Genentech

Értékelések kategória szerint

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
59 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelőenMind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megtekintése

Great culture

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Inspiring team and leaders. Great sense of purpose, feels great to be able to contribute to the common goal. Plenty of training provided in the beginning. I felt prepared starting new job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Highly Stressful, Toxic Work environment.

People left within first few weeks of training. The Case Manager position seems based on competitiveness and so much surveillance and monitoring. If you are remote, you are expected to have your camera on at all times, keep being told how your will be docked for mistakes, and how only if you perform above your quota, you MIGHT become a full time employee. This call center position is a toxic environment. Please look elsewhere!!

Organized but unfulfilling work

Company is very organized and the training is great.. but the work itself is so unfulfilling and tedious. You don’t really need to use your brain much for this job.. it can get boring very quick
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Experience will vary, depending if you're contract or permanent

Genentech, specifically Access Solutions, is overall a good place to be - and once you're hired on, job security seems almost guaranteed. That being said, I work there as a contractor, and the above statement was made from the outside looking in. Contractors are included in day-to-day functions just as a permanent employee; in fact one can forget that it's "contract work". There's no cultural difference, contractors and FTEs (full time employees) co-mingle, and work on the same teams. The split becomes apparent when it comes to benefits, and some positions/job tasks are only available to FTEs.I'm at the end of my 3-year contract and didn't get hired permentently. We were told that COVID changed how many FTEs they can support, and I completely understand. However, that brings me to the 'con': like all companies, there are some who 'work the system' and/or produce substandard work. The trouble is some of those people are FTEs and it actually seems hard to get fired once you're 'in'. This leads to no open positions for good contractors who have met/exceeded metrics and a have professional moral compass that points due north.There's also a dichotomy there - Genentech tends to regularly 'fix what's not broken', constantly upgrading and updating, making small changes to procedures, etc; yet when it comes to big issues such as their training program, or keeping people accountable when caught 'cherrypicking' easy work or resetting their place in the phone queue, there's an almost staunch refusal to improve.On the technical side, their system of record is ridiculously over-engineered, -

Pro érvek

Flexible hours, no weekends during steady-state months, supportive

Kontra érvek

Over-complicated system of record, few opportunities for promotion or lateral movement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great benefits and work culture!

I really enjoyed my time working at Genentech. This company is well-regarded in terms of its healthy work culture. I learned so much in my internship and would recommend working for Genentech to others!

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great pay for being a temp.

Genentech hires on people for their "blizzard" season every year. The training lasts about six weeks while the actual work you do lasts about the same. It's a bit stressful because you have to meet certain metrics every day, they constantly audit your work and listen in on your phone calls for mistakes. There are so many things that you have to say and that you're not allowed to say on the phone. My heart would race every time I received a phone call because I was so paranoid that I would say the wrong thing. They only give you about a week's notice before ending your contract. Overall the money was good but I was glad when my contract was up. It was very rigid and stressful. They pay was nice but not worth the stress.

Freebies during the holidays

High stress

Mission driven organization that puts patients first

I worked for the Access Solutions division of Genentech, Access Solutions does minimal direct hiring, they work through 3rd party staffing agencies for a significant portion of their overall workforce. You are a contract employee. The chances of getting hired on as an FTE are inflated during the hiring process. While I enjoyed the work and helping patients and health care providers, the staffing agency I worked for offered minimal benefits, no sick time, and the absolute minimum in healthcare as required by law. Working under these conditions with the uncertain hopes of getting hired as an FTE employee was stressful. Hypocritical and ironic that a biotech company with excellent benefits that's inventing cures for critical disease states, contracts with agencies that don't offer benefits.

Mission driven organization that puts patients first

They contract with 3rd party staffing agencies that don't offer benefits

Money is good

The money is awesome and you'll learn new programs and connect with a ton of great folk. There are a lot of people who thought they'd continue with the company after the contract ends. LOL

Money

Short Contract & Poor Management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Absolutely the worst people I’ve ever met

I completed a six month contract with Genentech and I must admit that it was by far one of the worst periods of my life. The money is great for call center work, but the way that the “blue badges” from San Fran act is abhorrent. I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to a company of snakes like this.

Free lunch, 30 bucks an hour

No human dignity

Great Company With Some Flaws

Overall I am appreciative of my work experience here at Genentech. It was a great job right out of college. Training is very structured. The company has a very friendly and inclusive culture for the most part. Sadly however contractors are treated differently and there's no job security. Sometimes it can feel like the hunger games as you compete with other contractors to keep your job.

Pro érvek

Free food, work remote, company buses

Kontra érvek

No job security as a contractor

Meh

There was a cafeteria with pretty good food, but sadly you gotta pay. Not much benefits working here....they have nice gatherings every now and then, but that's all. Work is nice and easy. You get to work early and be able to have entire day to self for other stuff.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I have learn't a lot at Genentech, Company culture was really great. Managers were helpful all the time. Always supportive and encouraging environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Hard work but a good balance of play

I learned the ropes of customer service and call center. We are monitored for call quality and graded appropriately. During high work inventory, there were many opportunity for over-time work.

Good training, overtime pay

seasonal job

Fantastic Company People Product Production

It’s an awesome environment they take care of their employees with amazing amenities. Meals, snacks as well as Coffee,Tea refrigerator areas. Treats are provided through out the day. Parties & celebration times. Very fun environment. Work process can change frequently throughout the day. Must be multi-multi task oriented person & it’s very helpful if you are already have working knowledge of apple product
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great Job if you are young

This job is designed for recent college grads with no life experience. As a contractor if you want to stay on you have to work fast and kiss hieney. The company overall really cares about its patients and about keeping employees happy but because it is focused on young inexperienced workers, the leadership is fairly inexperienced. Leadership merely parrots back what they have learned in training and have a tough time thinking critically. They use common buzz words such as transparency, but in-fact if they were transparent they would be 100% honest with contractors.

Pro érvek

kind, positive, new work environment

Kontra érvek

not for job seekers with life experience

Great enviroment

Excellent workplace, excellent leadership, great diversity, flexible hours, team building, great work events, great benefits, great place to work. Great food.

Excellent work environment.

Excellent work environment with team members always ready to collaborate and work together to achieve business goals. The work environment is fast paced but not stressful.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Contract position . Would not return to same division. Management was under trained and immature

Poor management structure. Culture was unprofessional . Took this position as a change in career. Position was not the what was described as provided within job descriptions. This is a call center . Highly metric oriented and team leads need attitude training.

Good Place to Work I Just Started At An Odd Time

I started at an odd time, my team was transferred to Portland about 4 months after I started so I was not given the opportunity to grow like I would have liked. Because I was contract when I fell ill I felt like I had to work through it instead of taking a proper sick day off. Which when flu season struck was awful and traveled fast around the office. That said, the job was rewarding, training was more than adequate, and everyone was a team player.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Working at Genentech has taught me so much.

When i received the call saying that i was going to be working for Genentech Access Solutions i was so excited to share the news with my family. Here at Genentech we work together as a team to ensure our patients get the service they deserve. We are constantly going to meetings regarding any updates to our systems, we often receive surprises from management and LT. It really is a family here. I was heart broken when i heard that my drug ''Lucentis" was relocating to Portland, Oregon. Being that i am a contacted worker i did not get first priority to go. But i was able to take so much out of working here for the time that i did. I would love to be a FTE someday here at Genentech but it seem something else is in store for me.

Pro érvek

Free lunches, Boba drinks, HOHO's (free work events), Cheap and good cafeteria food.

only get a 30 min lunch and you have to take 2 15 min breaks

Cutthroat - No Help

The training process for the Case Manager position was 4 weeks long with a 2 week ramp up. Throughout the training process asking questions would routinely get passed off because "you'll learn this when you do you floor training" or "you'll just learn this while doing it" even when asking questions as specific as how insurances play against one another and how to organize benefits accordingly, but then the week of floor training they pull the "your trainer should have taught you this" card and led to inefficiencies across every case manager. That kind of dis-organized training process leads me to believe the system is flawed all the way up.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés