Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Mountain View, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Mountain View, CA807 értékelés
807 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 754 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google has their own culture, what you see in other companies and organizations is completely different than google. Basic idea of working in google is that you should have a collaborative nature meaning share what you learn and learn what others share. Overall my experience from google is really rewarding and fun.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, Lear alot, gBus commute
No cons
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on your department, but from what I've seen is contractors are held very low at Google. There is little to no flexibility, especially when asking for time-off. There is basically no support from managers expect to meet job quotas and contractors are severely underpaid compared to their full-time employed co-workers who do literally the same job. And no matter what, don't trust recruiters when they say conversion is possible. Seriously, with the recent re-orgs and budget changes, head-count availability changes almost daily. I've seen contractors either laid off after their contract ends or pushed to become a vendor so there's less limitations on how long they can work at Google.

On the bright side, they are implementing a standard for contractors to get some more benefits from their hiring companies, can't say if this affects the hourly wage as I've left a while ago in search for better pay.
Pro érvek
Free lunch, promise of better benefits for contractors
Kontra érvek
Tied to a leash, limited to 30 minute lunches, everyone goes off to enjoy Google events while Contractors stay to do the work, little to no growth available, some departments will flaunt high conversion rates in past, but nowadays there very little
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a nice place to work at. Lots of support. A variety of food is offered in various cafeterias. You get to meet diversified set of people and work with them
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Google - ATAP team. I truly enjoyed working with a remarkable team of dedicated engineers and managers. I was in for a 9 months contract then it got extended out to 16 months. The product (Jacquard) Google ATAP team launched was truly exciting and there were a lot of challenges the team had to over come and we did, what a success story. Glad to have worked on this contract for Google - ATAP !
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having been able to work at my own schedule and fill my time in my personal life was very helpful in keeping balance between my personal life and work
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the way people are always changing positions and always ready to take on new challenges. It was amazing too see how much you grow with people and resources able to help you develop into a better employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve had an incredibly positive experience working at Google for the past two years. It’s a company that cares for its employees and compensated fairly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to learn and apply your expertise. good experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not a startup anymore, but still an amazing place to work! You learn so much from working with such smart, driven people. And the principles of innovation have successfully created truly amazing products.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company with very good job work/ life balance.
A lot of intelligent people here, that you can be studying together, solving hard problems together.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They treat employees very bad and just a horrible company overall to work for with no value for their employees

They also don’t really want to help you succeed
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good workplace if you can tolerate ambiguity. I do not have much more to disclose at this time. I am just filling in the minumum character count for this review.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my coworkers and management. A typical day of work is receiving tickets and getting them completed in a timely fashion with a sense of urgency. Food is wonderful and free perks are wonderful also.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Professional team and goals clearly explained. Women sometimes treated differently. Difficult to transition from contractor to full time due to some brutal competition for the very few conversion spots compared to the vast number of contract recruiters hired at once (60 started the day I began). No vacation days or paid sick days nor paid holidays for contracted employees. No benefits. Only paid for 40 hours per week.
Pro érvek
Great company to have on your resume. Google bus transportation. Free food at all times.
Kontra érvek
Low conversion rate of contractors to full time employees. No security.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google has a lot of benefits, from free food to massages to employee development. The environment allows you to live on campus as needed. You also get to work with bright colleagues.
Free food
Long commute if you live in between SF and Mountain View
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very Good company to work with. Good benefits. Good management. Good Food. Good culture. Good Environment. Good Facilities. Management is very supportive.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
None I was a software contractor there twice (GoogleX and Google Pay). Google doesn't care about contractors. Contractor job specifications are narrowly defined so don't worry about attending meetings because they don't care what you have to say. Just do your job, eat, and go home. You get none of the benefits that regular employees get. Hourly pay may be equal but no stocks or bonuses obviously. You don't get to participate in group activities. Keep in mind you are not one of them, you're a short timer (< 1yr contract). No prospect for conversion either. Do it for the money and your resume. BTW, Google doesn't like it when you say on your resume you worked there even if you are neck deep in a Google project and working/sitting with Google co-workers. I just add "contractor at Google" to my title.
fun
culture

learning

motivating

people friendly

is like my second home

always excited to work everyday

free perks and animal friendly as well.

the place job in the whole wide world
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google does do some really great and inspiring work. It's easy to feel small in a big pond but keep working hard and if you choose to work there, remember you got the job for a reason.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work and good benefits. People are motivated. intelligent and often help when needed. A typical job at work involves simulation, meetings and lab work.
a. Managed entire 120 project engagements
b. Opportunity learn New technologies

c. Workplace was cool and flexible timing

d. Heavy Tech Sack

e. food, entertainment, cultural programs
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés