Ge Hitachi Nuclear Energy

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 47 értékelés megmutatása

Fun coworkers.Relaxed atmosphere

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
4 stars.Good pay and benefits.Relaxed atmosphere.Left alone to do production.If you are able to meet quota,this is a fantastic place to work.If not this is not place for you.

Pay.Benefits.

Kontra érvek

Waiting to leave when you are finished.

Great team.

Enjoyed my time at GEH. Great group of people. Work load was reasonable and schedule was flexible. Also some exciting new technologies in new plants unit. I highly recommend working here.

Cancel culture thrives here

Poor management. Because of the company's racist past, the threat of accusations hangs over decent people for no reason, while others "get away with murder".The building, itself, is run down, and has not been maintained well for a facility that handles uranium.Most employee events cater to day shift and the salaried employees.

Handful of decent people

Toxic work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Pay is the only good thing

Overall, extremely toxic place to work. You can speak to anyone in any department with a variety of tenure and get the same IDENTICAL answers. The pay is the only reason people stay. You can slave away and it won’t make a difference there are very minimal opportunities and management has zero interest in you. You get 10 days off for vacation, sick, weather (hurricanes etc) and that’s it! Get your work done and stay silent is the only way to get by. Initiative is threatening to others.

Pay

Everything else

No work/life balance

-No WORK/LIFE Balance. -Sneaky Management. -Constant Business update lies. -No free meals. -Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving daily. -Most of management is sleeping with workers

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Unhealthy working environment was not seen

During the yeas of my working in the team, I saw a number of techically excellent engineers left. The team members in an over high percentage are good in political games rather than in technical aspects and the corresponding culture is a style of flattering upper management level.

No growth in Nuclear

Continual downsizing very little investment, little promotion opportunity. Not lean oriented or clear vision. Reluctant to change is part of the culture and used to prevent innovation.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Challenging and enjoyable engineering work at GE

I started my work at 7:30 First I got my Brain Tonic (large cup of coffee) and sit my work station. I had gone through my emails and calendar. I had a meeting at 8:00 am with Planner & Scheduler of GE. I was supposed to provide my feedback and input regarding my deliverers to other groups like GE Buyers, Designers, and my assigned tasks etc. I finished the meeting at 9:00 am. Came back to my work station and checked my work schedule. I had to review and provide the comment to one of the vender’s drawing on behalf of client. I finished it by 10:30 and send the electronic comments to my engineering manager for his review and approval. I got my coffee around 10: 40 am and back to my desk. After finishing my coffee, I been to my engineering manager and asked him did he receive my email regarding comments which I provided on drawing? He told me that he will review by tomorrow and asked me to join another conference call meeting with one of the client who is looking for support to revise a Technical Specification. He gave me the details that it was originally prepared as per Military Standard. Presently, client cannot purchase this equipment as per old standard. Manufacturers are no more manufacturing it and are obsolete to purchase. We need to revise the Technical Specifications for Nuclear Grade, and this equipment is one of the integral parts of a very important machine in Nuclear Stations. I got Technical Specification, which is supposed to be revised from my manager. 12:00 to 1:00 pm, I got my lunch in Cafeteria. I enjoyed my meal with my friends and colleges. -

Pro érvek

Very good team of engineers, managers and expert designers who are very helpful to share their knowledge and experience

Great internship for Field Service

I interned at the Wilmington, NC plant. They spent about two months training me and the other interns and then sent us out to a power plant for another 2 months to participate in a refueling and maintenance outage. My coworkers were very kind and helpful, and the work was physical, but not very hard.

Review

GE is a great place to work. The people are friendly. The benefits are not as good as they once were, but the pay is competitive. There is opportunity to move up within

It is a good company.

It is a nice place to work. The Wilmington, NC area is a great place to live. There are many outdoor activities. The beach is close by. The work culture is profesional.

No negative comment about GE

Good Company to work for. Good training . Friendly staff and lots of training regarding Nuclear Instrumentation.Good Work Life balance . Very advanced training for new Engineers and experiences engineers from other Industries as well.

Stressful and Confusing

GE has good benefits; yet, the office culture is plagued with ambiguities and vague directions. There are procedures for everything, but they are long winded, cumbersome, and confusing. Inexperienced lower management tend to run their shop as if it were a kindergarten class with analogous rewards and punishments for "behavior." The manager interaction is often based on obscure feedback (here say or gossip, often unrealistic, always unverifiable) that can be framed according to the manager's mood or intention; no coaching, or rather the "bring me a rock" approach. There is a lot of "Do what I say, not what I do," and clearly contradicting directions, often in the same breath.

Pro érvek

Good benefits, safe place.

Kontra érvek

Stressful deadlines, obscure and ambiguous expectations.

Mentoring from experenced personnel, Growth path, Job Training,

GE Hitachi Nuclear has a great training program with Six Sigma, Project Management University, and experienced mentors to guide you as you learn your position. Leadership roles work to develop talents such as crew oversite, preparing and tracking schedules, financial reports, procedures and work control plans. All this plus on site work with experienced personnel helps teach employees the correct way to perform their job.

Pro érvek

Excelent health care, Paid Personal time for medical appointments, Management interaction.

Kontra érvek

The field work can be hard on young couples with small children.

Solid Job

Decent development job with good pay. Nice people, but not too sociable. Needs to work on building stronger, more balanced Agile teams so that good developers don't burn out too quickly.

Benefits, Development Time

Small Team Sizes, Poor Agile Implementation

Challenging Work place with Great Managers

The role I was in was very challenging. I traveled for approximately 10 months out of the year. Worked insane amount of hours on the road. Overall I enjoyed my job and had a great manager! The only real issues were they dont promote you even if you have been working in that role for several years and they dont give raises very often even though you take on more responsibility and do more. Other than that if you want to travel and be challenged consistently then this is a great workplace!

dying industry

GE hasn't sold a new reactor in decades and the nuclear division is dying a slow death. They are very accommodating for work/life balance. Career advancement is highly dependent on your direct manager and I've had experiences with good and bad. The most enjoyable part of the job are the coworkers, some really great people.

work/life balance

Kontra érvek

dying industry, eventual layoff likely
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Hard work, long days, personally rewarding

Enjoyed working for them. Enjoyed the travel, challenges and support from HQ in Wilmington, NC. Learned a lot. Was appreciated by new hires and Security during In-Processing.

travel, per diem
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

I worked with many great talented people with managers that were committed to integrity and quality.

Most days I was in the office with a focus on compliance. My direct manager did a great job in helping my team to be in position to succeed while effectively filtering flow-down from upper management. The company has a great work/life balance policy where I was allowed to work from home or take time off when needed. The hardest part of the job would be needing to be flexible with external travel needs and life balance needs. The most enjoyable part was working with the many talented coworkers who worked together to improve overall Quality Program Compliance.

Flexible work schedule

Kontra érvek

Manager approved paid time off vice vacation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Overall my GE experience was excellent!

Overall my GE experience was excellent. I was employed by GE for more than25 years and most of my years were spent working with a great management team.

Used to be stable company - Facing Hard Publicity & Competitions

* It normally take 9-11 hours to perform daily works. * Experience in Nuclear Energy Instrument & Controls Technologies * Management: too much turnover * Workplace Culture: Varied depending locations * Hardest part of the job: Compliance to NRC * Enjoyable Part: Finishing Projects on time.

Good benefits & training supports

Kontra érvek

Vacation is no longer paid
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Ge Hitachi Nuclear Energy? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés