Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Council Bluffs, IA

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
17 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 3 794 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoyed working there. It was a great environment, had good food free lunch and made good money.. they had good people working there also. I loved it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
oversaw employees working on the construction of the data center. gave pre start meetings, audited work plans and assisted in the safety process of the plans. worked closely with engineering and superintendents to keep production on schedule. Helped develop emergency evacuation plan. was a safety advisor for the project.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great company to work, I been trying to join the Google team again. Very hard to keep up with workflow sometimes there is always help when needed need to know a lot about Linux and Network protocols and be able to think quick on your feet.
Great work Atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Lot of training but well worth it
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have had many corporate jobs, and this is by far one of the better. But it is worth noting that Google in the Data Center is completely different than Google elsewhere. There is little to no room for advancement, and little support for you to grow in your technical knowledge. If you come in from a background as a Linux Admin, or Network Engineer, you will gain little in this job and your skills will not be put to use. Your role will be more of a Project Manager, but without the compensation.
Pro érvek
Good benefits. Great Coworkers. Decent Food. Onsite Gyms.
Kontra érvek
Very Corporate. Poor Transparancy. Lack of Upwards Mobility.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work culture of Google was great. The people are friendly and like having fun. The one problem I had with it was sometimes you would be dragged into it when you were trying to accomplish work and finding quiet places to get work accomplished could be difficult since the closed off office spaces were typically occupied by meetings and the desks were all in an open space.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good to have google on resume. Enjoyed my work at google, however the knowledge gained at google cannot easily be transferred out to other jobs. Google has a lot of proprietary hardware and software which makes it tougher to relate to the industry. However doing some self study and reading through docs/guides one can gain valuable information. Best thing about Google is the people, all of which are genuinely humble and there to help you. Free food and games are a nice bonus for a hard days work. I was a contractor, the full-timer experience can vary.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The greatest place to work hands down. I felt like a valued member of the team and any idea, no matter how mundane was taken seriously. Management really was looking out for the little guy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Google hires a lot of contractors and few become employees. I wish they would hire most people as permanent employees and develop their people to grow.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The workday is nice and simple once you get the hang of it. Most people are really nice. The work was never too stressful unless deadlines were coming up.
Pro érvek
Good pay, Free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Easy work.
Kontra érvek
Most of the jobs are temporary contracts.
Munkahelyi kultúra
On top of learning about new and interesting technologies essentially on a daily basis, co-workers and supervisors were amazing to work with. Everyone seemed to be happy to be at work as well. Furthermore, the work schedules were flexible, and the company provided a lunch buffet at no cost. Several times the company allowed for fun team building activities at their own expense as well.
Pro érvek
free lunches, fun outtings, good morale, work with new technology, random bonuses
Kontra érvek
might be required to travel once in a while
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love getting up and going to work everyday. The environment is what a job site should feel like. The people and the clients make working for Google the best place to have a career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From what I've learned about the full-timers at Google, the benefits and perks are amazing. My work with Adecco was ok. Adecco itself could use some work but being at Google is fun at least.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, brilliant people, fun management
Being a temp
Munkahelyi kultúra
I don't agree with Google's hiring practices of hiring many contractors and letting go many. I don't agree with the method of development of their people while at Google. I believe they should have more faith in their contractors to allow them to not only setup the equipment physically but to also set up the equipment using software. Hardware will not work without software.
free lunches
Kontra érvek
hiring practices need to be looked at and emphasize that people should be the main mission
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pro's: ~Wonderful compensation and benefits. ~Team Cohesion ~Community Outreach Programs Con's: ~To HQ centric ~Managers at outlying facilities have to much power and not enough oversight. i.e. ineffective and/or nonexistent manager/employee collaboration. ~Insufficient promotion/pay increase processes. ~Unrealistic expectations
Kontra érvek
Culture not what it seems
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, great peers,perks and management. The caveat being that there is only two teams that work in the local area. In order to move on you either need to change companies or move.
Free lunches
Kontra érvek
hindered upward mobility for technical staff that doesn't want to move to California
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was contracted out through Adecco, and most of my day was spent trying to find things to do when the queue was cleared. A typical day was working on 50-60 servers, troubleshooting, replacing components, et cetera. I also was taught to run fibre optic cables, set up server racks, and even supervise teammates populating the server racks I had set up. Hardest part of the job was down-time. There was a lot of trying to find busy work.
Pro érvek
Free Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, FREE!
Kontra érvek
No benefits, 6 term contract.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fast paced days. Great team members. Good Mgmt. Free food. Great work environment.
great team members