Goodwill Industries-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Attendant

447 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Very unique work environment
Inventory and Production Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensboro, NC2017, július 17.
A typical day for a donation attendant consists mostly of producing goods for the sales floor and sorting donated goods. There is also a fair amount of logistic work as well. Production is really the name of the game.
Low supervision
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, Sundays mandatory, unable to shop at your own store
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not happy with my position here at Goodwill as a donation attendant! It's stressful and overwhelming!
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Dorado Hills, CA2017, július 12.
I am very grateful for this job! It has helped me get through some tough times, but it it time for me to move forward with my life and find a career that I enjoy!
Steady pay check
Stressful, overwhelming, lonely
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and hardworking place to work
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Symrna2017, július 11.
I enjoyed the job i was doing at goodwill industries, also working with the public was an amazing part of my job. I moved on from goodwill industries because i was moving out of the town.
Customers
Policies & management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is very laid back ..
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Macon, GA2017, július 11.
My typical day at work is serving customers, making sue they are happy. I learn new things everyday about people because they are all different. I learn to manage my work area and maintain a good work ethic. The hardest part of the job is keeping cool when customers are disrespectful. I enjoy making people smile.
Productive and fun
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dublin, CA2017, július 10.
I loved working at Goodwill. Huge company but at the store it is a small business and almost family like. We made a great team and management was down to earth and willing to work around any issues.
Pro active
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, július 9.
There is a lot that goes into running a retail store. The documentation of inventory, finding out areas for potential profit and finding the highest price buyers are willing to pay for it. This was my very first job and it taught me a lot of skills. How to deal with frustrated customers, how to develop customer relationships, and paying attention to customer needs. When you begin to focus on customer needs, you will soon begin to benefit you and the customer which they become regulars.
Meeting new people
benefits, pay, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and great place to work
ADC Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2017, július 6.
A typical day at work started out with moving furniture stored in the back on to the sales floor and begin sorting donations so you could get the donation carts empty so you could accept more donations. Summer time is very, very busy and the donation carts fill up fast, and there just isn't enough manpower to sort through all of the donations. BUT, management is reasonable and appreciates the hard work that you put in. If you show up on time and work hard, the managers will like you, and you'll like the managers as well. The hardest of the job is just being physically active for 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is always having something to do.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
You cant purchase anything at the store you work at
Munkahelyi kultúra
Donations was the best place to work
Donations Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, AR2017, július 5.
I worked in the donations area and it was an awesome job. I absolutely love it. When people would ask me what it was like I would always tell them that it's like getting presents everyday but it'll always be a surprise.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
You can't buy anything that just went out on the floor until it's been out for 24 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you need a stepping stone this is it
Collection Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rancho Cordova, CA2017, július 1.
Great management and love the coworkers I had, just didn't like how they wouldn't give us full time ever or bump your pay. I learned how to open and close a store as well as dealing with customers and helping them with donations, also answering phones, taking down inventory, doing quality control on all my work, and making sure the place is clean. And when transportation comes I would help them load and unload trucks.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Decent job at best.
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2017, július 1.
If it wasn't for the high spirited employees working along side you the work life would be miserable. Customer base is extremely rude and condescending. Management has no accountability for their actions portrayed against staff.
Discount.
Kontra érvek
Breaks. Lunch is short. Management is never there.
An adventure every day!
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2017, július 1.
The day starts out like any other day on a job. The daily meeting before opening, assignments given and then we start working. As a donation attendant i was the back bone our tasks can vary from day to day or as quickly as minute to minute! Ive learned over the years to handle stressful days and to think on my feet to provide the best customer service i can for our donators and customers. My coworkers have come from all walks of life each with their own work experience from the young folks just starting out in the work force all the way to the veterans who were looking for employment after their service. It was quite a honor to work with such a well rounded team.
The hardest part of the job will definitely be the sale saturday every other saturday is the 50% off sale where all items with the exception of new goods seasonal and drinks/snacks are half off it is literally black friday every other week all year long. The most enjoyable part was hearing on routine basis were the customers and donators thanking us for everything we do for the community.
Pro érvek
never a dull moment friendly staff.
Kontra érvek
high stress at times brutal to work in the summer drink alot of water!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Productive on good days
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jefferson City, MO2017, június 28.
The job itself is fantastic but the gm management isnt the greatest. Excellent employees have been turned away because of this. The environment is friendly and positive
Pro érvek
Being able to interact with customers and learn about in and out the enviornment
Kontra érvek
Gm management isnt the most professional
trash
Donation attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Merced, CA2017, június 28.
This place is not professional. It disregards safety requirements and they never gets correct number of inventory supplies. When supplies are short they toss donations and pile them up, very bad fire hazard!!
working with great people
Kontra érvek
not professional, supplies are limited
Good work Management needs improving
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yakima, WA2017, június 26.
while i have enjoyed my 6 years working here the upper management, not store level management is very disconnected from the needs of the store level employees especially the donation attendants. while not every store gets as much in donations as the one i was employed in the volume with which we would get items versus the amount of people available to sort was often an imbalanced ratio. leading to excessively difficult working conditions with little to no break periods to accomplish even the basic tasks asked of you in your position.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The typical day of donation attendant
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2017, június 22.
the typical day was showing up at the donation site taking and sorting donations in catigors of Eletronics, house wares,clothing, and misolanis items. packing them for pick up. And being the only one their and being swamped.
Pro érvek
Its a good job to keep your mind going.
its stressful.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to temporarily work
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Worth, TX2017, június 20.
At first everything starts out nicely but later on one realizes that what they do is not worth what they get paid. Not everyone (including myself) is happy to be accepting furniture that should be taken to the dump in the first place and even the costumers will donate items that should have been thrown away without a second thought. You come to realize that throwing away other peoples trash and other items is not worth minimum wage. However, the managers that I worked under were some of the most understanding and down to earth people I've ever met, not to mention that they'll work with you. A lot of employees enjoy gossiping and speaking about others behind their back as well.
Great Management
Low pay
Great experience
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waldorf, MD2017, június 20.
I had a good time working for goodwill. I had great coworkers/teammates, we communicated well we coached each other up. The management loved to keep a team oriented environment. And great customer service was a must. I enjoyed my time with the company.
donations we couldn't accept
Worst workplace ever.
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2017, június 19.
Worst place I've ever worked.
Toughest too, for no reason.

When a donor doesn't trust the donation attendant, I got searched as if I was a bank robber.

I also make MORE money doing Plasma then busting my butt for them. I once worked soo hard that a DONOR wanted to give me new shoes, he saw mine were busted.

Goodwill, made me take the shoes off and sell them.
Sometimes slow
Kontra érvek
Have a taskforce of people watching you for no reason
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back working at your own pace
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Monticello, VA2017, június 19.
The job that i had was very laid back and you are able to work at your own pace. The Boss comes in and checks up on you a few times a month. No heavy pressure.
Pro érvek
Able to work at your own pace.
Kontra érvek
You have to work in extreme heat and extreme cold
Munkahelyi kultúra
goodwill was a great place to work
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mebane, NC2017, június 19.
Typical day at goodwill was me taking donations from those in the community. I had to price the items that were going to be sold to customers. The items that were not going to be sold, had to be placed neatly in bins to be taken elsewhere. I also took the items that were being sold out on the sales floor for customers to purchase
flexible schedule, good hours
Kontra érvek
waiting on others before you can leave, changing managers

Átfogó minősítés