Google Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 2 334 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Toffe collega's & job, veel in eigen handen
Accountmanager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dublin2018, április 30.
Het werk bevalt, maar de HR die niet on site is heeft al vaak voor knelpunten gezorgd. Directe managers zijn van top kwaliteit en geven om hun teamleden, jammer dat de bedrijfstop dit niet reflecteert. De job zelf is tof om te doen, dagelijkse contact met bedrijven uit Nederland is top.
Pro érvek
Open sfeer op de werkvloer
Kontra érvek
Bedrijfstop is nergens te bespeuren
Fast paced, intense workplace
Line Cook (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sunnyvale, CA2018, április 29.
My workplace at Google was in the Production kitchen. A typical day starts at 9 am and the kitchen is very busy and fast paced, I deliver foods to each building on the campus and at the end of the day I close the kitchen down and leave by 530 or 6pm.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It can be tough to be a temp staff
Project Coordinator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Singapore2018, április 28.
While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'.

However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things.

Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well.

*Full time employees.
Pro érvek
Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers
Kontra érvek
You will be treated differently
Great Job!
Chrome Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, április 27.
The job was awesome. Wish there were more customers that new about the product, seemed to be something that was not marketed well in my region. However, managed to sell each one I received. Also loved the culture of the company, always willing take extra time for training and overall seemed to care about employees happiness.
Excellent Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Administrative Business Partner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, április 27.
My experience at Google was extremely positive. I learned so much new technology as well as experiencing a new culture. Very easy to be creative as an ABP which makes the job fun. Unfortunately, there are only 4 positions for ABP at Google Pittsburgh, however, I am grateful to have experienced the role for 7 mos.
Pro érvek
Free food, casual fun atmosphere, work anywhere if you want to get away from your desk.
Kontra érvek
Contractors and vendors are treated less than!! Unfortunately...
Pretty good
Judgement Contributor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Davao City2018, április 26.
Teaches time management and promotes camaraderie. They were clear with their instructions. Establishes great environment for career development. Great culture!
Food preparation
Food Prep (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sunnyvale, CA2018, április 25.
My usual work day consisted of prepping signs for daily breakfast set up, making sure we were stocked with all tools needed to get the day started, and make sure work for all crews went as smoothly as possible. I learned how to work with various things at once and how to prioritize menu items as needed (hot/cold foods).
The manager for our cafe and I worked closely throughout the day to ensure food quality and make any necessary changes as needed. I did not see any part of what I did on a daily basis as a challenge. I enjoyed what I did through out the day and liked interacting with all of our regular Googlers.
Pro érvek
Healthy food options, great managers, peers
Contractor's POV
Web Tagger (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 24.
As a contractor and not an employee, it was clear that becoming an employee depended in being able to fit with the clique - meaning having the right combination of education and alumni connections. Team members that were employees were sometimes snobbish, but there are jerks in all companies. Managers were generally helpful and clear with what they expected as work output. Only disappointment is feeling like a part of the team, but not really, because a handful of employees are immature.
Pro érvek
free food, plenty of parking spots
Kontra érvek
no real advancement track as a contractor
Munkahelyi kultúra
On the road action and loads of fun!
Maps Streetview Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2018, április 23.
Everyday I mapped a new area of either my city or the surrounding counties. I learned the city like the back of my hand this way and with the guidance of management(who were awesome) I efficiently got my job done. The hardest part was simply getting used to working a job that didn't require me to do back breaking work. It was very odd just driving all day and getting paid for it but very enjoyable.
Pro érvek
laid back, great management, learning experience.
Long ride back home.
Contract at Google
Recruiting Coordinator (Contract) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 23.
I worked as a contractor for 2 years at Google, and overall it was a positive experience. The culture and benefits of being onsite were incredible, but being a contractor had a lot of downsides. I performed at a high level and they chose not to convert me (or many of my coworkers) to FT status because they preferred to hire people fresh out of Ivy League schools. With the culture of companies moving away from this model (and with how broken the university system is in general), I was surprised to see Google wasn't at the forefront of hiring people based on talent and not based on where they went to school.
Pro érvek
Free food and transpotation to work
Kontra érvek
a lot expected from you and no promise of extension or reward for your work
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best working experiences every.
Site Reliability Engineer / SA (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cambridge, MA2018, április 22.
Google was a wonderful place to work at. A typical day consisted of reviewing on going bugs and delivering ways to fix them, as well as committing change lists to improve any systems/applications that were launched in Borg. I learned a lot on how Google executes business practices in fluid and collaborative ways without getting bogged down in paperwork. The Management Team is highly technical, they could provide feedback for challenging solutions and guidance on how to wrangle them. Google's workplace culture is collaborative but highly competitive, you always need to bring you "A" game on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was trying to manage work life, as the demands for getting projects completed on time were paramount. My fondest memories for working at Google were the SRE members in the flights team. These members were a great bunch to work with.
Pro érvek
Excellent Compensation and Benefits. Collaborative work environment is wonderful.
Kontra érvek
Job Work / Life Balance could be better.
Self Motivated and Responsibility is on You
Google Maps Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Grand Rapids, MI2018, április 20.
You can start mapping after sunrise and map until sunset, so as long as the sun is up (minus some dusk/dawn parameters) you can get out there when you want, stop when you need to, and not have any micromanaging. Very fun and freeing position, but can be a little boring at times in a car all day by yourself. Very fun summer job.
Pro érvek
You're working for Google!
Temporary Position
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Miss working here, but searching for new roles.
Account Executive (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 20.
Google/CDI was a great experience and I am eternally grateful for all the people I met and the exposure I got through this role. My contract ended and I'm currently looking for new opportunities!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
great place to work
Network Engineer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 19.
great place, was layed off along with ~800 due to owners having second thoughts regarding their initial investments in Google Fiber. During this transitional period they were very helpful & concerned for my well being.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its a great company to work with
OTC/SCM Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, április 19.
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
Bad place to work
Assembly Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 19.
The manger of the project didn't know what he was doing. the building was way too hot 90 degrees in the summer and 40 in the winter bad for electronics and working
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Excellent And Positive Work Environment To Expose all your skills
GIS Analyst (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hyderabad, Telangana2018, április 19.
Its a great fun to work with this, you will all freedom to express your best skills. Learned a lot about interpersonal skills and how to develop ourself for future growth.
Free lunches, Great Team, Team outing
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 52Nem 5Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Becoming a "normal company"
Senior Technical Program Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 18.
Google is now run by a Wall Street CFO. We know how this story ends.

Machine learning is doing well.

Indeed requires a minimum of 150 characters. Done.
Pro érvek
Food is still free. For now.
Kontra érvek
With a few exceptions, Google now follows. It does not lead.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great working at Google, the temp agency could use some work though....
Autonomous Vehicle Specialist & Data Collector (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2018, április 17.
Working at Google has been a wonderful experience. Almost everyone who works at Waymo is hired through a temp agency. The temp agency I was hired through was Adecco and it seems to do the absolute bare minimum.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
empresa muito boa em todos os ambientes
Executivo de contas (Volt alkalmazott) –  São Paulo, SP2018, április 17.
empresa no geral boa de se trabalhar , porem não havia flexibilidade de horario
tecnologia
horarios
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van