FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Package Handler

5 119 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 19 465 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Fedex ground
Package handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sacramento, CA2019, április 22.
Good place to start right after highschool, very easy job just a lot of work. Work hard enough and there on time everyday they rewards you. Every six months you get a raise and the work is very simple
Pro érvek
They rewards those who work hard and be at work everyday
Kontra érvek
Quick paste working, not Long enough breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun but very gery fast pace.
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, április 20.
Great way to stay in shape, cool people to work, if you get some that's not lazy.. that makes a big difference. They treat you if you have a good work shift.
Pro érvek
Benefits.. like discount on cell phones and cruises
Verry very fast pace
Munkahelyi kultúra
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kenilworth, NJ2019, április 20.
Enjoyed working at fedex had a lot of fun learned a lot met great people would love to return one day full time. Would definitely recommend working at fedex to a friend
loading trailers
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bloomington, CA2019, április 19.
last time i was there they had a goal of how many boxes you had to load per 2 hours stressful fast pace summer hot like if your in a oven they make food or buy for the employees sometimes
work hard get paid more
stressful
great job
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marina del Rey, CA2019, április 18.
Great place to work, coworkers are easy to work with, management are very involved with the team! The future with this company is very bright and promising
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was doing scanning of deliveries.
package handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ottawa, ON2019, április 18.
Sometimes it was busy but it has to fun to do this work.
I learned about doing scanning of products and also inventory as well
Also, got knowledge about answering calls in all that computer stuff.
Last paycheck
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2019, április 18.
I left because I had relocated and quite frankly blew my knee out..i asked them to mail my checks they assured me it would be mailed on the 6th they didnt come. I called found out they did not mail out till. The 11th I called the fedex employeel line found out it tajes them up to 7 days to get a response from them Its now the 18th and I just find out after calling payroll I have. to wait another 7days because the bank wwants to make sure they havent been cashed. This is so typical.
Non
Tio many to list
Loading and unloading trucks
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Durham, NC2019, április 18.
This was a high volume fast past job. You would work from time you got there until the time you left especial during the holidays. the good part is, you would have to be in shape to work there.
Very Physical and fast paced
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chandler, AZ2019, április 18.
I love my job unfortunately it’s less than 20 hours a week after deductions ( ins, Benifits etc) is not sufficient to live on. Unload rate 1040 pkg per hour.
Early hours and physical
Not enough hours
Package Handler
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Middletown, CT2019, április 18.
Working as a package handler is nice because you learn all different things about lifting packages only if you have a good time with you other wise it really hard when your trying to work alone. Management is kind of iffy.
zz
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Auburn Hills, MI2019, április 18.
A typial day at work will stressful. the manager I had was not good the hardest part will probly the heavy liting n pace. really don't have to ,uch full time position avalible I wish
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very complicated at first but you catch on quickly
PACKAGE HANDLER (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dothan, AL2019, április 17.
I loved my job at fed ex it was hard at first but then it became easy the more I paid attention to my trainer. As a package handler you had to work very quickly.
Provide breakfast sometimes
No Breaks between a 5 hr period
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging with advancement over a large period of time
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Beltsville, MD2019, április 16.
Working at Fedex is a very fast paced job where you are evaluated by performance with varying work loads compared to others. The management is required to reach a specific quota per day so some days you may have to work faster or help with other coworkers if needed. The management is a bit disorganized and you may get sent to different sessions depending if you are needed there. A typical day at work involves signing in at a required time, hearing the quota for the day, getting scanners ready, and working with coworkers to achieve the task. The workplace culture strives for safety but coworkers may get frustrated and adversely affect the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done early and having a small break in between. Typically, workers are required to stack packages along a conveyor belt and load them into a truck in a symmetrical fashion. I learned how to be efficient and mange tasks effectively in a given amount of time which is a good skill to have.
Occasional free lunch
Noisy environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun work place
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pasco, WA2019, április 16.
its a fun place to work because its competitive place and a fast place work. the hardest part of the job is when there is a lot of packages coming in and it could get a little hectic. the most enjoyable part of the job is having a team member help you when you need it.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
very fast paced hard manual labor
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, április 16.
Up too early 4am. hard strenuous lifting. not enough workers, they don't show up for work, and do bare minimum. Management is poor. you don't work enough hours therefore pay is terrible especially for the hard work you do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to work for
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rialto, CA2019, április 16.
It is loud dusty and dirty but a good place to work for great benefits and time off if you have earned it would be nice if they knew what was going on more
Free food
Kontra érvek
Short break and sometimes short work hours
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy physical labor ruined by poor leadership
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2019, április 16.
A typical day as a FedEx package handler depends on what position you work in, as it is a blanket title for all employees at a sort facility except for managers and QA. You could be unloading trailers, scanning boxes, manning a sort tower, loading delivery vehicles, or moving NCs, which is the term for anything that is too large or too heavy (75 to 150 pounds) to go on the conveyor belts. Nothing is particularly complicated, though it does take time to get settled in to new positions. It is also quite the workout, though some positions are more physical than others.

Compensation wise, FedEx is okay. The starting pay is decent, but the benefits are great. From the start, you get access to things like discounts from various businesses and tuition reimbursement. After you put in 1000 hours, you also become eligible for their health plan. For reference, I paid about $25/month for a plan that included medical, dental, vision, and mental health. My big complaint here is that it takes so long to become eligible. Since they try to keep shifts to 4 hours or less, it takes a while to reach 1000.

The shifts, themselves, depend on what location you are at. Hubs, supposedly, gave you the option to work full-time and had more shifts to choose from. I, however, worked at a smaller sort facility that was limited to part-time for package handlers and only offered two shifts, early morning (2am start) or night (6pm start). I had other obligations in the evening, so I was limited to mornings. This could be a deal breaker for some as it can be brutal starting at 2am every day, or sometimes
  több... earlier during peak season.

Now time for my rant on leadership.

Company-wide, there are things that changed about 6 months into my employment that resulted in very poor work conditions. Namely, FedEx established themselves as the go-to for shipping big, heavy packages when UPS raised their prices. This meant that we had a huge influx of NCs and had to somehow get them unloaded and delivered, despite being in a facility that was not built to handle the volume. Certain employees, including myself, were given the burden of dealing exclusively with NCs. Unfortunately, even though the volume increased, we were still expected to get things done in the same amount of time. This meant that safety standards went right out the window. As a team of 2, I was responsible for 3-5 trailers every day, filled entirely with 100+ pound packages while other employees never had to touch a single NC. They even loaded the belly of the trailers with them, which meant that there was no safe way to lift them out and you were putting your back on the line in every single trailer, not to mention that this was supposed to be against company policy.

More specific to my location, the leadership was even worse. If you were any good at your job, you were completely overburdened. During my worst time there, I was expected to do the job of 4 people while the managers consistently demanded that I get things done faster. Lazy/incompetent employees were not fired, they just expected the rest to pick up the slack. In fact, firing practices on the whole seemed completely random. You might have one really good worker uncharacteristically miss a couple days and be fired immediately, and at the same time you'd have other people being allowed to miss multiple days a week or come in more than 30 min late every day. While managers would spend much of the time talking about work safety, they never did anything to actually provide a safe working environment. As a member of the safety committee, I saw countless issues brought up on a monthly basis, and I saw the vast majority of those issues be completely ignored by management until they caused an incident. In one instance, another member of the committee pointed out a cracked wooden support beam in the shelving of a delivery van. The issue went ignored for 2 or 3 months until it broke during a sort, hitting the loader between the eyes, resulting in a broken nose. If you were able to put up with everything and still remain a productive worker, your reward would be absolutely nothing. Recognition was a fantasy. There were always discussions about how it needed to be a higher priority, as many people become unmotivated when their efforts go unrecognized, but nothing ever came of it. In fact, when I left, they were multiple months behind on announcing employee of the month, not that it mattered since most of the people were chosen arbitrarily rather than by performance. All in all, the last 2 years of my employment were a steady decline in management, resulting in a completely demoralized workplace. Due to being overworked and underappreciated, I went from being the friendliest person in the building to working on auto pilot and being supremely angry at everyone and everything.

If you've made it this far, I will leave you with this. FedEx can be a great place to work, as I'm sure that other locations have better leadership. It can be particularly great for those who are looking for part-time work but also want to have benefits. You just have to be on guard against poor/unsafe working conditions, because the physicality of the job could easily lead to serious injury if you're not careful.
  kevesebb
Good Benefits, Get paid to work out
Poor Management, Full-time not available at many locations
Wouldn’t Recommend
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2019, április 14.
Was told when hired that Full Time hours were available, but when I started working, manager said there were too many employees and not enough need for work for full time. Wouldn’t recommend unless looking for a second job.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
No hours, small paychecks.
Don’t do it
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Gulfport, MS2019, április 14.
Unless you wanna be a paid robot then spare yourself. They race you off the clock and refuse to help even though they see you drowning in work. The managers talk about you over the walkie talkies and have no respect
Pay
Everything but the pay
Fast- Paced and Very productive
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Seaford, DE2019, április 14.
Each day at u go in at FedEx u have to be ready to put in 100% work, it is very fast paced, and could be a very dangerous job if u are not aware at all time and also remembering all of the safey tips given to you throughout your days working there, and like I was told from my manager, "Never let the number of boxes phase u", I would say the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all of the boxes while also trying to neatly load the trailer. The mangagement there is great there, and they make sure you are taken care of.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van