Goodwill Industries Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 11 869 értékelés megmutatása
Goodwill, Not So Good :(
Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2018, február 9.
I was so excited to work for Goodwill and was so happy when they saw my resume and had a better position fit for me.

There was zero training, zero mentorship, and silos...lots of unhelpful support department silos.

New management came, just as bad as the previous management, but terrible in equally bad ways.
Absolutely none
Kontra érvek
Zero appreciation, threatening management, not even a T-shirt for managers
Productive Environment
Store Clerk and Office Assistant Trainee (Volt alkalmazott) –  MN2018, február 8.
A typical day at work was productive. Management was fair due to lack of professionalism. The hardest part of the job was refusing to take donations in poor condition. The unprofessionalism and hurtful comments from particular staff discriminated myself and employees/clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers and working with the store manager. I enjoyed gaining the experience and expertise to apply it to my future career.
Pro érvek
Customer interaction, contributing to the community
Kontra érvek
short breaks, poor management and scheduling
plenty of opportunity
Cashier/Recyling (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2018, február 8.
Plenty of variety in positions. Plenty of room for advancemnt. Many programs offered to assist employees to ensure success in a career or education. Great place to start.
programs, pay, diversity
Kontra érvek
working in a warehouse can get very hot and very cold but if you can deal with that then youre good
Seriously, Just Don't.
Sales/Textile (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint John, IN2018, február 8.
I ended up getting this job because the area I live is has pretty limited options for full time jobs. Easily the worst decision of my life. For one, the management department of this company is horrible. There was a lot of disrespect and laziness from that department, especially from the store manager. Several employees called corporate to complain about her and nothing was done. Apparently you can get away with whatever you want as long as you know someone in corporate.

Only work here if you enjoy being miserable and disrespected on a daily basis. I didn't realize how much this job was negatively impacting my life until I moved on. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Vacation time
Stressful work environment, management
Friendly staff
Cashier/Stocker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crestview, FL2018, február 8.
The manager was rude to everyone and had to ask everyone who worked there if she was doing things right and never keep up with days and let me go cause she didn’t keep up with her side and claimed I missed to many days
Pro érvek
Learning from new experiences and discounts
Rude people
clerk
Stocker/Backroom (Volt alkalmazott) –  Des Moines, IA2018, február 8.
handled the drop off area, check in items,cust service, thank customers, sort items, quality control, stock shelves,clean the work area, restrooms,etc, help load items for customers
Pro érvek
a part time job -usually nice customers
Kontra érvek
low pay not a set schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best entry level and first time job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2018, február 8.
Goodwill Industries was my first place of employment. I continued to remain employed for over 4 1/2 years. It gave me the confidence I needed to venture out and look for other places of opportunity. I definitely recommend anyone looking for their first job to consider applying for Goodwill.
n/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Collins, CO2018, február 8.
Goodwill is a very friendly place to work. I enjoyed helping all the customers that came in. Goodwill takes very good care of their employees. They are very professional.
Horrible work environment
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Country Walk, FL2018, február 8.
Worst company ever, the general manager and the assistant manager abuse the employees, I did all the reports but the company don’t did nothing, I got gastric problems and allergies because the stress and abuse.. they forced me to leave my work, and around 8 employees more had to leave for the same problem...
Not Recommended
Career Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Murfreesboro, TN 371272018, február 8.
Goodwill's mission is great in theory but they have issues with truly carrying out their mission. Last time I was there Goodwill was going under financially and continually made bad financial decisions. Those bad financial decisions cost me and several other people their jobs.
Mission
Kontra érvek
Financial Situation, Funds generated are100% from store sales.
Mind game
Warehouse Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, február 8.
Had so many comments on personal breaks as going to the bathroom and the supervisors don't train the same. I think it was due to employees the main bosses ignore or put up with idk but they are flexible if you want exp. ask the women there!
learning new things
Immature
Over worked & under paid
CRMA/DSP2 (Volt alkalmazott) –  Goodwill NNE2018, február 8.
I took this job as a DSP to help other people with disabilities, however Goodwill over worked me to the point of having a breakdown.. Was to be part time yet was over worked average 16-23 hours straight at a time.
Terrible
Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Battle Creek, MI2018, február 8.
Regardless if you are just a retail empolyee or a member of management that company could care less about it's employees and treats them very poorly. Highly recommend looking elsewhere for employment.
very little
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
Goodwill slow but hard depending.
Team member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shawnee, KS2018, február 8.
I would work the donation door and accept donations, or cashier, or even run clean up for the store.

I learned that there's a lot of great things that people will donate but besides that not much

Management is great but the District managers and higher are horrible.

the hardest part is dealing with District managers and higher-ups. they have no regard and avoid all the problems that pop up saying that it's under there pay grade when they must deal with it.

the culture is relaxed but it can get fast paced at times

there's not too much in the enjoyment department unless you get that perky feeling knowing that you're helping your community.

the best part is when its slow and I can keep things nice and clean
Pro érvek
know that your helping others indirctly
Kontra érvek
DM's and above are horrible at there job
Munkahelyi kultúra
Basically cleaning up after people all day long
Associate (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kennewick, WA2018, február 8.
You'll feel like you're always in a rush & can never accomplish the tasks given to you, even if you are a hard worker. You will not be compensated based on merit, so no need to go above & beyond, you'll still be making the same as the person who calls in all the time & never finishes their tasks. You will basically be forever hanging up clothes, dealing with customers who switch tags, or just straight up steal in front of your face.
Pro érvek
I like a few of my co.workers
The store itself
Work at Goodwill
Goodwill Store Team Member (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wallingford, CT2018, február 8.
Temporary Sorted, tagged hanger. Put donations out on the Floor
Cleaned Shelves, Greeting Customers and helping them find what they are looking for. It was an ok place to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A non-profit which does not live up to its mission
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Volt alkalmazott) –  Newark, OH2018, február 8.
I was the assistant to the CEO of the company. We had nine retail stores and numerous cleaning contracts, and also a teen program which assisted with many issues they face. Most of the money we made from the retail stores was not used for the assistance programs, instead they applied for grants and such to keep those programs going. The profits from the stores were put into investments and long term CD's. The company paid its executives outrageous salaries while the worker bee's made pennies on the dollar.
not a fun place to work
Tagger (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sealy2018, február 8.
I thought when I first started there, it was ok. Then the boss expects more of us. We are making them money, and not getting anything in return. The hardest part is being on my feet all day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't fall for the benefits!!
Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Columbia, MD2018, február 7.
This company is all about money. Management sucks(from HR to store). Too many demands, not enough pay. The benefits are what attracts you to the company, however it is NOT worth the stress. I did enjoy interacting with the customers when they weren't complaining about the prices. The hours are long and you barely get time to spend with your family. Overall, I've had good experiences but there were more bad than good. Not, to mention, the store is always a mess and the back storage area is so dangerous.
Discount, Benefits, Customers
Management, Hours, Wages, Attitude, Cheap, No overtime
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
A Great Place to Work For!
Attended Donation Center Attendent. (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Harrisonburg, VA2018, február 7.
Overall, I like Goodwill and the missions that the company supports. It feels good to know that even though the pay is low, that the money they could be paying employees, is going to prividing more jobs, and other worthwhile causes.

Átfogó minősítés