Genentech

Értékelések kategória szerint

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
26 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelőenMind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megtekintése

An easy job to pick up that compensates well, but long hours

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Honestly an enjoyable place to work at. The shift I was assigned to had a good culture of supporting each other, and being sure to support contract workers to convert to blue badged employees. Only issue was work life balance with the long shifts.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Beautiful campus and work life balance.

Beautiful campus and work life balance. Great people to work with. Learned a lot during my time here. Difficult to get hired as a full time employee.

Pro érvek

Beautiful campus and work life balance.

Kontra érvek

Difficult to get hired as a full time employee.

Lean

They’ve been trying to run the plant lean more and more since I’ve started working here 5 years ago, and I feel like the morale continues to drop. Engagement doesn’t seem to be a big factor anymore. It’s more about cross training and utilizing the workforce to the fullest.

Contractor

It was a good place to start out, really loved the work ethic and free amenities. There was a lot of competition for getting hired on full time between the contractors, but overall I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.

Pro érvek

Free coffee/drinks, onsite gym, team building exercises

Kontra érvek

Long hours, lack on conversion for contractors

Best manufacturing plant

It was a pleasure working for Genentech and my co-workers, they offer great opportunities and the pay isn't too bad haha! Great benefits from medical all the way to life insurance.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Productive and fun department getting laid-off

Schedules are stable and typical day is productive. I learned a lot in my role but not much expansion beyond my role. Opportunities for cross training in other departments are slim-to-none. Workplace culture encourages recognition of hard work for some (depending on management). Overall, fun and welcoming environment but it is a place that is not readily inclusive of people of color (caters to mostly Asian and Caucasian). Hardest part of the job is not the job itself, but as a contractor finding a job as a regular employee may not happen with lots lay-offs occurring across departments and campuses. I did enjoy my time at Genentech. I will miss most my coworkers who are an encouraging and enjoyable set of people to work with. They make work not feel like work.

Pro érvek

Work-Life Balance is encourage and nurtured

Kontra érvek

No room for advancement in many departments, lots of low-key lay-offs occurring
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for

Genentech is an excellent company with I grew with during my 8 years there. It is a fun, exciting, huge company where you learn so much in terms of transferrable skills, customer service, collaboration, and knowledge.

Wonderful place to work

The company is world class in every way. There is a sense of urgency in all manners of being compliant and class A. To advance your career you need to be highly motivated and know where to look, and network accordingly or else its easily possible to become stagnant.

great culture

compensation could be better

Competitive

As temporary hiring goes, the ultimate goal is to be hired on after committing to rigorous job training. Genentech repeatedly closed advancement opportunities while simultaneously providing hired workers, who worked alongside temps, ample benefits and sponsored events.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a good place to work for a temp worker

If you can get a job as a permanent worker then Genentech is the place to be. There is some awful politics involved in the management style and there are definitely favorites.

Not great

Pay is ok once you convert from temp, which may take forever. This depends heavily on the overtime which is built into the schedule and forced working on holidays. Supervisors are clueless. Work environment in manufacturing can be unprofessional, and often hostile if you don't make the right friends. It's ok for the short term. After a while employees become jaded by heavy workload and the fact that incompetent employees have lower expectations placed on them and thus can take it easy. Mfg can't really participate in the Genentech culture due to the schedule. Hard to find new roles in the company due to its dependence on contractors. Upper management at least tries to be transparent and relay information.

Benefits, reputation

Work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Multi-product facility with hard working people.

Fast paced environment with hard working people. The working culture was that we do what we do because of the patients. People take pride in working for Genentech.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall, a great place to work

Work usually started with a shift exchange meeting in which one shift would update the incoming one on current operations and things to look out for on the floor. This was a really great way to get to know more people that you are working with in the department. We would get a 1 and 1/2 hour lunch which is unprecedented. Only 30 minutes of that lunch would be unpaid, so really a 10 hour shift turned into more like an 8 hour shift at the end of the day. Hours for swing shift are tough to get used to if you are a morning person like me. Being up and functioning fully until 2:30am is just difficult in my opinion. The actual work consisted of preparing, building and sterilizing filter assemblies for upstream and downstream operations and cleaning or processing equipment for GMP use-yes this did involve hand-washing a fair number of parts. Generally the position demanded a lot of physical labor to: clamp, carry, lift, push and assemble things which isn't so bad but can get monotonous and wear down your body.

Pro érvek

Long breaks, relaxed atmosphere within the company, free food every week, lots of on-site parties for employees, being a contract worker doesn't really hold you back

Kontra érvek

Poor management on my shift, lack of schedule flexibility, work weekends, odd hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company with many opportunities

Greatest job I've ever had! These values are accurate. The three Roche values—Integrity, Courage, and Passion—are core to how we want to behave, as individuals and collectively as an organization. Passion means we use our drive and commitment to energize, engage and inspire others. Courage means we are entrepreneurial and thus take risks, reach beyond boundaries and experiment. Integrity means we are consistently open, honest, ethical and genuine. These values define fundamental attributes for guiding decisions and actions leading to increased innovation and business performance.

Amazing place to work!

People are wonderful, the culture is great, and the company is huge with a lot of room to grow. Definitely a place to work and make a career of if you are able to get a full time position here. Wish they had more full time positions as opposed to simply temp jobs.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and a fun work place to work

Management is great and will help out when needed. The culture is great! Great work life balance. Lots of support and they don't run lean like other companies. There are enough technicians to do work and do not let burn out sit in.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great culture and work environment!

This was my first Pharmaceutical Manufacturing job, and I must say it has been a great learning experience. I would recommend this place to anyone but you must be a fast learner and worker!

Pro érvek

Employees' want to train you, everyone is open to help, the bootcamp is very well-organized.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Many departments, positions and helpful coworkers with a wealth of knowledge. Job shadowing, rotation programs and informational interviews are just some of the ways they encourage individual employee growth.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Wonderful company with skilled machinist

Acumed has some really skilled machinist and they make some of the best orthopedic implant parts I have ever seen. The machinery is great and the operations are nice.

Nice benefits and PTO plan

Kontra érvek

Sometimes things can get political

Great Place to Work

Great enviornment and culture. Management is always willing to help and watch you succeed. Everyone that is hired for the most part share in the layback culture Genentech is known for.

Productive and great environment

Working as a member of Production Services for the shift. My shift is the most productive among the company. As my area, we prepare all the components for the filling lines and another areas to run the drugs. Prior the fill time, my area is the busiest and important one. We have to make sure all the component all be well-prepared in aseptic environment and passed all the quality tests.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés