destined to fail and it did.

I loved the work when I was able to do it.

I write this because Google provides no feedback loop whatsoever for there employees so this might help someone in the future.
Food!
Managment
Lot of benefits
Fast paced work life- lot of exposure - people from varied backgrounds and experience and good work life balance. Numerous project to advance your career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most amazing place to work with, it spoils you and motivates you to work hard and smart.

People are kind and helpful no matter at what level they are. They be patient with you, make you learn more and be there if you need anything. Each and every department is pretty quick in solving your problem no matter what it is, be it finance, IT etc
Munkahelyi kultúra
Contractors and FTEs are separate and it depends on your agency whether you have access to benefits including sick time, PTO, health benefits, etc. Contractors are hired specifically to work on projects, so they are usually not included in long-term strategic planning.
As a short term gig it’s a nice place to be, the free food, snacks, drinks, low-cost shuttles and ability to bring your dog to work are all pluses that you likely won’t get elsewhere.

Working as a contractor has no influence on your ability to be converted to a full time employee— you still go through the same interview process as external candidates and are judged as any other candidate is.
Pro érvek
Free food, access to gym, access to shuttles, bring your dog to work, flexible hours (depends on role/department)
Kontra érvek
Instability- some projects are cut short with no warning
Munkahelyi kultúra
As an intern at google I always felt like I had the support necessary to finish my projects. I learned a lot over the course of each summer and enjoyed working in a fun and laid back company culture. 8/10 would recommend.
Pro érvek
free food, fun rooms to find i.e. meditation room, roof garden, arcade games
Kontra érvek
stress to be highly productive