Gilead Sciences

3,4Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 514 értékelés megmutatása

Great Pay and benefits and unique drugs

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The pay is great as well as the benefits and there is work life balance. It is a strong selling environment and the National meetings definitely get the fires burning.

Pay and benefits

Kontra érvek

quotas are based on quarter from prior 4-6 months. Oct-Dec based on prior Apr-June

Productive and fun workplace

I was a contract lab technician who worked there for 3 months and it was a wonderful experience. The work culture is relaxed and the employees are great to work with. I personally wished that I had more work to do, but other than that I was happy being there.

Pro érvek

Pay, free lunches at times

Great place to work,

Great company still going through a lot of change, too much employee turnover, large pharma mindset and culture starting to creep in. No longer has the small biotech feel it once had.

Great people

Fun place to work; great pay and great people; I love working in the hospital setting. I love my boss she is great. I love selling the science. It is a very ethical com[any with great products

Great pay

Not great access

Terrible Toxic Place

Work here if you like having anxiety and working for terrible management. Bosses only care about climbing the corporate ladder, coworkers seem to gossip more than work.

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Success and longevity factors required for your job at Gilead

On must be totally obedient, compliant, and do all you can to make your boss/manager look good. Don't get upset but instead even offer to let him or her take all the credit for your accomplishments. Never disagree with him or her in front of others. Never go to the HR to complain about him or her. It could be career arresting if not ending. The only safe time and venue to raise it if you have an issue with your boss or manager is at the company culture required and mandated weekly one on one and face to face meeting. But quickly drop the subject if he or she becomes uncomfortable discussing or denies the existence of your perceived issue. Your annual raise, bonus, and stock option are mostly dependent on how successfully you please him or her and have very little to do with your actual job performance. Liking him or her is much more important than trusting or respecting him or her. Majority of bosses and managers are pretty much autocratic dictators. Promotion is again totally dependent on how much and how often have you pleased him or her and how often you made him or her look good.

Pro érvek

Good benefits, frequent happy hour sessions, decent company subsidized cafeteria for lunch

Kontra érvek

Happy boss first/foremost and nothing else really matterss

Gilead

Great company incredible products clear mission Values based organization where you feel valued and appreciated. People are really dedicated to their work and offers a respectful open and inclusive environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and good teams to work with but..

Management needs to be more engaged and understand on what they are demanding .They expect us to do our job quick without having mistakes and as well all know if you move fast mistakes happen.I wish they can act on some of their company rules GO SLOW TO GO FAST !also I wish Gilead can do a better job on having better contracts with contractors and help them get their foot in the door .Also I wish management can touch bases with there team and come together .Lately it feels like they just talk only to the ones they care for most .

Pro érvek

Good people, cafeteria, company events

Kontra érvek

Favoritism, nepotism, rushing us to make mistakes

Politics and endless bureaucracy

This is a very toxic workplace. It’s impossible to do anything without needless layers of approvals . For such a new building, it is very poorly built and many areas are woefully outdated. They also have worked employees to the bone during the pandemic and have forced us into many unsafe conditions for profit. Run far away from this place!

Horrible backstabbing toxic environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for

Great pay, shift bonus, vacation allowance, pay is fantastic, good health insurance plan etc. Overall good culture and atmosphere in the workplace.

Decent compensation; Poor management

Average work week for an event planner is 45-50 hours a week. Working within the Commercial Operations, there is no advancement opportunities, unless you consider a completely different role in another department. Other departments within CO outpace promoting at a rate of every 18-24 months. If you are hired as a Sr. Event Planner, your best chance for movement into management is outside of the company.

Pro érvek

Bagel Wednesday, Winter and Summer shutdown.

Kontra érvek

Poor management, long hours.

Work Life

It's an okay environment, somewhat friendly, just Make sure you have the SOP everywhere you go and work slowly as possible to avoid mistakes. All the mistakes are counted.

Pay is great, you have 3-5 day weekends constantly, cafeteria is amazing

Kontra érvek

Hard to get hired, management has favorites, if you work for soxedo you don't have great benefits
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very clean office, spotless everywhere

Work life balance was great. Appropriate time was giving on assigned tasks. Most of the work assigned were also involving little researching too, so its understandable that the time line was flexible.Our manager was great, and provide adequate time to get high quality work done.Can't say enough good thing about Gilead Sciences. One of the best companies i've worked my entire life.They do have lots of contractors. Unfortunately, my position was not regular full-time, but as a consultant, so not entirely guaranteed.

N/A as a consultant

Kontra érvek

cafeteria is a little walk away, few blocks away from my office.

Good company

I worked with gilead for one year it was nice company all depends on your managers. I was in finance department wish was nice team. I did not feel much pressure though
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Company is improving their I&D goals

I&D goals are being implemented into performance and corporate goals. Gilead has come through as a partner to all employees during COVID-19. Benefits have been stellar.

Pro érvek

Great benefits and products for the future

Productive workplace

Amazing leadership and management at Gilead. When I asked for help, I did not feel as if I was judged or misinformed. Always received a straight answer from the higher ups.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great benefits; horrible culture.

Gilead use to be a great place to work. Use to come to work excited to see my coworkers. Now they put so much fear into people that they are all backstabbing each other in fear of getting left behind. Benefits are really good and there are a handful of amazing people. Management style needs an update. Gossip is high. Poor work-life balance. No trust. You need to know what side your bread is buttered early on to be able to move up in your position. Its more like Hunger Games than Family Life. Hoping big changes are coming in 2021 or it may be time to move on to the next chapter.

Great benefits

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to work if you’re a FTE

Management needs work with communication. They work you to the bone but pay is good. Coworkers are nice, that’s what makes working there bearable. OT is always available

Coworkers, pay

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Listens to employees and makes changes as needed to work environment

Gilead is OPEN to hearing from all employees to make the best work- life BALANCE ESPECIALLY during Covid-19 with work from home opportunities when possible and/or adjusted laboratory hours if you must work on location. Employees often get free lunches. Colorful seasonal theme celebrations are given i.e. in auditoriums or parking lot BBQs or free food trucks and free drinks after work plus Friday all you can eat free buffet gatherings for certain locations. They also have FREE shuttle buses for permanent employees and discounted shuttle service for contractors.

Pro érvek

Free shuttle busses, and WORK FROM HOME made easier with company supplied computers and/or shift changes in the labs

Kontra érvek

they regularly hire temp contract workers over permanent.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Used to be a great place to work

Work-life balanceYou are expected to be “on” all the time. You work during vacations.Pay & benefitsBenefits and pay are good.Job security and advancementYou are promoted if you have an “in”. Otherwise, you will stay stagnant.ManagementCEO’s focus is not where it should be. In 2 1/2yrs he has done nothing for the stock price and has fired/forced out those who made the company what it was. It is no longer about the patients and is in worse condition than before he arrived.CulturePeople are nice to your face, but will stab you in the back before you can turn around. The culture is set up to be competitive instead of cohesive.OverallGilead used to be a great and rewarding place to work. You wanted to go to work, your coworkers were family. Unfortunately, that atmosphere no longer exists. Many who are there are miserable and are either forced to join the competitive environment or risk being forced out. The focus is no longer the patients are first and it is destroying the company and putting the patients who rely on their drugs at risk.

Not Great

Lots of changes. Inflated titles. Sr Managers, Associate Directors and above who play politics. Little accountability and quick to point fingers and blame others.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Gilead Sciences? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés