Goodwill Industries Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 14 375 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Scanner (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Carson, CO 809132018, november 6.
As I was contracted by Goodwill. I did not work in any of their retail stores. I filed paperwork. I found the atmosphere nice and quiet to let me get my work done. Other Employees great to work with.
Horrible place to work
Production/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2018, november 6.
I wouldn't want anyone to work here , the only good thing is that if your into fashion you get first dibs on all the high end vintage items that come through the door before they hit the floor . The checks never come when they say their suppose to
Pro érvek
You can first dibs on things
Kontra érvek
under paid and over worked
Munkahelyi kultúra
a very good starter job for teenagers and students
Processor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cottage Grove, MN2018, november 5.
This is a very good place for a teenager or student. For someones first job this is the place to be! I think that this is a good way to get work experience. Managers and Co-workers are very patient with mistakes. But if you're looking for a long term career here I don't recommend this place. Very limited full-time positions and they are the only ones that get benefits. Pay is also pretty low compared to competitors.
Pro érvek
Patient co-workers, good place to start
Kontra érvek
Limited full-time positions, minimal pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The quicker you worked, the more you got payed.
Assembler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wooster, OH2018, november 5.
I worked mainly in one area. I was the 3rd. highest paid worker in the shop. I was sometimes moved to other areas when the production demands warranted demanded.
Good Beginner r Job
Processor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Longwood, FL2018, november 5.
Working with Goodwill is a great job if you are just starting out in the job field. Not easy at all to move up in the company endless you know the right people. Its a steady job if you are fresh out of high school or a college freshmen but if you are trying to support yourself on just good will its hard. If you start off at part-time its hard to go full-time. The managers are fun but do take their job seriously.
Maquinas de snaks
Forklift Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2018, november 5.
Falta de valorizacion del trabajo y falta de comunicacion
Munkahelyi kultúra
Goodwill mission help those be placed to work in the community.
Senior Retail Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, SC2018, november 5.
At the present time working for Goodwill, I had a part time job. Unfortunately I didn't enjoyed the mission like how I intended helping those be placed to jobs and finding work by assisting them with their needs. I was helping but I believe if I currently had one position at Goodwill I would continue working there as of today since 2013. Management had their store well organized which I enjoyed but it came a moment to say good bye to everyone due to over worked at the partime job. I ended up losing both jobs and the hardest part is don't be so greedy bills will remained but a good job is rare sometimes. The most enjoyable is see people shop.
Pro érvek
mission is a successful company that applies the needs for the community.
Kontra érvek
I didn't chose the right decision but I have grown.
Worked as a team.
Janitorial Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntington, WV2018, november 5.
A typical day at work I would start out vacuuming office carpets. Then cleaning men's and women's bathrooms. Sweeping and mopping hallways dusting in store cleaning windows I learned that goodwill donates slot of things to Africa. Management was fair had to wear dress shirts and khakis. The hardest part was waking up early in the morning to start working hard. The most enjoyable part the work all paid off.
Bring own lunches
Short breaks
Store Manager
Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plano, TX2018, november 5.
Goodwill Industries only gives you one T-Shirt which is what you must wear when working at all times. They charge you for every single shirt at FULL cost, ex: $18.00 per shirt when making $10.00 an hour made no sense to me. This company sales product that is total donated everything is given for free to the local donation sites. Employees are over worked and under paid, they work 7 days a week including every holiday and not on a volunteer basis.
I ran the smallest location and heard of how much and how often the other store managers worked and how hard they had to push to get their quota's met with the incentive being a monthly bonus check which never happen. My store was not even thought about as it again was the smallest yet I still did and instructed my employees to make the daily, weekly and monthly quota's set for the store we exceeded them every month with no incentive expected or received.
You had no place to put your lunch as no refrigerators were allowed in the back of the store, even though employees said they would even buy a small fridge to donate as a place to keep your lunch. You could work a double shift and have no way of keeping your food cold until you were able to take a break.
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oshkosh, WI 549022018, november 5.
I worked at Goodwill NCW for approximately seven months. The pay was excellent, and they had amazing benefits. Unfortunately the job wasn't a good fir for me, and I am no longer there. I would recommend applying at Goodwill NCW for anyone who is looking for a part or full time job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the customers is rewarding
Retail Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Asheville, NC2018, november 5.
Average company to work with. Working with the customers is the most rewarding part of the job. Overall the job provides a good working environment.
I was lucky
OUTLET MANAGER (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2018, november 5.
Goodwill is a nonprofit company who's company goal is to "to provide vocational opportunities with barriers to employment. Unfortunately at some point over the last few years GICW has forgotten what that means. I was fortunate to have good superiors to give me opportunities within the company. I am incapable of making a difference in my current position, and it would take someone in the HR and Operations department to really recognize the issues and be motivated to help make the changes needed to improve the current culture.
Pro érvek
vacation, sick time, job stability
pay, equipment, conditions
Nice and good teamwork
Collection Attendance/ Receptionist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, november 5.
Every worker well trained before you start work at donation x'press and you always do more assessment questions to updates your experience at work.The managers and supervisors are always addressed issues
Pro érvek
supervisor motivation and problem solving
addresses issues
Not Great
Donation Center Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Huntington Beach, CA2018, november 5.
The people are mostly great, it’s the actual job that is sub par. The stores are ALWAYS understaffed so there is never enough people to get everything done. That means everyone is in constant overdrive just trying to keep up. The pay is basically minimum wage with ZERO allowed overtime. Hours are not flexible, and the work is unforgiving. The friendly co workers can make it ok, but all it takes is the one person with a bad attitude to make your 8 hour shift completely miserable. All the managers I knew were very nice however and never had a problem with them. Another thing to note is that the customers are more obtrusive than the average store. There are a lot of homeless people and thieves that come in and try to steal/give you a hard time because we are a non profit organization.
Occasional free lunch
Kontra érvek
Nonfelxible hours, no overtime, hard labor, overly difficult customers
WHAT I have learned
General warehouse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roxbury, MA2018, november 5.
The things I have learned is how to respect the boss no matter if it's a job coach that is telling you what to do you must and always resect the them.
being respcetful to others
Kontra érvek
being disrespectful to others at work
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a temporary job agency
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2018, november 5.
This place was a temporary job placement. I loved the people and the employment atmosphere was very good. At the temporary job that I was in the workplace culture was very good.
I worked independently
Kontra érvek
It was very noisy in the office every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Extremely rewarding and fun work enviroment
Donor/Greeter (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2018, november 5.
As a Donor/Greeter I was responsible for unloading vehicles of people making donations as quickly as possible. And also processing the donations into the correct totes and moving them to the various pricing stations.
I learned more time management skills. Supported by management.
Great place to work but can get really busy during yard sale season.
The daily interaction with the Donors, shoppers and co-workers.
Toxic work culture
Donation Station Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Seattle2018, november 5.
This company espouses that "jobs change lives", however the on the job experience as a station attendant is one of thankless labor, exposure to potentially hazardous situations with little or no protective care from the employer, and predatory compensation practices.
Bad Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rio Rancho, NM2018, november 5.
You can’t do anything right when working here. Hard work is not rewarded. The general manager was not easy to work with at all. Everyone was in a bad mood for the rest of the day when this person would arrive.
Poor management
Experience needed
Volunteer Reception/Admin Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, november 4.
While unemployed I was able to volunteer giving me something to do during the week while I was looking for work. I was also able to gain experience with general office, and receptionist duties expanding my qualifications on future job searching.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Goodwill Industries? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van