Goodwill Industries-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Attendant

518 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 12 850 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to work at but no potnetial benefits or growth
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, TX2018, február 2.
Goodwill was an alright place was some interesting people that you could meet everyday. Management at goodwill could lead to either good or bad day depending on the manger that you had to open or close with. But otherwise goodwill is an okay place to work at just dont expect to have any major benefits or potential job growth or increase in pay.
Flexible Hours, Good Management Somtimes, Friendly Employees
Kontra érvek
No room for growth, No pay increase, Management was disfunctional.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
good place for part time
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, február 1.
The scheduling wasn't the best because I was on call. the pay wasn't worth the work I was doing in the donation centers. I did like that they had a 401k offer !!!
short breaks No lunch for shift less than 6 hrs
customer servise
Donation attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2018, január 31.
I 'd like to work with the team, and serve for all the donators and customers. I worked at Goodwill for 1.5 years.
All the team members respected each other and helped each other.
we got improvement there.
Work at a thrift store
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Cheyenne, WY2018, január 29.
Goodwill is a thriftstore that tries to operate as cheaply as possible While my manager is great, many times her hands are tied by others, above her in regards to pay or hours. The store has more assistant managers than are nessacary, and are always tripping up each other. The atmosphere runs from slow/relaxed, to borderline meltdown. Turn over is high, mainly do to the low hours and low pay , no one really stays for very long. The job really is not that hard or difficult, just a job. I do enjoy the people I work with though.
Pro érvek
Nice people to work with
Chaotic enviroment, no advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
One of the best jobs I worked
Donations Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Springfield, IL2018, január 26.
Goodwill is a company I joined with help from a job placement program, I was taught interview skills and ways to set up applications, it was a good job with everything fairly decent. I didn't understand my work ethic back then and I do regret losing the job there.
Understanding Staff, Excellent Coworkers
Lazy Workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Secure jobs if you stick around
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2018, január 23.
(Depending on your job) Pretty busy work place, constantly on the move. It's a good company to work for as long as you're good at what you do and you do your job/don't call out.
Pro érvek
Nice people slightly flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
Not the greatest management, pay sucks, job gets old
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work fast paced
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2018, január 23.
Your day is always fast pace.I learned to deal more with customers(people skills)Good managment.Donations attendants do too much work for the small pay.
Good discounts
Short staff
Face Paced
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Newport News, VA2018, január 23.
Busy Work Day
No Advancement
Associate Degree in Management
Working with the public
Lifting 50 Pounds
Greeting and assisting new people
Keeping the workplace clean
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard physical work, but fun to work outside and see cool donations
Donations Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lafayette, CO2018, január 21.
Working here was stressful at times, but was fun at times as well. Being a donation attendant here means you get to be outside for the most part. The only exception is when it is raining or snowing really bad.

The worst part of the job was the occasional rude customer. We had some that would get mad when we couldn't accept certain items and didn't understand that we were just following the company's rules. We also had some that were rude when there were only one of us working, and they seemed to think we should be able to help them as well as 15 other cars at the same time.

The job also requires a lot of heavy lifting. Most of the time, especially during the morning shift, you are left working alone. It was sometimes difficult having to lift lots of heavy things without help. It was also hard to be out there alone because we sometimes had to make trash compactor runs when the trash bin was full. However, when you are outside alone, you're not allowed to leave the donation area in case customers show up. So the trash bin would overflow sometimes, and then I would get yelled at by the managers about it, while at the same time, I wasn't allowed to empty it out.

It was sometimes overwhelming working alone because sometimes 5-10 customers would show up at the same time, and it is hard for one person to try to help that many people.

The best part of the job was seeing all of the neat items that people would donate. Some of the things were very beautiful and unique. It was also fun getting to work outside, as compared to being stuck inside all day. Although, every now
  több... and then, if they were shorthanded inside, they would ask one of the donation attendants for help. That could mean you are either helping run the registers, stock items on the shelves, helping price items in the back, or putting clothes on the shelves.

Another bad part about working here was how often the rules would change. The rules for the donation attendants would change almost every day, yet management would not communicate it to us. Instead, they would catch us not following the new rules and yell at us about it. Also, one manager would tell us one thing and the other manager would tell us another thing. So we had to make a decision about which manager to follow. When we would follow one's rules, we would get yelled at by the other.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Working outside, getting to see neat items, discount when shopping
Kontra érvek
Working alone, heavy lifting, rude management, rude customers sometimes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
A laid back job with semi-busy locations
ADC Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2018, január 19.
A typical day at work will either begin in a DONATION Center or a Donation truck drop off site. Each day is 10 hours. You will spend your day assisting donors with their donations and packing the truck.
Hard goods and heavy items are packed low to the floor. While clothing, and soft goods are packed in bags on top of the hard goods up to the ceiling. There are 3 breaks. Two ten minute breaks, one break in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
hardwork and fun
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Federal Way, WA2018, január 17.
i would take or decline donations. write receipts for taxes, load and unload trucks, help customers load purchases, stack and wrap old electronics for recycling.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 3Jelentés
Goodwill
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lakewood, CO2018, január 17.
I was a donation attendant for goodwill and it was very physical for me do to the fact that I would lift heavy objects over and over on my shifts. The management wasn't the best either.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Goodwill is a place I'd recommend
Store Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Huron, MI2018, január 17.
Goodwill is a good place to work, especially for the disabled. They help folks with disabilities find a stable job with a fair and stable pay. The managers are generally friendly and not hard to work with.
Half hour lunch, two 10 minute breaks guaranteed, fair pay for fair labor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 3Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
ADC Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hixson, TN2018, január 15.
i don't mind working hard i just want to get paid for it, and they will not pay us what we deserve lifting furniture, carreing in heavy donations fast pace,loading and unloading trucks and only making 7.50 a hour, we should get more and yearly raises but no
Pro érvek
sometimes we would get free lunches
rude costomers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Making sure the work area is always safe is my everyday work day. Providing material of all my donatins center. Payroll data entry every Monday for
Donation Attendant Lead (Volt alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2018, január 13.
Making sure the work area was always safe. Providing my employees with all informative information on safety. Providing them with all the material they needed to do there jobs. imputing payroll into ultipro every Monday.
Pro érvek
we always had a once a year cookout
Kontra érvek
donations centers was to far apart.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Flexible with schedule
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Richmond, VA2018, január 10.
they were flexible with my schedule while i was going to college. they also paid tuition reimbursement, but that was a pain to get them to do. i would recommend overall
lots of donations
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sheboygan, WI2018, január 9.
It was a good thrift shopping experience to see how they organized everything and how much people actually donated. Goodwill does have some good values and does do a good cause.
discounts
short on workers
Low wages low hours
Collection Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, január 9.
Work environment is good. Low hours and wages. Had to travel far away from home. Very fast paced. Customer service was good. Organize donations and write customer zip codes.
Wouldn't recommend
Donation Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Avon, IN2018, január 7.
I was a donation attendant working in the back of the store. I really didn't know what to expect out of each day. This job didn't teach me anything but it kept me in shape. I had to move product that has been either donated or dropped off from the truck. If items were in bad condition it was to be either thrown away or put onto the trailer to shipped somewhere else. Not much diversity was in my work area as far as that goes. The job was real hard at moments. The store I worked at was real low on employees mostly in the back. That means I was either by myself tacking care of the whole back part of the store or the help wasn't really help. And back door employees always come and go. It became real frustrating on first Saturday sales, the back of the store will get so packed up with product to the point that moving around becomes a safety hazard. Nothing was enjoyable about this job. The people donating most of the time come across as rude and stuck up. Worst part is they are either donating something we cannot take, some old moldy piece of furniture or any item, and some race case you may actually may have some people donate their literal trash. As for the heavy items, if there is no one else there well tough luck you gotta take care of it on your own. This alone was made me quit due to multiple injuries. Whats worse is the pay is not worth it even if you are full-time.

I'm sure not all Goodwill stores are not like this but this is just my experience.
Cannot find any
Kontra érvek
Low pay, poor safety, poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Quick paced
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Peoria, AZ2018, január 3.
Not for everyone but the people are friendly and it's a pay check. You will have to work hard they don't promote just anyone and you have to be quick.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Goodwill Industries? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van