Genentech

Értékelések kategória szerint

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
21 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelőenMind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megtekintése

Great place to learn

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Very busy company, often too much work, much was expected on a daily basis. However, I generally did not have to work on weekends, but sometimes experiments ran into the night.

Pro érvek

Great food, easy parking, wonderful amenities

Work life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Work really depends on what group you are in

During this pandemic, people who work at work get treated differently from those who work at home. People who work at work slaved through the pandemic and they don't get any appreciation, meanwhile those who work from home can get promoted. This has caused many disgruntled employees and HR doesn't help. The workplace really depends on who you work with, and if you work with toxic people, good luck on getting help from HR.

Free food during Pandemic

Kontra érvek

HR doesn't help. Actually makes you feel like your the problem.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They treated us like an assembly line

The most horrible, most stressful place to work at. No life and wok balance. The work was overwhelming with no help or supervision. No job advancement. Would never work there again.

Pro érvek

Got a cupcake for my birthday

Kontra érvek

Super short breaks. No upward mobility.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Hard work not so much fun

Very busy days, research management needs to do a lot of training on building relationships with staff and taking care of employees. Minimal work-life balance.

Nice workplace

you can get free lunch at least twice a week and ping pong table is provided on the site, so you can have fun with your coworkers. everyone is nice and friendly

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Highly competitive and challenging place

Worked as a research associate in R&D from graduate level to industry on a small molecule drug design, synthesis, and development. Genentech gave me an insight into R&D, manufacturing, production and ability to team work, equipment performance, maintenance schedules, troubleshooting working under GMP and GLP procedures.

Pro érvek

Free shuttle services, lunch, seminars

Kontra érvek

contract position has low benefits

Great learning experience

Absolutely loved the culture and the work/life balance. I had the opportunity to learn a lot about molecular biology and genetics. Always looked forward to the routine work plus the extra mini projects for personal growth and advancement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Contract positions treated very differently

I do not recommend working as a contract position in this company since they treat contractors very different (benefits, concerts, or even lunch events you will not be included!).

Play favorites
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management are not doing their job

Hierarchy and pick favorites. If you're not one of the favorites for you to advance is close to none chance in many departments. This is something I find very disturbing

Pick favorites

great culture

Productive and fun workplace with many tools and resources helping employees succeed. A culture that values and fosters innovation. Qualified employees.

Before the buyout

My experience at Genentech is from before they were purchased by Roche, so things have changed. But back then biotech was the start-up industry and a business darling. Many of the innovations in workplace culture were coming through the high-stress/ high-reward world of recombinant technology: liberal HR policies, nice benefits, good compensation, stock options, subsidized food and plush environment. The people were the best part, stressed but happy science geeks. As with any large and growing business the level of change created tension in the workplace, whether it was changes in organizational charts or new buildings replacing your favorite parking lots. Of course the other side of that coin was the ability to take your experience from one area of the company to others both inside and outside your field.

Pro érvek

Good folks, great mission.

High expectations, hard work

Fast-paced with great coworkers

The environment is VERY fast-paced however the coworkers are always willing to help. The only reason I have given Genentech a poor review is my immediate boss and I never got along from the start, and this person was unable to make very small adjustments to make working at Genentech a more productive experience.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and fun environment with a game room and fitness club.

My day started at about 7am. During my stay at Genentech, I learned more about sequencing DNA, cloning, sequence analysis and purchasing. I managed my projects and work and taught others. The hardest things about my job was leaving for the day and sequence analysis. I enjoyed all aspects of my position. My co-workers also enjoyed what they did and the friendships and professional relationships we developed.

Pro érvek

Concerts on campus and great medical plans.

Great place to work!

The job culture here is great. I am currently in a contract/temporary position and therefore actively looking for a permanent position.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Cutting edge company with productive work environment

Cutting edge company with productive work environment. Great opportunity for me to learn different and innovative research techniques in radioimaging. Very fast paced work environment but very rewarding.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

great company with good project management and nice facilities

A typical day for me at Genentech would be reading some publications related to my study of interest. Doing data analysis for IND report, preparing samples for in-vivo dosing and collecting samples back for analysis. ( All necessary doing everything on a day, but these tasks might be mixed and matched depend on its priority)

Pro érvek

economic meals, many free lunch from training and meeting. company's shuttle to work

Kontra érvek

less interaction with other colleagues that don't engage into same projects

Learning experience

Even as a contractor, I enjoyed working Genentech. I was able to support different labs, as well as handle my own assays.

Great cafeteria

part-time
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place for science driven minds and research oriented people

Nice place to work; Access to resources is great; you learn a lot

Productive plac

Genentech fosters research collaborations, strikes a balance between an academic and an industrial set up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Still a good company but not what it used to be.

Many of the best people have left, and with them the culture of open discourse has deteriorated as well. The general feel of the company is more corporate and more political.

Pro érvek

making medicine that helps patients is a fulfilling work, sabbaticals, and good health benefits.

Kontra érvek

decreased overall compensation (smaller bonuses, discontinued employee stock plan), longer hours, few opportunities for growth coupled with a poor promotion policy
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Large Company with little recognition of individuals

Genentech,Inc. has changed quite a bit since the take over by Roche in 2008. Since the start of Operational Excellence, many people have been layed off and moved on to other organizations with more security and recognition of the individual.There is a feeling of "big business" at work here rather than the drive for science to "work hard, play hard" culture that was identifiable in years past.In a large company, there is the danger of being too specialized, to the point where the individual is highly efficient and nimble, but not in any other area of science.

Pro érvek

great health care, workplace activities

Kontra érvek

less promotions, communication of management changes and available positions
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

• Vállalatok
  • Genentech
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
  • Research Associate
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?