Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: San Francisco, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
San Francisco, CA64 értékelés
64 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 776 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
An amazing work environment where everyone is very smart and friendly. I have learned a lot from great coworkers to amazing managers and directors. Great work/life balance and perks. After some time the career path can get a bit slow but an amazing professional experience overall!
Munkahelyi kultúra
If it wasn't for the incredible opportunity to go back to school at Harvard I would not have left, but I would have looked to transfer internally to a role that I could grow more in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many of the perks you will hear about are only in Mountainview. San Francisco is growing but has limited perks and opportunities in comparison. Recruiters may not even mention the San Francisco office even if working in the city is important to you. You may have to ask about it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is as great to work for as everyone thinks. It is a very relaxed and collaborative work culture. Lost of free time to do what you need to in your personal life, able to bring your dog(s) into work and everyone is extremely friendly. This has probably the greatest company I have worked for because of the overall culture of the company.

The only problem I have would be the fact that some teams give you very short notice on whether or not you will stay with the next every quarter. I am always in a panic when it comes close to the end of the quarter.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place but work life balance is missing. Need to improve more on the openness and culture. Need to have a good onboarding program.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, shuttles, good pay
Kontra érvek
Timings of work and expectations
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place helped my custormer skills develop and it was really enjoyable to work with my co-workers. My typical day would start by coming to a location and calling my dispatch that I'm here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place to learn ,good perks
friendly management , challenging job , helping to coworkers, the most enjoyable part of the job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a great place to work if you want job security and a high paying salary. Your team is usually a 6:1 ratio with manager. However given Google's growth, the company is increasingly becoming large and corporate minimizing innovation in the business unit of Google.
Free Lunches, Work-Life Balance
Managers vary greatly
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google Shopping Express with Adecco was a good place to work. I had good learning experiences but it was a contract job maximum 2 years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back atmosphere great team, leadership was fantastic learned many skills that assisted me in my daily life. The best part of the job was the overtime hours that were offered they were excellent . the parking was wonderful and the co workers were very helpful
Travel
Small car
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my work, everyday is a dream, I'm thankful for the opportunity to be around people who care just as much as I do. I love everything indeed.
Amazing Product Managers and Market Managers
Nothing!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overview: Working for Google Express has been a great learning experience. I have grown in many ways with a lot of different people. I learned how to lead a team and plan a successful work day, as well as input my previous experiences from other jobs into this one which helped me excel into the position I am currently in.

Job Description: Google Express is a same day delivery service that caters to stores such as Target, Walgreens, Costco, and other retailers. The area of Google Express that I work in is in the warehouse where drivers pick up customer orders (parcels) and brings them to the warehouse to be sorted, stowed, picked and given to courier drivers to be delivered.

Typical Day: I would help open the warehouse we work in and take attendance of operators within the shift. I would then obtain the assets needed for a successful work day i.e smartphones, barcode scanners and laptop computers. As soon as I complete that, I assign operators to each of the three work zones: Inbound, Outbound and Prep & Stow based on each individual's physical abilities as well computer knowledge and abilities to carry out tasks required. Throughout the day, I would monitor, as well as help any zone that need back up during our rushes. I mostly supervise the operators and solve any problems that arise as well as guide them in the right direction and train them along the way.

Management: I have had dealings with several managers throughout my time on the project and they all have one thing in common: micromanaging. In my opinion, a leader is one who joins their workers
 - több...
Pro érvek
Great workers and free micro kitchen filled with snacks
Micromanagement
Munkahelyi kultúra
It feels like you are not doing much but you are! With all the responsibilities assigned to you, working at this environment is awesome! I get to coach new hires or Newbies the proper dogmas of the work place. We, as a team, gets the job done with plenty of time to spare! Rain is the worst culprit since our business starts at the inbound doors exposed to the elements and ends at the outbound doors with the couriers.
Pro érvek
Our juices and snacks are on the house!
Kontra érvek
healthcare privilege is not so lovely.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A normally day of work consist of a large prep load and cooking tasty meals in bulk in a short period of time. I've learned how to better my menu writing skills and how to work well with changes in the kitchen. Managements is very open and understand towards the workers as well as the customers requests.My coworkers are very hard working and open , we are allowed to share ideas with one another.There's not any hard parts about the job because there is always help around when needed. The best part about the job is that the menu changes everyday and each menu is created by the cooks.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would come in early to our first pulls where we would organize all the parcels for the day. The pulls were consistent and then we had to pick all the parcels for the windows that were going out for the day
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had really fun working at google shopping express, and learned valueable information to be a good courior driver. The mangament was really cool and they cared about there employees. They appreciate your hard work.
Easy
Kontra érvek
pay is not enough for amout of that you do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Managed the day-to-day operations of a team of store operators
Trained, motivate, and lead a team of operators to execute tasks

Processed up to 200-350 items per shift purchased by online customers at call center

Ensured all orders are accurate, prepared, and passed off to couriers for prompt delivery
Pro érvek
Great pay, free breakfast, lunch, and dinners
Kontra érvek
Work often ran into break time
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day consisted of first, logging into a given Android device, picking the orders shown, paying for them with a given Google credit card, and packing the purchased items securely for take off by the GSX Hub drivers. I learned how to think quickly on solutions to speed up our production, as we had to meet a set amount of pack cut off times for same-day deliveries. This was very challenging at least 80% of the time due to either poor connectivity with androids, packing printers, and low amounts of packing supplies at our workstations. I learned how to better have an adaptive working-style, whether I am placed alone at a vendor location or with a GSX team. We were to contact or "reach out" to management via email using our android phones if problems arose. Most of the time it would take a while to get a response, so problem-solving on your own or with your team was definitely a must. Mostly ALL of my co-workers were really great to work with. To be the most productive, it took great communication and jumping in where needed regardless of our set role that day, and we mastered that work flow. This to me, was the most enjoyable part of the job, an awesome crew. The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to make cut offs on time when the equipment given to us malfunctioned, and having to wait on email responses when reaching out about low packing supplies or other hiccups of the day. I would say that our management would sometimes bypass/miss our concerns all together by not thoroughly reading emails.
Great Team, Great Work Hours, Weekly Pay
Short Breaks, Frequent Device/Machine Malfunctions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Yup it's a good company to work at. Here are more things I think about it. It's fast paced and I met interesting people here.
Free lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google has a good culture and some very smart people. Make sure you know what you want and go for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company has great, perhaps the best perks you'll find anywhere. Pay is good, even for the non glamorous jobs. Makes sure that you have all the resources you need to get your job done. Can be a bit chaotic at times with a tendency to "start from Z and go to A".
Pro érvek
Pay, perks overall atmosphere.
Kontra érvek
Long hours at times. Directions often unclear and may change on a whim.