Genentech

3,9Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 018 értékelés megmutatása

Company invests a lot of time and energy to build a positive culture.

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Great company and culture but it is trying to find its way at a time of patent expiry for 3 major products. The company did a major field force restructure in 2019 which is proving to be very challenging and not as beneficial as hoped.

Pro érvek

Great benefits, culture and work-life balance

Kontra érvek

Lack of transparency, poor field leadership, lots of busy work

Not a bad place to work

It’s not a bad job it could be exhausting sometimes I work 12 hour workdays and then I have to raise my two kids by myself so I am worn out pretty quickly once I get off work

10-12 hour work day. Employee oriented

Not a bad place to work for if you get with the right crew. Lots of opportunities for advancement once you get on full time. There is a reason people work there 30 years

Fun

Very good place to work if you’re just starting out in the business. Management is very important and accommodating to everyone. The benefits are incredible
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It isn't what it used to be but still not bad

Genentech used to be one of the best places to work. Now it's isn't nearly as competitive. They have a massive foothold in the industry but the opportunities are limited.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great people, not so great as a contractor

Lots of wonderful people here that I will miss. However, contractors are treated as second-class citizens, having no benefits and being left out of much of the company's events.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not a place to grow your career

Pay is not competitive. Very little development opportunities. High amount of favoritism. Not much room for movement upwards. Promotions are scarce and raises are not competitive.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good place to work if the VPs would stick around and stabilize the company

Turn over rate of directors and VPs are very high. they come in for 18 months change things - leaving a mess in their wake. Tell you your job is safe for 3 years and then have a down size in 8 months. I did like who I worked with.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Highly Stressful, Toxic Work environment.

People left within first few weeks of training. The Case Manager position seems based on competitiveness and so much surveillance and monitoring. If you are remote, you are expected to have your camera on at all times, keep being told how your will be docked for mistakes, and how only if you perform above your quota, you MIGHT become a full time employee. This call center position is a toxic environment. Please look elsewhere!!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work with thorough training, ample resources, supportive management, and exciting goals. I learned a lot working here that I took with me.

Great place to learn

Very busy company, often too much work, much was expected on a daily basis. However, I generally did not have to work on weekends, but sometimes experiments ran into the night.

Pro érvek

Great food, easy parking, wonderful amenities

Work life balance

Great culture

Inspiring team and leaders. Great sense of purpose, feels great to be able to contribute to the common goal. Plenty of training provided in the beginning. I felt prepared starting new job.

Great Company to work for. Great benefits

Great company with Great Benefits and Culture. Work-Life Balance is good but Opportunities for advancement are just ok. Hard to move up or into another department unless you have a connection due to usually fierce competition.

Organized but unfulfilling work

Company is very organized and the training is great.. but the work itself is so unfulfilling and tedious. You don’t really need to use your brain much for this job.. it can get boring very quick

Learned a lot

Paid ok in 2016, now it feels like minimum wage in San Francisco. Good job but not for contractor. Do not talk about politics.They give you a lot of free food, feels good but the sad reality is that they rather feed you than pay you more
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Everyone was friendly and leadership seemed good. It was a good place to start with a lot of room to learn. The campus was nice the shuttles from Bart are helpful for commuting.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

They don't care about your skills, its a popularity contest

They hire contractors so they don't have to pay benefits. They don't care what your skills are, they want the popular group, even if they aren't qualified
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

It was a fun and vibrant work environment

There was always events that allowed for networking, socializing and camaraderie. Working hours were flexible and management was very understanding.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great For Direct Hire, Contractors are overlooked while making up the majority of the workforce

Contractor during Covid pandemic. 90% of the manufacturing work is done by contractors while they receive the least amount of guidance and direction. Very inclusive however, Very cliquey as well. More about who you know that what you do and how you preform. If you can navigate the culture which is VERY cryptic and veiled there is definitely a future for the few that become Full hires. IF you're a contactor, make sure there is a direct hire path in the near future or you will likely end up in limbo.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall, I like working at Genentech. Good work-life balance, good pay, good benefits. Coworkers are nice. My manager has been supportive. The company structure is “dynamic” which means that structure is always evolving and changing. People can do rotations, which are intended to help with career growth but often make it confusing to know who snd where to go to get things done. It is a laid back and noncompetitive environment: great for day to day work but a minus for trying to drive forward any big ideas that go against the status quo.

Health Insurance

Contracted through Allied Universal to work at Genentech. Pay is substandard for the amount of work and responsibilites. Management never comes through. They promise raises and it never happens. There is a general feel of unhappiness. Benefits are basic. Also, they will not transfer a person to another site.

Healthcare

Pay, benefits, poor management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Genentech? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,9/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Genentech
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?