Gilead Sciences

3,4Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 514 értékelés megmutatása

Great Pay and benefits and unique drugs

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The pay is great as well as the benefits and there is work life balance. It is a strong selling environment and the National meetings definitely get the fires burning.

Pay and benefits

Kontra érvek

quotas are based on quarter from prior 4-6 months. Oct-Dec based on prior Apr-June
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun yet not so visa-sponsorship friendly

The company put in a lot of money on interns of the 2022 cohort. The overall internship was really fruitful and fun. However, after things went down at the end of 2022, very very few international students got return offers, and the hire for interns for 2023 restricted to only those with green card or US citizenship.

Competitive and family favoritism

It’s a better pharmaceutical but everyone who comes in is always somehow tied with the managers. It has more of a work life balance so that’s good but that’s it

Smart work

They are multinational company and knowing how to manage there pepole amazing place and awesome environment The loyalty for the employees Every thing is available internal the business side can discuss abou any thing with our high leader

Pro érvek

Which you need are available

Kontra érvek

You must take abreak to can raedy again for business
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good working environment and a lot of new things to learn

As the company is adding new production line, there are many new technologies are bringing into the company. So this is a great place to learn.Everyone in the company is nice and friendly.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Good company if you are on site

They are an on site company. Remote employees are contractors and there is no chance of FT. Your future depends on your manager. Complex tedious processes that do not align with the company growth.Late day calls and meetings.

Pro érvek

Work life balance, good pay

Kontra érvek

Training is not up to par with other companies I've worked for, Complex outdated processes make completing a task tedious and repetitive.

Really good benefits

All my relocation expense was paid for including flight tickets and a 4D3N house-search trip. The company also pays for 2 months of housing and a miscellaneous allowance. $15k for annual 401k match as of 2022 whether you work the full year or not. Sign-on bonus, rent subsidy for 2 years, RSUs and ESPP are included in the package. As long as you are hired before Sep, you are eligible for year end bonus, stock refresh and merit increases.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?People are very friendly.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Fortunately I haven't had one yet.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very open and honest.

Disaster Management

Management is a disaster. Avoid the San Dimas/LaVerne location at all costs. You are either in the clique or on the outside, there is no in between.

Very laid back

Not enough assignments, day can be boring and stressfull. Management doesnt care if you are lazy and want to sleep and do nothing. Data is always corrupt.

Excellent place to work

Great co-workers, amazing benefits, feel like I’m making a difference. My boss cares about my growth and development within the company, and I feel appreciated.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Although having best in class marketing, Gilead has a toxic culture that emphasizes politicking & one’s “perception” over actually performance.

The marketing materials, other supportive resources & continuing education are best in class at Gilead. Also, Gilead products are also best in class with excellent scientific data supporting widespread use. However, the company is very bureaucratic & micromanages all sales activities to the extreme. Middle managers are generally not good at Gilead. Annual reviews emphasize employees “perception” over performance & although the company says the incentive plan is not capped, there is definitely limitations implemented into the plan minimizing what one can actually make.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Probably similar to other pharma in terms of working environment

I have been at Gilead for a year now. I have meetings with my project leads 1 to 2x a week. I spend 3x a week working from home for my actual coding (my role is analyst). My coworkers and leads are friendly and accommodating. I also took in-house training of other programming languages as well as other company-paid workshops and conferences, learning new analytic concepts. However, since I am on the East coast and the company is in CA. I have to start my day in sync with Pacific time, meeting sometimes at dinner time.

Pay, time-off

late meetings

Great Company

Great company that really takes care of you with awesome colleagues. Benefits are the best I have come across so far. No complaints as of yet and looking forward to my new role.

good company

It was great to work with so many smart people who are passionate about developing therapeutics against life-threatening diseases. The overall benefit is good.

benefit

Kontra érvek

work-life balance is not great

Just don't.

Was excited about this role, and was disappointed in so many ways. There were many things that went on that were just shocking in relation to keeping employees safe during COVID-19.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to work but lacking onsite

Great people but so flexible there is next to nobody in the offices. Great if you like remote working but if you enjoy working with others and a social environment then this lacks. Good salary and benefits, collaborative working.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Best, worst place to work for

Product manufactured there has been dominant on the commercial market for over 30 years. It helps treat some rare disease. With that said. The process and the equipment seem to be over 30 years old, as well. Equipment breaks constantly and can’t be repaired; can only have temporary crutch used to complete production. And, equipment is rarely replaced. Staining and rusting is visible on many pieces of equipment. And, working there is like working for the mafia. Unless you have the right connections, or conform to their overbearing workload and schedule, you aren’t getting promoted. You’re not allowed to transfer to another department. They say it’s because you’re too valuable to the team. But, in reality, the team is just stretched so thin that they can’t afford to loose you. You, who’s putting in all the time and effort, can’t be expendable. But, you can’t get a raise or a promotion.

A lot of Overtime.

Kontra érvek

Favoritism in Leads and Managers; friends promoting only other friends.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Tumultuous but heading in the right direction.

Past couple years it's been a constant change. The environment is certainly improving since obtaining new management but still more work to be done. Regardless, best advice is stay engaged and willing to learn. Otherwise you'll fall to the wayside. Lots of opportunities as long as you continue to pursue and stay open minded.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great for full time employees okay for contractors

I enjoyed the project and management culture. For a large company, it was caring with the infrastructure of a large company. Compares the benefits to large tech companies in the area.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work with some memorable work events

Worked in different departments at Gilead and gained great experience getting to know the heads, their staff, and building relationships. Compensation slightly lower than other biotech companies.

Pro érvek

Large campus, onsite Cafes, all hands events

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Gilead Sciences? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,3/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Gilead Sciences
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?