Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Mountain View, CA

Munkakör megnevezése
Összes
Munkavégzés helye
Mountain View, CA811 értékelés
811 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lots of perks, productive and fun. Lots of learning. 20/80 time. Level 5 position pays well. Cafeteria, gym, laundry and good vacation. Sign up bonus and relocation paid.
Munkahelyi kultúra
-Worked as a contractor and was able to meet inspiring and hardworking teammates
-Though my team was great, the difference between contracted workers and full-time workers was definitely felt, especially around team activities, meetings and no access to certain buildings.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a good company, very generous feeding people and courteous. Problem is, they outsource the job and the company in the middle makes money and you get the short end of the stick! It is sad for a company of that size, they could do better.
Big Company atmosphere
Kontra érvek
People are managed by program managers, not real managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is one of the best places to learn about technology and build impactful products reaching many millions of users. "Nothing is impossible" is the Google mindset.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a dream company for many, however it has all the problems of the big companies I have worked at before. Its really hard to get promoted, that's why I'm considering leaving
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google has their own culture, what you see in other companies and organizations is completely different than google. Basic idea of working in google is that you should have a collaborative nature meaning share what you learn and learn what others share. Overall my experience from google is really rewarding and fun.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, Lear alot, gBus commute
No cons
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on your department, but from what I've seen is contractors are held very low at Google. There is little to no flexibility, especially when asking for time-off. There is basically no support from managers expect to meet job quotas and contractors are severely underpaid compared to their full-time employed co-workers who do literally the same job. And no matter what, don't trust recruiters when they say conversion is possible. Seriously, with the recent re-orgs and budget changes, head-count availability changes almost daily. I've seen contractors either laid off after their contract ends or pushed to become a vendor so there's less limitations on how long they can work at Google.

On the bright side, they are implementing a standard for contractors to get some more benefits from their hiring companies, can't say if this affects the hourly wage as I've left a while ago in search for better pay.
Pro érvek
Free lunch, promise of better benefits for contractors
Kontra érvek
Tied to a leash, limited to 30 minute lunches, everyone goes off to enjoy Google events while Contractors stay to do the work, little to no growth available, some departments will flaunt high conversion rates in past, but nowadays there very little
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a nice place to work at. Lots of support. A variety of food is offered in various cafeterias. You get to meet diversified set of people and work with them
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Google - ATAP team. I truly enjoyed working with a remarkable team of dedicated engineers and managers. I was in for a 9 months contract then it got extended out to 16 months. The product (Jacquard) Google ATAP team launched was truly exciting and there were a lot of challenges the team had to over come and we did, what a success story. Glad to have worked on this contract for Google - ATAP !
Munkahelyi kultúra
Having been able to work at my own schedule and fill my time in my personal life was very helpful in keeping balance between my personal life and work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the way people are always changing positions and always ready to take on new challenges. It was amazing too see how much you grow with people and resources able to help you develop into a better employee.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve had an incredibly positive experience working at Google for the past two years. It’s a company that cares for its employees and compensated fairly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good place to learn and apply your expertise. good experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not a startup anymore, but still an amazing place to work! You learn so much from working with such smart, driven people. And the principles of innovation have successfully created truly amazing products.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They treat employees very bad and just a horrible company overall to work for with no value for their employees

They also don’t really want to help you succeed
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good workplace if you can tolerate ambiguity. I do not have much more to disclose at this time. I am just filling in the minumum character count for this review.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my coworkers and management. A typical day of work is receiving tickets and getting them completed in a timely fashion with a sense of urgency. Food is wonderful and free perks are wonderful also.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Professional team and goals clearly explained. Women sometimes treated differently. Difficult to transition from contractor to full time due to some brutal competition for the very few conversion spots compared to the vast number of contract recruiters hired at once (60 started the day I began). No vacation days or paid sick days nor paid holidays for contracted employees. No benefits. Only paid for 40 hours per week.
Pro érvek
Great company to have on your resume. Google bus transportation. Free food at all times.
Kontra érvek
Low conversion rate of contractors to full time employees. No security.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google has a lot of benefits, from free food to massages to employee development. The environment allows you to live on campus as needed. You also get to work with bright colleagues.
Free food
Long commute if you live in between SF and Mountain View
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very Good company to work with. Good benefits. Good management. Good Food. Good culture. Good Environment. Good Facilities. Management is very supportive.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
None I was a software contractor there twice (GoogleX and Google Pay). Google doesn't care about contractors. Contractor job specifications are narrowly defined so don't worry about attending meetings because they don't care what you have to say. Just do your job, eat, and go home. You get none of the benefits that regular employees get. Hourly pay may be equal but no stocks or bonuses obviously. You don't get to participate in group activities. Keep in mind you are not one of them, you're a short timer (< 1yr contract). No prospect for conversion either. Do it for the money and your resume. BTW, Google doesn't like it when you say on your resume you worked there even if you are neck deep in a Google project and working/sitting with Google co-workers. I just add "contractor at Google" to my title.