Genentech

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megmutatása

Company invests a lot of time and energy to build a positive culture.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great company and culture but it is trying to find its way at a time of patent expiry for 3 major products. The company did a major field force restructure in 2019 which is proving to be very challenging and not as beneficial as hoped.

Pro érvek

Great benefits, culture and work-life balance

Kontra érvek

Lack of transparency, poor field leadership, lots of busy work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

A great place to work. Not too technically demanding, and a strong focus on how to pitch your developed products/features.

I had a great internship experience at Genentech. My manager was extremely supportive of me and constantly asked what areas of myself I wanted to work on developing during my time there before providing me with the opportunities to do so. There are great opportunities to connect and collaborate with other interns, especially within ECD informatics.

Supportive Management for Interns Inter-group collaboration is common

Kontra érvek

Not really a con, but be ready to learn on the job if you are not well versed within the biology sphere
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall a great company to work at with great people and decent pay.

Really good place to work at with a good culture and work life balance. Good pay at the engineer II level (4-5 years experience). Innovation is a big key driver for the company.

Blind Upper Management, constant reorganization

Upper Management is blind to other Director level mismanagement, favoritism and constant confusion on job roles and responsibilities. Very sad state.

Pro érvek

Not sure after the confusion and mental abuse from Director

Kontra érvek

Upper managements refusal to see that they are blind to the reality of how staff is treated.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Beautiful campus and work life balance.

Beautiful campus and work life balance. Great people to work with. Learned a lot during my time here. Difficult to get hired as a full time employee.

Pro érvek

Beautiful campus and work life balance.

Kontra érvek

Difficult to get hired as a full time employee.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Good benefit

Has great benefits package and work balance. Good pay every one loves working there. Treat employees well, concert every year. Get time off when needed paid

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Work really depends on what group you are in

During this pandemic, people who work at work get treated differently from those who work at home. People who work at work slaved through the pandemic and they don't get any appreciation, meanwhile those who work from home can get promoted. This has caused many disgruntled employees and HR doesn't help. The workplace really depends on who you work with, and if you work with toxic people, good luck on getting help from HR.

Free food during Pandemic

Kontra érvek

HR doesn't help. Actually makes you feel like your the problem.

great hard working people

lots of meetings. less centric as workers are now more dispersed around the country and the world. benefits are still really good. more is top down driven than local. still opportunities to shine and make a name for yourself. big company with many different areas to explore, grow and find your niche/area of interest.

grgrg

We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is where your work can make a difference in people’s lives. Including your own.Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Visit apple.com/careers to learn more.

Genentech has great culture

great place to work if you are blue badge. Very competitive in trying to move up. Overall, would love to work here if permanent and lived closer to work

Genentech constantly provides employee appreciati0on events

Genentech provided food from various vendors in the local area on a regular basis and had culture clubs for people of different ethnic backgrounds. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas were celebrated with special events for the whole staff.

Pro érvek

Free food and other employee appreciation events.

Kontra érvek

Didn't fairly receive training while noticing younger people getting more attention from trainers.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Worked to the bone for below market compensation

Culture at the HTO site has steadily declined since I began working there in 2018. Upper management is disconnected from the difficulties the frontline faces and attempts to placate the workers is tone-deaf at best. In my current role I am compensated approximately $10/hr less than I would be in another industry despite getting constant emails from the CEO that we are turning profits and experiencing sales growth. Unless you are unemployed and strapped for money, I would apply elsewhere.

Pro érvek

Good healthcare, remote work for office people during oandemic

Kontra érvek

Breaks often skipped, low headcount, low compensation

ok

No day is typical. I learned a lot. Management is not great. Culture is liberal. Management doesn't seem to really care about the employeeThe hard part is many

No viewpoint diversity

The workplace culture is very toxic if you're from the Midwest or South, you will not feel welcome nor fit in here. People (coworkers, managers, and leadership) constantly make disparaging comments about these areas of the country. CEO and other executives are constantly sending out emails with a very biased political perspective. It's obvious who gets promoted. Read their EEO statement, they don't engage in ***unlawful*** discrimination. If you're a white male, good luck.

Cool tech set-up

Kontra érvek

Discrimination based on federally protected classes

Loved Genentech

I had a year contract with Genentech through a temp agency. Loved the people, place to work, nice amenities, treats and gifts provided during summer months.Managers we're polite and supportive

Free food, coffee, tea, Ice Cream

Kontra érvek

Parking was very far from the building.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Unique in a very diverse field

Genentech is in a sweet spot where innovation and legacy projects co exist and are both considered important components for the development of great medicine. They do prioritize speed beyond anything else due to the insane costs associated to developing medicine.

Pro érvek

Cutting edge science and resources, diverse work environment.

Kontra érvek

Large hierarchy with multiple levels of management

Lean

They’ve been trying to run the plant lean more and more since I’ve started working here 5 years ago, and I feel like the morale continues to drop. Engagement doesn’t seem to be a big factor anymore. It’s more about cross training and utilizing the workforce to the fullest.

Not bad as a client.

I actually work for JLL assigned at Genentech as a manager. For the most part, I am treated fairly well. But that's because I have great bosses.Most people here know they have a good position.

Pro érvek

Work environment, pay, freebies.

Kontra érvek

Sometimes contractors are treated as second-class citizens.

Great Place to Work!

Benefits galore, great pay but you will work for it. Beautiful campus, great inclusive culture, concierge desk (YES!). Work hard, play hard!

Pro érvek

The sky is the limit for career advancement if you want it.

Kontra érvek

You REALLY have to work to create a work life balance.

Stay away from USMA

Hire better managers who know how to manage seasoned teams. Process oriented and highly political organization. Good benefits and generic learning opportunities.

Poor managers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company with great culture

I only stayed for a summer so this can be seriously biased. I love this company! Leadership was genuinely concerned and everyone in the company is smart and supportive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés