Gilead Sciences

3,3Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 505 értékelés megmutatása

Great Pay and benefits and unique drugs

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
The pay is great as well as the benefits and there is work life balance. It is a strong selling environment and the National meetings definitely get the fires burning.

Pay and benefits

Kontra érvek

quotas are based on quarter from prior 4-6 months. Oct-Dec based on prior Apr-June

Excellent place to work

Great co-workers, amazing benefits, feel like I’m making a difference. My boss cares about my growth and development within the company, and I feel appreciated.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Although having best in class marketing, Gilead has a toxic culture that emphasizes politicking & one’s “perception” over actually performance.

The marketing materials, other supportive resources & continuing education are best in class at Gilead. Also, Gilead products are also best in class with excellent scientific data supporting widespread use. However, the company is very bureaucratic & micromanages all sales activities to the extreme. Middle managers are generally not good at Gilead. Annual reviews emphasize employees “perception” over performance & although the company says the incentive plan is not capped, there is definitely limitations implemented into the plan minimizing what one can actually make.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Probably similar to other pharma in terms of working environment

I have been at Gilead for a year now. I have meetings with my project leads 1 to 2x a week. I spend 3x a week working from home for my actual coding (my role is analyst). My coworkers and leads are friendly and accommodating. I also took in-house training of other programming languages as well as other company-paid workshops and conferences, learning new analytic concepts. However, since I am on the East coast and the company is in CA. I have to start my day in sync with Pacific time, meeting sometimes at dinner time.

Pay, time-off

late meetings

Great Company

Great company that really takes care of you with awesome colleagues. Benefits are the best I have come across so far. No complaints as of yet and looking forward to my new role.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

good company

It was great to work with so many smart people who are passionate about developing therapeutics against life-threatening diseases. The overall benefit is good.

benefit

Kontra érvek

work-life balance is not great

Just don't.

Was excited about this role, and was disappointed in so many ways. There were many things that went on that were just shocking in relation to keeping employees safe during COVID-19.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to work but lacking onsite

Great people but so flexible there is next to nobody in the offices. Great if you like remote working but if you enjoy working with others and a social environment then this lacks. Good salary and benefits, collaborative working.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Best, worst place to work for

Product manufactured there has been dominant on the commercial market for over 30 years. It helps treat some rare disease. With that said. The process and the equipment seem to be over 30 years old, as well. Equipment breaks constantly and can’t be repaired; can only have temporary crutch used to complete production. And, equipment is rarely replaced. Staining and rusting is visible on many pieces of equipment. And, working there is like working for the mafia. Unless you have the right connections, or conform to their overbearing workload and schedule, you aren’t getting promoted. You’re not allowed to transfer to another department. They say it’s because you’re too valuable to the team. But, in reality, the team is just stretched so thin that they can’t afford to loose you. You, who’s putting in all the time and effort, can’t be expendable. But, you can’t get a raise or a promotion.

A lot of Overtime.

Kontra érvek

Favoritism in Leads and Managers; friends promoting only other friends.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Tumultuous but heading in the right direction.

Past couple years it's been a constant change. The environment is certainly improving since obtaining new management but still more work to be done. Regardless, best advice is stay engaged and willing to learn. Otherwise you'll fall to the wayside. Lots of opportunities as long as you continue to pursue and stay open minded.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great for full time employees okay for contractors

I enjoyed the project and management culture. For a large company, it was caring with the infrastructure of a large company. Compares the benefits to large tech companies in the area.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work with some memorable work events

Worked in different departments at Gilead and gained great experience getting to know the heads, their staff, and building relationships. Compensation slightly lower than other biotech companies.

Pro érvek

Large campus, onsite Cafes, all hands events

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management in Raleigh needs a lot of work!

The pay/benefits are good. They say a lot to get you in the door. You’re told 2 days per week in office, you get there and you have to go in whenever they decide and it could be a last minute decision. Apparently comp time only applies when they want it to. Example: working 14-16 hrs per day and you have a family emergency and need to take time off and you’re made to take PTO. No work/life balance and the turnover is high in Raleigh.

They are beyond woke.

If you are conservative, you may want to work elsewhere. They made me feel very uncomfortable when they found out that I was conservative. I did not feel safe!!!!!!!!!

Kontra érvek

How much space do I have to write?

Gilead helps people

Fantastic place to be an in house lawyer. Opportunity to gain lots of experience and work with skilled professionals. People throughout company care about patients. IT and computer support can be frustrating at times. The VP of IP is kind, supportive, and has helped me grow in my career. Colleagues are wonderful and help get things done. I feel like I make a difference working at Gilead. My management line has been super and the flexibility has helped me balance family and work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great acquisitions and great product but inefficiency

Working for a company that owns successful products in their portfolio is really exciting. However, the fast growth and too much money to be invest into whatever didn’t allow the development of a lean and efficient organisation. This is very frustrating.

Health center, food, benefits

Kontra érvek

Inefficiency, talented people not always recognised
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?My decision to work at Gilead has been one of the best choices I've ever made. I'm consistently encouraged to believe in myself, I'm supported by my peers and colleagues which has allowed me to flourish in the role I was hired to do and to advance both professionally, and personally. I'm proud to work with such a great team of people and always proudly spread the wealth I've gained to my peers by encouraging them to be their authentic selves and advance themselves in the same manner. Gilead as a whole is a great company to work with, huge campus, fantastic amenities, competitive wages/benefits, always improving and striving towards being a great place for its employees. Not to mention Gilead's impact on helping our World to heal by its continued research and development of antiviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, influenza, and COVID-19. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?In my honest opinion, there are always stresses around us but the way one chooses to handle stress is the catalyst of the end result.

Excellent place to work

Supportive work environment. People care about each other. Flexible work hours. Free food trucks on Tuesday and Thursdays. Excellent benefits. Campus has new fitness center and park.

仕事ガツガツ

グローバルを含めて、皆ガツガツ仕事していて、残業も多く、休みもあまり取りません。休みをとっても会議に出たりしています。仕事大好きな人には良い職場でしょう。高報酬にも関わらず定着率が悪いようなので、合わない人も多いようです。

RSUを含めた高報酬

組織として一体感がない

Horrible place to work

Month end was a fiasco of unorganised chaos....every month. Expected to work every public holiday & a definite 2 tier system in operation here, a real "them & us" culture. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk. Very boring & repetitive work with not much scope for onward progression.

Working public holidays & the 2 tier system

Expect the best

Everyone has taught me so much. Management is GREAT. The research is interesting. Everyone is truly helpful. I couldn’t be more happier to finally work for a company that values me

Best management, smart co-workers

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Gilead Sciences? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés