Genentech

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megmutatása

Company invests a lot of time and energy to build a positive culture.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great company and culture but it is trying to find its way at a time of patent expiry for 3 major products. The company did a major field force restructure in 2019 which is proving to be very challenging and not as beneficial as hoped.

Pro érvek

Great benefits, culture and work-life balance

Kontra érvek

Lack of transparency, poor field leadership, lots of busy work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Experience depends on direct manager

Genentech/Roche wants to be a collaborative and modern workplace. That experience and the ability to benefit from it depends entirely on your direct manager or management line. If you work under retaliatory, vindictive, or self-protecting managers, there is little or no accountability. The mission and the people are excellent. The work itself is interesting. My experience is one the worth professional experiences in my life.

Pro érvek

Smart colleagues, great mission, interesting work

Kontra érvek

Bad management/workers can hide in the size of the organization, constant transformation hampers work, very slow progress in the business side

Great Company

My current role I am in is great! I get the support and training I need to become better from my managers and peers. The company overall has a great culture. Love what they do for the patients and employees.

leading edge manufacturing

exciting place to work but management is horrible; the change in management to the current ones was a difficult transition for the company; many good people were let go and the management didn't care; also, the management had a tendency to week out the older workers but that is difficult to prove. There have been many people who worked there for years, unqualified, going nowhere but stay because of the benefits.

Pro érvek

benefits

Kontra érvek

management is demeaning
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

What is the best part of working at the company?Used to be the culture and benefits. Still has great benefits, but the culture of which the company was founded is non-existent.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Unrealistic workloads.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company's culture and ethics. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?travel or commute to onsiteWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I would say Genentech has an excellent Work culture. There is no discrimination in this place. One feels very respected and a lot of opportunities to grow.What is a typical day like for you at the company?There is team meetings, project meetings and working on what I am entrusted with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Amazing collection of very smart people

Always fascinates me how the absolute best company to work for ( according to Forbes ) was able to conceal all the bad. Manager who recruited me retired after my first 3 months. I should have left when he did

Pro érvek

Full benefits plus stock options on day one

Kontra érvek

People can un-make the place much faster

Data driven

If you enjoy having to justify every decision and action with data, this is the place for you. If you dislike working under quotas, you may want to take a pass.

Lunch

Its was a relief to getaway from the streeful environment and the stuck up management. My time here I have seen the hardest workers come and go and if you are not bowing at the feet of management than you will not last. This isnot a friendly environment its more of a boot camp. People stay for the pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Sweeping changes to upper management structures have changed the culture to a less friendly and not as personable environment! Up to that point it was a very decent place to work!

Basic

Good decent company to work for. Many people with variety of personalities. Some management lacks professionalism and leadership skills needed as management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great company to work for

Learned a lot on the job and about the industry. The work life balance was great. Everyone I worked with was friendly and collaborative. Great company perks as well. Little room for growth in my position.

Pro érvek

Amazing coworkers, nice campus with gym, great cafeteria with subsidized meal costs, comfortable working environment

No room for growth
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Experience will vary, depending if you're contract or permanent

Genentech, specifically Access Solutions, is overall a good place to be - and once you're hired on, job security seems almost guaranteed. That being said, I work there as a contractor, and the above statement was made from the outside looking in. Contractors are included in day-to-day functions just as a permanent employee; in fact one can forget that it's "contract work". There's no cultural difference, contractors and FTEs (full time employees) co-mingle, and work on the same teams. The split becomes apparent when it comes to benefits, and some positions/job tasks are only available to FTEs.I'm at the end of my 3-year contract and didn't get hired permentently. We were told that COVID changed how many FTEs they can support, and I completely understand. However, that brings me to the 'con': like all companies, there are some who 'work the system' and/or produce substandard work. The trouble is some of those people are FTEs and it actually seems hard to get fired once you're 'in'. This leads to no open positions for good contractors who have met/exceeded metrics and a have professional moral compass that points due north.There's also a dichotomy there - Genentech tends to regularly 'fix what's not broken', constantly upgrading and updating, making small changes to procedures, etc; yet when it comes to big issues such as their training program, or keeping people accountable when caught 'cherrypicking' easy work or resetting their place in the phone queue, there's an almost staunch refusal to improve.On the technical side, their system of record is ridiculously over-engineered, -

Pro érvek

Flexible hours, no weekends during steady-state months, supportive

Kontra érvek

Over-complicated system of record, few opportunities for promotion or lateral movement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great benefits and work culture!

I really enjoyed my time working at Genentech. This company is well-regarded in terms of its healthy work culture. I learned so much in my internship and would recommend working for Genentech to others!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work! Awesome people, purpose, and appreciation for others.

Genentech Vacaville is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and supportive. They take care of their employees. Work hard play hard. Management is engaging and want to understand the why. Positive work place culture. Enjoyable part of the job is knowing we are helping to save or prolong someone's life.

People, Clean Campus, Positive Environment

N/a

The positive culture

This can be a great place to work for growth and longevity. A lot of the employees stay for 10+ years. Lately management has gone through a lot of turnover, so employees are having to employ different working methods.

Great Culture

Too many middle managers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Genentech is a great company to work for if you can afford to live in the Bay Area.

This review is for Commercial Regulatory Affairs. Genentech is a great company to work for, though if you're applying for a position in commercial regulatory affairs (CORA), keep reading. This group is extremely cliquey. You'll find out pretty quickly who is and isn't part of the clique. If you're not part of the clique, you'll feel left out personally and professionally (i.e., not promoted). If you're part of the clique, you'll be promoted even if you're incompetent, which several folks are, unfortunately. The head of the department is also head of the clique. If she likes you, you're made. If she doesn't, she can be a real beezy. Good luck.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Kept downsizing work group while expanding amount of work and coverage areas

Overall its a great company to work for. The pay and bonuses are way higher for management. In manufacturing support groups they were constantly downsizing the amount of employees while the areas of responsibility kept increasing. With FDA required inspections and the paperwork that they entailed along with the high amount of internally generated work orders. It was impossible to remain efficient. We also got a new manager every 6-12 months.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good company USMA has terrible management

Large churn in the last few years and poor company performance have led to dissatisfaction. Personal growth is slow and lots of bureaucracy. People and culture are nice.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Genentech is an amazing company to work at, the people are very supportive and everyone wants you to succeed and learn

Genentech is an amazing company to work at. I was very fortunate to have my internship there. Everyone one, managers and others, were so supportive and helpful and wanted you to succeed.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

An easy job to pick up that compensates well, but long hours

Honestly an enjoyable place to work at. The shift I was assigned to had a good culture of supporting each other, and being sure to support contract workers to convert to blue badged employees. Only issue was work life balance with the long shifts.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés