Google-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Austin, TX

78 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 550 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Smart people and fun environment
Channels Specialist - Diversity (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, április 11.
Google will provide you an opportunity to work with some of the brightest in the industry. They also foster an inclusive work space and encourage everyone to have their voice heard.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Contracted
Field Operations (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, február 21.
I was contracted on a project at Google by Adecco. I was a remote worker and travelled 75% of the time. Its only a two year contract so it doesn't leave a lot of room to grow. The project I was under seemed very disorganized and not at a level I would have expected from a company like Google. This may be due to the fact that many of the moving parts are contracted but I witnessed a lot of issues due to poor communication and management. I enjoyed my time there for the most part. The job was very basic and monotonous but the pay was decent plus extras.
pay, travel, and flexibility
management issues, contracted, Adecco
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company no room from growth at my position
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, január 23.
Watch the ticket queue and respond according to priority of the issues that were presented.

management was off site and did not communicate much.

Co-workers were friendly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the free food
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Good job
GIS Analyst, Field Operations Maps (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2017, január 20.
Fun place to work. Good pay and befits. Most positions are for contract only for 2 years then required 6 months before being able to return. Would work for them again.
Pay
Contract mostly
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to learn and grow
Technical Recruiter (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2016, december 26.
Very hectic and high paced environment. Lots of perks to keep in in the office as long as possible. Work/life balance could use improvement. Corporate culture is great, but office culture is very entitled and fraternity-like. People create a lot of distractions and don't seem very career focused.
free food, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
no remote working, high stress
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 1Jelentés
Wonderful Opportinities
Community Leader Cohort (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2016, november 26.
Although my internship is unpaid, I strongly support the mission of the program that I volunteer with on behalf of Google.
Networking Opportunities
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace!
Recruiter (Contract) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2016, október 5.
Great company. Great culture. Great benefits. Free food. Great People. Great Training. Nap Pods. Great coworkers. Productive and fun workplace!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 3Jelentés
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not very fun. Feels like a prison
Trusource Labs - Trainer/Email Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2016, augusztus 22.
Usually the name Google is synonymous with a fun, creative work environment. That is not the case when it comes to my time at Google Nest. As a trainer in a Google facility, we could not rearrange classroom seating as we saw fit without corporate approval. We could not even change the clocks to account for daylight savings time or even for better time accuracy without corporate approval. Google has their own security staff which is nice to an extent, however, should you dim the lights or bring in a visitor, you will be on their bad side. The pay was decent, but not decent enough to stay. The regulations of this facility really inhibited work flow.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 4Jelentés
Exciting, progressive work environment
Construction Superintendent (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2016, július 5.
I enjoyed the overall experience at Google and was very sad to leave this position. Benifits were good as was the working environment. Great team to be a part of
Great Benifits
Kontra érvek
Should have been able to work from home often
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
3,0
Don't be a Google Maps GIS Surveyor
Adecco contractor, surveyor, Insight, PlaceSense (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2015, szeptember 11.
There is a strong divide between working as a contractor for Google vs being an employee. It was like being at the fence of the garden of Eden, looking in at happy Googlers, while sitting just out of reach. Being a Google employee, a "white badger", is great. Being a contractor (or TVC as Google calls us) can range from honestly very great, to terrible. If you're a developer who is a contractor, or a manager, life is pretty good. But if you're a worker bee, it's rough. The maps people possibly have the worst of it.

The Google divide is becomes quickly, starkly obvious just after starting. There is no health insurance, and no paid time off when working as a Google Maps surveyor (or any TVC). Traveling extensively, often no where interesting, and staying over the weekend with no option to return home for weeks at a time made this job very hard for me, especially because I have a family. Vacations, even short ones, where highly detrimental to putting food on the table and paying rent.

Google gave me a corporate credit card to pay for daily meals, which was good. BUT the card was heavily micromanaged with daily and weekly reports due for its use. Even though it had a daily expenditure cap. But I was never allowed to gain points for purchases, while my managers quickly become diamond Hilton members making reservations for me... A very clear double standard. You are also expected to enter business spaces and survey but without permission from business and business owners, which didn't sit well with me.

It was also falsely advertised as 50-75% travel, but was actually closer
  több... to 92.5 percent travel. I counted the days I spent with my wife, I spent about 35 days with her over a year. When I asked about this, I was informed the nature of the work changed since I was hired, and I could quit or continue working. (The nature hadn't changed, it was like that from day 1.)

It was very easy to be fired. Once, this is true, a surveyor accidentally bumped into a Google employee while passing the employee in a hallway. That TVC was fired within ten minutes, because the employee thought it was done on purpose. Another TVC made a joke an employee didn't like, and security literally showed up and escorted that person to their hotel, packed their bags, and brought them to the airport. TVC are constantly criticized my Google managers and TVC managers on the quality of their work. Any dip in "numbers and metrics" usually foreshadowed a reprimand. So a lot of TVC falsified their work to have high numbers, which made honest employees look like slackers. But the "top performers" where not questioned. This really caused a toxic work environment.

Management rarely reached out except to criticize, and frankly couldn't remember TVC names most of the time.

Performance reviews were strange. Many questions were asked, but one question was always asked. Managers constantly asked TVCs is they were "happy", which everyone automatically answered "yes", regardless of the honest of that. Google has a strange was of equating "happiness" to "job performance". While it's true happy employees work better, that doesn't mean honestly unhappy ones aren't working well. But everyone who admitted to being "unhappy" was let go within a month or two.

Fellow TVCs are delusional. Many TVC claim to be Google employees, but become notably distressed when unable to attend Google events, and TVC managers are vindictive when other TVC point out that "we are all TVCs." Many falsely claim to be Google employees on their linkedin profiles. When the job is particularly bad, TVC offer each other reassurance that "at least they can put Google on their resume", which is just sad.

Google managers are removed from the TVC reality. When going to Brazil, I requested emergency medical supplies, which was denied, because Brazil "wasn't a safety concern according to the Google Security Team." While sitting at gunpoint, briefly hostage in a favela, I was relieved that I purchased the kit myself. When we finally notified our Google manager of our near death experience, his response was, "I'm in meetings all day, sounds like you guys are alive and took care of it."

Not having insurance become a big problem too. Due to the laws of probability, I was put in several situations where people tried to actually murder me, either through vehicular homicide while driving, and once at gun point. All in less than a year. Being a combat veteran myself, having some one trying to kill me isn't new. What was new was having zero safety net for my family should I die. And having fellow Americans (or in some cases, Brazilians) trying to kill me.

There was zero protection for women. Several of the female surveyors were nearly sexually assaulted or robbed when working in bad areas. All surveyors are put in situations of questionable safety, but being female seemed to attract even more than usual trouble.

Overall, between the micromanagement, danger, and time away from home, this was a miserable job. I don't recommend it.

If health and life insurance, and paid time off were part of the job, it would have been a better.
  kevesebb
Free food
Kontra érvek
dangerous, zero growth, time away from home, no benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 37Nem 4Jelentés
2,0
New fiber optic Internet and TV provider
Field Sales Representative (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, Tx2015, augusztus 14.
cons: Inconsistent scheduling, poor work/life balance, works outside in harsh weather conditions, management needs improvement, no commission, no consecutive days off, unorganized

pros: great co-workers, free snacks (sometimes), flexible vacation time, hourly pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
2,0
A blur.
Sourcer 3 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2014, június 20.
Google is a great training ground, but not the best moral ground.
Free food.
Very very bad culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 21Nem 6Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun, great pay, good people
Team Lead - Campaign Project Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2013, szeptember 4.
Just a fantastic place to work. Free food, snacks, incredible benefits, an amazing office culture. What more can I say...Google is a really amazing place to be.
Pro érvek
Free food, great pay, and benefits
Kontra érvek
In Austin you can be stuck in a role because the office is very small
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rated one of the best places to work for a reason
Google Apps Strategist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2013, február 20.
As an employee, you really feel like the company shares wealth among all their employees. The work you do here is high impact and they're very open to letting you figure out new ways to do things.
Pro érvek
working at scale - you can have a global impact in almost any area, getting to think big, strong technical peers, highly educated, exceptionally skilled workforce.
Kontra érvek
allot of the key product support has been outsourced to vendors.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
Inside Sales Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2012, június 12.
Great company to work for with like minded people. Great benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Amazing Corporate Culture and Perks
Strategist 3 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2012, május 24.
I can't really say much that isn't already public knowlege.

Free food, great benefits and an amazing corporate culture that fosters innovative thinking and leadership from all levels.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Casual team environment where you are pushed to excellence.
Business Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin2011, október 20.
The company is not as intimidating as some expect. The work is fast-paced and the metrics are clear. This company rewards hard workers who want to add to the company's ongoing goals of success.
Pro érvek
casual dress, fun environment, meals at work provided
Kontra érvek
management expectations can be unrealistic
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés

Tekintsen meg Google további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van