Goodwill Industries-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Attendant

558 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 13 683 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good Pace. Not boring. Physical Activity I like.
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2018, május 26.
I love my job. It is my life behind my family. I really like my coworkers.
The company is good. It helps the community by, giving opportunities for those who accept and commit to it. It is a hand up not, a hand out company. Which is also good.
Flexiable schedules.
Kontra érvek
Difficult shift changes during the week sometimes.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Management is inconsistent
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Peoria, AZ2018, május 22.
Management is inconsistent and doesn't listen to employes complaints. Management cares to much about product numbers that the store is a disaster. Not hiring enoug employees. Not making a consistent schedule.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Nice place to work.
Donations Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Altoona, PA2018, május 18.
Very interesting work , working with the general public accepting donations and working with handicapped people was very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was loading the trucks for shipment to other stores.
Relaxed work place
Not enough hours
would not recommend
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ellensburg, WA2018, május 17.
there is little communication between management and workers. workers are not taken seriously. New managers are not fit to be in charge. i am grateful that they helped me start my career and 2 managers are good. but overall not efficiently ran and workers are not taken seriously. Co workers were also good
discounts i guess
pretty much everything else
Outlet's Suck
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington State2018, május 17.
Goodwill outlet's are just rough to be at
Not the way it's run but just the culture it creates in shoppers.
Hardest part of the job is always the customers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not the job, it's the people
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norman, OK2018, május 15.
The job is great: helping unload people's cars of things they no longer want, and putting it away in the store. Then, later in the day, placing the contents of the store into the delivery truck. No issues there.
It's when it gets down to supplies that the job becomes less fun. For a good week or two, there were no containers for my coworkers and I to put the donations into, which meant we had piles of clothes, toys, etc in the backroom. It took the better part of 2 days to "bag and tag" them, when we finally did get the supplies.
Overall, I'd most definitely work here again, especially if you get along well with the coworkers.
4 day work weeks
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job made you a hard worker
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kokomo, IN2018, május 14.
Management was very nice but they still made you work and work hard. The hardest part of my job was the amount of multitasking that the job had required. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the people at my store.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was the employee working at the DX and it stayed busy
COLLECTING ATTENDANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Davis, CA2018, május 11.
I had worked for the Davis Goodwill Donation Express for two years and within that two years I went through five different managers and they kept my hours right below full time so they wouldn't have to give me any kind of benefits. I had been trained to do my job a certain way but then new manager would come and change things or tell me I wasn't doing it correctly because they change things but failed to inform me of any changes.
Pro érvek
I enjoyed working there a lot because I liked the hours and type of work
Kontra érvek
poor management and miscommunication with employees
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Quick-paced but fun.
Donations Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tacoma, WA2018, május 9.
This was my very first job I ever had. I was able to work there thanks to a company called ResCare. My time at Goodwill made me nervous at first, but provided me with the confidence necessary to speak to customers on a daily basis, and work with others like a team. I would recommend working here if you're fine with being on your feet all day, and love talking to people.
Pro érvek
Music is played in the store, and most customers and employees are very nice.
Kontra érvek
Slightly stressful and fast-paced.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Great place to serve.
Trailer attendent (Volt alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2018, május 8.
Goodwill Industries is a company really attached to the community. The items at Goodwill come from the community and are sold to it. The proceeds help the community that invest those before mentioned things into it. I would say that it is for the people.
good pay
mandatory over time
Munkahelyi kultúra
a fun workplace to be in
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Webster, TX2018, május 7.
a quiet place to to get stuff done the hardest part was moving stuff in the stores the management was excellent the workplace was very fun I learned so many things at goodwill
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly and fast paced environment
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, május 4.
The quality of work is simple enough to gain a sense of pride in your accomplishments. Since every day is hardly the same other than in aspect its hard to feel bored of things and if that were so the job offers great incentive to keep things moving. Interest wise.
Pro érvek
Steady fixed schedules, benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy working with others and the physical work with it
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Coos Bay, OR2018, május 4.
Take in donations and sort the donations. I learn how Goodwill processes the donations, pricing, display items on sales floor. Management was easy to work with, but asking to someone to do too much. Little stressful at times, but otherwise it was fun.
Pro érvek
benefits, flexible with days off
Stress from some customers
A nice retail store
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield Massachusetts2018, április 30.
Goodwill was a very nice place to work at but it was temporary I like the people that comes in with the donations and the coworkers they were real nice the job was flexible and easy to do
Store discount
No healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment, cooperation needed
Store Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2018, április 28.
On average working days were okay, never easy but some days were less difficult. Other days could be extremely taxing, causing soreness and emotional drain that could not be healed before the next working day. On a good day work is manageable, coworkers are friendly and present, and the rest of the store is keeping up. However on a bad day everything falls apart, and you cannot keep up with the demand for work. The biggest solution to this problem in my opinion would be to hire more workers, as if a single employee is missing, it can cause a collapse of the rest of the team.
Kontra érvek
Absence or slack from other employees can make work unbearable
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
not good will
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2018, április 23.
low pay, bad benefits, under staffed over worked. -Not a good place to work, unless you are lucky enough to get a GOOD manager, who hasn't been with the company too long, so they still have some compassion for the poor people just trying to feed their kids and hold your job over your head, and informing you DAILY that "there are people LINED UP for your job, if you can't cut it, we'll hire someone who CAN."
a job
Kontra érvek
Store managers so beat down, by Corporate Bigheads, "making budget", that they forget how to be human, OUTRAGEOUS quotas, price goals
It’s been a wild ride
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hendersonville, TN2018, április 19.
Doesn’t pay that much, but it pays for the job you do. Now I am just looking for a second job for extra income. So, it is ok you would be better off with something else. Or work hard make good impression you can move up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun to work
DONATION ATTENDANT (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, április 13.
Insures that receipt is offered to each donor, regardless of size of donation.
Safeguards company property including donated goods.
Maintains the placement of all merchandise and maintains the organization of the donation center.
Sort incoming donations based on general type of merchandise.
Manages the flow of merchandise within the donation center.
May perform marketing efforts for donation center, including but not limited to shaking banners street-side, and distributing flyers.
Actively check and manage e-mail.
Appropriately label all gaylords for correct merchandise type for storage, pick-up, and transport.
Clean restrooms, parking lot, donation area. Sweep and spot mop donation center floor.
Keeps supervisor informed of problems and makes appropriate recommendations.
Assists in loading or unloading of merchandise onto/off trucks or trailers as needed.
Create manifest for shipping and transport of outgoing gaylords including trucks and trailers.
Reports all non-employee and employee injuries in a timely fashion including calling injury hotline, incident reports, and notifying store manager.
Safe guards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft, pre-selection, misappropriation or unauthorized possession of company property. Understands that any donated merchandise whether saleable or not is the property of Goodwill Industries of Central Arizona and has no authorization to authorize giving it away for any reason.
Attend scheduled meetings and trainings.
Responsible for following and ensuring all safety rules are complied with
  több... and appropriate safety equipment is used. Ensures work areas are maintained in a clean, uncluttered, hazard free condition. Immediately takes action and/or reports any unsafe or potential hazards.
Other duties as assigned.
  kevesebb
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Slow & Low
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, április 12.
Generally it's a slow job, and when it's slow, it's pleasant. You can have nice, brief interactions with customers, and take care of things quickly. When nothing comes through, one can read (or write!) and mark the time until the next donation arrives. Sometimes it'll pick up, and when it does, things pile up and the job can become stressful. There's no means to tell what kind of day it'll be before you come in. 10 hour days.

Pay is low. From my experience, there's no raises, and no upward movement. A full-time employee won't make enough for rent, so I'd only recommend this to younger people who can still live at home, or bored people with a spouse/partner who already provides. I certainly DO NOT recommend this to anyone who needs enough money to live on.

If you're a depressive person this job gives you just enough time to think about how sad you are and how you wish you had more money and were doing more.

Management was aloof and uninvolved for most of my tenure, but this is changing. The new manager actually takes their job seriously, and it's appreciated.
Decent life/work balance, Paid holidays, Usually relaxed
Low pay, No promotions, No raises
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
very stressful and cut throat managers
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chico, CA2018, április 11.
1. during a day I would organize and clean and log info. into a book and sort and put stuff in its right place.
2. goodwill was a very boring job because 90%of the time you were suppose to sit and wait and 10% of the time you did actual work.
3.my supervisors were mean and didn't like me and gave me bad shifts.
4. I was alone for every shift and when you met with people it was stressful and you had to be very productive.
5. my job was very difficult because management didn't like me.
6. there was nothing enjoyable about the job.
money from work
everything
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Goodwill Industries? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van