Genentech

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megmutatása

Company invests a lot of time and energy to build a positive culture.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great company and culture but it is trying to find its way at a time of patent expiry for 3 major products. The company did a major field force restructure in 2019 which is proving to be very challenging and not as beneficial as hoped.

Pro érvek

Great benefits, culture and work-life balance

Kontra érvek

Lack of transparency, poor field leadership, lots of busy work

Great products and support

Excellent company, excellent support, excellent literature, and samples. Great training, superior management, well-thought-out territories, and great corporate culture.

Contractor

It was a good place to start out, really loved the work ethic and free amenities. There was a lot of competition for getting hired on full time between the contractors, but overall I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.

Pro érvek

Free coffee/drinks, onsite gym, team building exercises

Kontra érvek

Long hours, lack on conversion for contractors
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

If your a direct you'll be fine.

Found that if you are a contract worker, often they drain you of what information they can glean from you during your short time there, and then dispose of you.

Pro érvek

exploration is allowed, but direction is often unclear

Kontra érvek

management does bate and switch
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management empowers associates and gives them the power to make decisions that most effect their daily lives. They are fexible and understand that work is not your entire life.

Great Pay

Kontra érvek

Stay until the work is completed

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

They treated us like an assembly line

The most horrible, most stressful place to work at. No life and wok balance. The work was overwhelming with no help or supervision. No job advancement. Would never work there again.

Pro érvek

Got a cupcake for my birthday

Kontra érvek

Super short breaks. No upward mobility.

Low pay

I was only an intern. But the work was nothing special, it was great for my resume but that was far as it goes. There were parties and good cafeteria food (not free).

Cafeteria, shuttles

Boring work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great pay for being a temp.

Genentech hires on people for their "blizzard" season every year. The training lasts about six weeks while the actual work you do lasts about the same. It's a bit stressful because you have to meet certain metrics every day, they constantly audit your work and listen in on your phone calls for mistakes. There are so many things that you have to say and that you're not allowed to say on the phone. My heart would race every time I received a phone call because I was so paranoid that I would say the wrong thing. They only give you about a week's notice before ending your contract. Overall the money was good but I was glad when my contract was up. It was very rigid and stressful. They pay was nice but not worth the stress.

Freebies during the holidays

High stress
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Work life balance is great before COVID and especially now with COVID

Love my jib as a patient navigator and getting to connect with patients. We are remote right now but that doesn’t take away from the commitment to patients and HCPs. Good company culture with no micromanaging.

Pro érvek

Salary, benefits, work life balance

Kontra érvek

So many changes all the time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Vacaville is not good place anymore!!

Vacaville is not ideal location to work at Genentech. Its old school culture. hard to find good folks. Lot of politics. If you work for boss who looks after you then you are in good hand. otherwise it can ruin your life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company culture with incredibly intelligent and caring colleagues.

Overall, good place to work. Manager provides support and all teams I've worked with so far have been welcoming & enthusiastic. Work life balance can be difficult at times, but all for good cause

Genentech Was Great But Not Anymore

Genentech was an amazing, science driven company but not anymore. Huge restructuring going on over past year plus, and everything is in an upheaval. Majority of good management left and many of the remaining managers are not great. A lot of managed care people promoted to management positions when they have never managed people before, and it’s a mess. I would not recommend joining this dumpster 🔥 fire.

Was great

Huge disorganization now
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Pretty good if you know what you're doing

No one is holding your hand. Which also means no micromanaging. Prepare to be agile. Learn to adapt. Be wary of office politics. Overall it's a large company and with large companies come inertia. Change is slow.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Genentech Science is World Class and the opportunity to contribute to making products that create good outcomes for patients’ health, is visionary.

What stands out about working at Genentech are working on new Science projects, innovative technology, and the opportunity to contribute to making products that create good outcomes for patients’ health.

Pro érvek

1) Working with colleagues that believe in quality and continuous improvements. 2) Commute options.

Kontra érvek

Need more African Americans and people of color in Management and VP positions.

Stressful environment

I worked as a contractor it was stressful because I was afraid they would end my contract at anytime. Their system was confusing. I decided to quit and accepted a full-time job with benefits elsewhere.

Pro érvek

Free coffee food, nice office, good pay

Contract work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The best biotechnology company to work for!

I loved my time at Genentech. You have the chance to work with some of the best people in the world at what they do. Having an inclusive atmosphere is an important part of the culture of the company. The main campus in South San Francisco is a lot different than in Vacaville. Both were great, but you will not have as many opportunities to advance in Vacaville because it is only a manufacturing facility.

Pro érvek

Free food on Friday, diverse workforce, top of the line talent

Kontra érvek

You won't regreat working here!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A good place to work overall, with some drawbacks

Overall, I'd say it's a good place to work. That being said, depending on your location/sector of the company, it can be very different.Pros: Generally flexible/laid back with how you work. WFH is an option for most people who are eligible (i.e. not manufacturing/product-facing folks). Benefits are pretty good, especially 401k match, health insurance costs, vacation days, and bonuses generally are good. You do feel that you're making a difference in the grand scheme of things. Many of your peers usually are kind, hardworking, and easy to get along with.Cons: Management seems disingenuous. Direct managers will care, but above them or their peers in other areas still don't know what the rest of the site does. There's a lot of feel-good talk, but actions conflict with the message. Other sites don't get the same perks and support as the HQ in SF. Generally overworked/overloaded in most cases as people are afraid to say no to new work. Job security recently has wavered quite a bit, making it difficult to plan for one's future. Starting pay was a bit too low for the area and while raises have been decent, promotions are generally difficult to come by and you risk not keeping up with the cost of living. Risk of stagnating in your role after some time.Overall, my experience has been positive here, and while I've listed what seems to be many cons, some I'd wager you're likely to find in any company of this type and size.

Pro érvek

Most benefits, vacation days, relaxed work environment

Kontra érvek

Job security at times, pay, management

Mission driven organization that puts patients first

I worked for the Access Solutions division of Genentech, Access Solutions does minimal direct hiring, they work through 3rd party staffing agencies for a significant portion of their overall workforce. You are a contract employee. The chances of getting hired on as an FTE are inflated during the hiring process. While I enjoyed the work and helping patients and health care providers, the staffing agency I worked for offered minimal benefits, no sick time, and the absolute minimum in healthcare as required by law. Working under these conditions with the uncertain hopes of getting hired as an FTE employee was stressful. Hypocritical and ironic that a biotech company with excellent benefits that's inventing cures for critical disease states, contracts with agencies that don't offer benefits.

Mission driven organization that puts patients first

They contract with 3rd party staffing agencies that don't offer benefits

Money is good

The money is awesome and you'll learn new programs and connect with a ton of great folk. There are a lot of people who thought they'd continue with the company after the contract ends. LOL

Money

Short Contract & Poor Management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Absolutely the worst people I’ve ever met

I completed a six month contract with Genentech and I must admit that it was by far one of the worst periods of my life. The money is great for call center work, but the way that the “blue badges” from San Fran act is abhorrent. I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy to a company of snakes like this.

Free lunch, 30 bucks an hour

No human dignity

Great Company With Some Flaws

Overall I am appreciative of my work experience here at Genentech. It was a great job right out of college. Training is very structured. The company has a very friendly and inclusive culture for the most part. Sadly however contractors are treated differently and there's no job security. Sometimes it can feel like the hunger games as you compete with other contractors to keep your job.

Pro érvek

Free food, work remote, company buses

Kontra érvek

No job security as a contractor
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,9/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Genentech
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?