Goodwill Industries Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 14 509 értékelés megmutatása
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
productive place to work
Collection Attendant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2018, december 10.
I worked there for 3 years. There is not a chance to work your way up to a higher position. Managers are not professional, they take on more than they can handle. Managers and Supervisors play favorites. It is a good place to work if you need a job for entry level.
To gain Experience
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would not recommend it to work
Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Cruces, NM2018, december 10.
While I was employed by this place I enjoyed the staff it was the way the company handle situations the hr department was very unprofessional if it was not for the staff I would have never stayed with the company.
The job was demanding.
Assistant Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, december 10.
A typical day at work included opening and closing a store, taking in donations, manning a register, and writing reports. i enjoyed the pace of the work, and the hours (sometimes 12 a day) seemed to go by very quickly. I learned to be kind to customers, regardless of their disposition while donating or shopping. I also learned to be patient with myself in doing all the administrative duties, and communicating with my superiors. Management was patient with me, helped me adjust to the various tasks that I had to perform, registers, collecting donations, or writing reports. The workplace culture was that of teamwork and productivity. We held our own and always came out in the black. The hardest part of the job was switching between tasks and getting a proficient run at each task, like helping with taking in donations, and running a register to give the cashier a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team and how we pulled together to be productive in sales and good appearance.
Teamwork
Long hours.
Decent Place to Work
Retail Store Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richmond, KY2018, december 10.
Not a bad place to work, especially if you have a less than perfect background, as Goodwill is an employer that hires those who are disabled and have other disadvantages such as a poor background.
Fast pace
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Matthews, NC2018, december 10.
You have to be fast and think quickly because you are hanging clothes all day and have to get them done in a timely manner all while ringing customers up
Pro érvek
If you meet sales, you usually get a treat
Other employees are rude
Decent entry level job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Donation (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hartville, OH2018, december 10.
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the management at my level were great. The upper management didn't seem to care if you succeeded or failed. I felt like a number to them which may be the reason there is such a high turn over rate at the entry level, the raises are very minimal. It would be hard to live on your own or raise a family on this kinda of pay. but overall it was a good experience.
I am proud of myself
Goodwill (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Santa Ana, CA2018, december 10.
There aren't enough words in my brain to explain how grateful I am to be part of Goodwill. I met a lot of amazing people through Goodwill. People with all kinds of backgrounds and difficulties. I learned from them and they have inspired me. I am also proud of myself for being a direct influence too them. I believe that I have shaped many as they have done the same to me.
Just no
Customer Service Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hermitage, PA2018, december 10.
I was very quickly promoted to csm only to find out I only made 5 cents an hour more to be a manager. Because they are a non profit they dont ever have to give you raises, and trust me they don't. They are the most schiesty company i have ever worked for, they get all this stuff for free and want you to charge out the wazoo. I priced housewares. I had to dig though broken glass and mouse carp to price stuff. They locked the dumpster so no one could get anything they were throwing out. I really needed money at the time so when a donation attendant quit I offered to fill in to get some more hours, most of which would be overtime. I'm a woman and everyone in the donation center were guys because you had to run a forklift and it was dirty and very physically challenging. So I passed my lift certification and was allowed to work back there but the store manager made me use one time card for the front of the store and a separate one for the doantion center and did my payroll in 2 separate checks so I wouldnt get paid any over time.some weeks i worked 70 hours!
Cool stuff comes through
Kontra érvek
Shady company. Terrible pay.
Nepotism, Mismanagement, Negative Culture San Diego Goodwill
employee (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, december 9.
Currently an employee of San Diego Goodwill Industries. I cannot say what location or what my position is for fear of retribution against me.

But let's be clear, look elsewhere to work.

Management lacks any real knowledge or experience. They don't follow policy but expect the employees to follow policy to the letter.

A manager at one location, who has some serious clout with the upper ranks was allowed to hire one of his friends to be a supervisor. Hence you get an idea of the culture.

If you have any serious breakdown, mentally or physically from the constant bombardment of stress, you will need to provide proof from your doctor to have restrictions.

The business model they follow is medieval and outdated, but they believe in it as it allows them to exert power over the underlings.

If the managers say they are doing their jobs for the "mission" or believe in the "mission", consider holding back your faith in them.

The "mission" of giving people jobs is but a ploy to bulk up their ranks with minimum wage earners to crank out that profit margin.

They encourage all employees to report anything on anyone, posters on the walls encourage this culture, you may surprisingly become a target for whatever reason they deem.
hard to come by
too many to list
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest you'll ever work for the least amount of money
Donor Agent University Park Good Will Manasota (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  University Park, FL2018, december 9.
Good transitional job for the person that is job shopping yet requires a steady income to budget life's essentials. It is a very hands on laborious job, that is dominated by inexperienced supervision.
Fills the weekly calendar
Kontra érvek
Hands on labor with very little to no recognition
Work
Lead Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2018, december 9.
I was happy with Goodwill. Just needed set hours for my family. The management team was very nice and helpful. Goodwill does a great job with promoting from within.
friendly environment
no set schedule
Simple but competative
Production Processor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mesa, AZ2018, december 8.
You have a quota to reach everyday, week and month. An eye for detail, ability to work quickly and accurately. Management were pretty well put together with the right amount of friendliness evened out with the strictness. The most difficult part of this job would probably making quota when there weren't many donations. I overall enjoyed the environment of this job and the consistency
Pro érvek
incentives for goals made, points system, and celebratory lunches
Kontra érvek
not everybody shows back up for work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good learning experience and test of my skills
Donation Attendant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ottawa, IL2018, december 7.
Working at goodwill has been a fairly decent job, the only place lacking for me would be their pay. The management was a little lacking in some areas, but overall it was a positive experience.
Paid lunches
Low pay
My experience
Organizational worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Soledad, CA2018, december 7.
I really liked the other employees& manners at Goodwill. Also, the evoke focus of placing jobs in the community. Everyone works together to help each other throughout the work day. Àlso very customer orientated.
Internships
Not with job openings
Excellent Place to Work
Assistant Manager I (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Council Street, Cedar Rapids ,IA 524022018, december 7.
I think the mission of Goodwill is like no other company. The company believes in helping anyone that has a barrier and goes at length to do just that. I have observed them strive to complete this mission through community, individual store, and personal efforts to assist those in need of help.
In a typical day you will meet clients and customers integrated together. Unfortunately you might not see the integrity of those that shop the stores, but you will always see the mission in those that work there. The management is kind and work long hours. They quickly move throughout the store to keep the workplace culture upbeat, and the store neat and organized. At the end of the day you will be exhausted, but it will be nothing compared to the smile that will light your face when you see someone employed who has a barrier and is earning a good wage after receiving support from Goodwill services.
See Your Work In Motion
Take the Good with a Little Bad
N/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shreveport, LA2018, december 7.
I really don't have much to say but management is very poor at the location I was at an other than that I loved working there and making my customers happy
Favorite
Cashier (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2018, december 7.
This was definitely on my top two for returning to work here. I had set hours. The employees and management were always kind. There was never a bad day here.
Days would be difficult
Warehouse Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Centennial, CO2018, december 7.
On a typical day at work we would have an influx of customers that we could interact with. I learned to be efficient in the work place as we had to constantly sort through wares and move on to the next.
Management was not up to par, big lack of direction from management. The workplace was fair, some days employees would horse around, some days they would get work done. The hardest part of the job was the amount of weight that we had to carry, very tedious and straining position. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees, they were very nice to me when on the job.
Long lunch
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management is terrible.
Rancho Cordova - Clerk Processor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rancho Cordova, CA2018, december 7.
This is a fun job, and I enjoyed my Co-workers, but the management team and the expectations will kill your spirit and make it a very unpleasant place to work. The management is very hypocritical and their methods of getting things done are highly unethical. The quotas they have in order are unreasonable. You over-work yourself on a daily basis and it is never acknowledged nor is it appreciated. There is no team work when it comes to Goodwill, and I don’t want to be a part of that.
Co-workers
Management, benefits, low pay
work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2018, december 7.
it a good place to work but need to get people more hours my exprience It was ok but I didn't get more hour and I didn't get move up I wanted to get move up but I didn't
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Goodwill Industries? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van