Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Kirkland, WA

24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 532 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work!!!! Fun environment
productive and fun place to work, enjoyed the culture and people. tasks were challenging and it was nice to work as a team and complete goals as we seen fit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great money, solid tech, Stalinist culture
The pay was great--and even better when the pager bonus (which was not mentioned in the offer) is counted.

The tech is, as it must be, groundbreaking. There are more problems with tech debt than might be expected, but resources tend to be thrown at problems before things go critical. Do note: on average, the engineers there are merely above average. Lots of greatness there, but also a lot of embarrassing code.

Their promotion of tech leaders to management has a siginficant drawback, in that these two skills are extremely different. First-level managers especially are very random in their skill.

But beware: Google is even more aggressively liberal internally than externally. Conservatives keep their heads down, and being outed can lead to unbearable conditions.
Good food, toxic environment
On the plus side they have 2 restaurants on site in Kirkland, WA. On the down side job expectations are extremely poorly defined so advancement is solely based on who you know. The methodology and quality control are mediocre at best.
Free food
Kontra érvek
Toxic work environment and poor quality management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google is a great place to work!!
Even for a starting position, the pay was great, my bosses were awesome, and my time there was very rewarding. If i ever had the opportunity to go bach and work there again, I would!
Pro érvek
free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
none.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was there on contract, not FTE
It was good as contract worker. The day was busy and fast pasted but fun. It's a social culture. the hardest part is high expectations but thats part of the draw.
Opportunitiy
First year 15 lb
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Enjoyed Internship
My internship experience was very great. I had an amazing mentor who is very knowledgable and fun to work with. I was able to learn a lot during the short time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ran like a ship without a sail
The department I was brought in to work for was dysfunctional at best, I was there as an expert in my field, but the resource did not utilize nor leverage my skills. The resource had insecurity issues and stress attacks about their job. Not a good experience with my direct reporting manager; however the other departments in our area seem to run better. I had excellent feedback from the departments I worked with when I was able to work without a micro-manager so constricted by their own stress brought on totally by themselves or corporate goal that was too aggressive for them - totally bad experience.
Pro érvek
laid back chill work environment with mobility and flexibly with experienced management
Kontra érvek
corporate goals and performance initiatives seemingly stressful to achieve
Munkahelyi kultúra
THIS(!) is the best place to work?
Worked there two years. Two of the most miserable years I spent. Job was boring, management was hostile and culture was very self absorbed and arrogant. But hey they had great insurance and free lunches. So, you are healthy and get 1 hour reprieve from the boredom.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Google was great. Required move was not.
Working at Google was great. The people are very smart, the job was interesting, and I had a lot of freedom to do the work that I thought was best.
Unfortunately, after I had been at Google about three months our VP decided that all of his team that worked in the United States outside of Mountain View had to move to Mountain View. I was one of seven people on the team outside of Mountain View and another of the seven was my manager. I suspect she knew the required move was coming well before it was announced because she left the group shortly before the move announcement. I chose not to move and found another local job about a month before I was going to be required to move to Mountain View.
Pro érvek
Free lunch, smart employees, freedom to do the work in a way that you think best
Kontra érvek
Required a move to the bay area
It's like being at Disneyland
A lot of fun to work for Google - as a contractor, however, there is little room for advancement and reaching a desirable salary. It's a hard place to leave.
Pro érvek
Free food and drinks and always some sort of fun activity
Kontra érvek
Contractors have little room for advancement
3,0
it was a contract job
i don't know what to say, it's a contract job, i can't really say anything good or bad, because i was never a google employee. which was sad, i really wanted to work for google.
2,0
It was a job
I was on the Google Play contract with Xerox for two years. The pay was less than stellar, the benefits were below par, and the work environment was a few card tables in a poorly ventilated room for the first few months I worked there.

Xerox lost the contract eventually, so there is no real reason to utilize this review to judge any other Google contracts against my own experiences.
Access to the entirety of the Google Play library
Kontra érvek
Draconian schedule, no real work life balance, uninspiring management, back to back calls with customers.
Great
Great place to work. Free food. Fascinating work. Pay is really great, people nice. Would recommend working there any time. I would go back again if I wasn't on a contract that expired.
Google Kirkland
I liked to start work early. This was not a problem with my managers. I was a tester for Android Hangouts. We had sufficient equipment to do our jobs and very good supervision. Google's tools are easy to learn and use, for the most part and issues seem to get fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

I enjoyed working with our leads and Manager. They worked extremely hard getting us up to speed on changing features. Google's facilities are first rate! I would be very happy to go back on another Vendor job if the opportunity arises.
Pro érvek
Free meals, drinks, great equipment, excellent work environment
None come to mind
Fantastic place to work
I worked at Google as a contract employee for 18 months. The work environment is fantastic, the benefits (free food and drink) are unbelievable, you get to work with some of the smartest people on the planet.
Pro érvek
Fantastic facilities, free food, great people
Kontra érvek
VERY difficult to get a full-time position
Great place to work!
Enjoyed my time at Google. I'd love to come back some day!

The benefits are very well known and I was able to set my own hours and I felt like I had the support of my managers at all times.
Pro érvek
Free meals, freedom to work effectively
N/A
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google: smart people, but jerks
Google is full of smart people, and they know it. The compensation and the perks (on-site meals, gym, etc) are amazing, but I think it's the only thing keeping people here because most of your coworkers are jerks.
great people
great people; you can meet a lot of smart people

great payment

free food and gym: the gym is pretty good

open access to the whole code repo
cool workspace
I love google, nice place to work and grow, following up on cool projects, strong team, smart people
Great to work for
Great company & benefits. Got acquired by them and they treated me well and had tons for resources to help me grow my skills.
Awesome work Enviornment
I loved working here, it's too bad it was a contract job and didn't pay well!
Catered Lunches, Snacks, Low Key/Pressure free work place
Boring work
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés