Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Mechanic

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
12 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 433 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would rather not say as it is not fair on the few that want what's best to discredit others as after all its not the fault of the few that want positivity to take the lack of experience of others on their shoulders.
work/life balance
outway the pros
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is great place to work .very good environment coworkers are very friendly and helpfull . Manager guide you true from day one with all things you should know, and any question is welcome
Pro érvek
Barbecue once a month, bonus once a year, $ 600 per year for tools and working boots
non
Munkahelyi kultúra
Here are just three reasons why I would never EVER work for them again. There were many many more reasons, but here are the top three. 1) You have to scan on to something else every 15 mins or you were red flagged. If that happened, when the shop manager came in, the first thing he did was ask you what was taking you so long. Don't lie cause they watched your every move from the cameras. 2) Almost ZERO time off! It took forever to gain any PTO and when you asked to use a day you were almost definitely denied. Ex. This young man I worked with was trying to build a life for him and his soon to be wife who was expecting any moment. This young man moved from Mississippi to Texas because that what you have to do in order to take ANY promotion with them. All this man would talk about is saving all his PTO so when the baby is being born he can go and be with them. When the time finally came, mind you 8 months later, he was denied his time off because the OS ratio was too high!!! Mind you he never ever called out sick! Not even once! 3) Rush Rush Rush! Get it done fast fast fast! I was a well established mechanic, LEAD mechanic mind you for 10 years, when I started there. I never got hurt in the 10 years. At Fedex I got hurt so many times because they wanted everything done ASAP NO EXCUSES. I once caught my finger when a brake shoe slipped while I was trying to get a truck out too fast and I almost lost the tip of my finger. I had to rap up my finger in paper towel and electrical tape and when I reported this too the manager in the morning I was told "you will be in tomorrow right?" - több...
Munkahelyi kultúra
Remain on your toes at all time. Try not to believe all the things that are spoken and posted throughout the facilities,because it could be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Pro érvek
At appearing to be a caring company of employees and surrounding city's
Kontra érvek
Employees and surrounding city's of caring just to look in the public image
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a good place to work a lot of money to be made but the dumbest thing can get you fired security in very strict for coming in on walk ins a lot of times got to work alone on week ends which was nice boss is very relaxed and understands when you need time off
Pro érvek
many hours as wanted, people are very nice
security
Munkahelyi kultúra
In my opinion FedEx is a good company to work for. There are many things that do need work. The best positions belong to the drivers. They are the best compensated. My position is decent pay, but it does not nearly compensate for the amount of money that we have to invest in our tools for the job. The company offers no actual training for the jobs that are required. You learn as you go in most cases.For the most part management is easy going and very friendly as long as the work is getting done.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
no training, grade system, focus on competitions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Start the day off after clocking in on the PC. Read emails and communicate with vendors or management. The shop I worked in had 3 shifts so you would look at the write ups to see any turn overs that needed addressing. Start performing maintenance on assigned work or priority equipment to minimize down time. The toughest part of the job was working solo and not receiving training on newer complex systems. On bright side every day was a new challenge worked on everything supporting the ramp operation. This was not a repetitive do the same thing all the time job.
Pro érvek
Bravo Zulu meals to acknowledge superior performance.
Kontra érvek
The winter months in Chicago made working outside very difficult.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working in Singapore is like working in my home town as the culture, weather and lifestyle are almost the same. People and industrial are quite liberal, rational and with the compensation wise is still competitive compare to other country. Most companies I working with are american standard procedure in which easy to comply and employees benefits is reasonable. The hardest part of my job is when the aircraft is delayed or with trouble whereas we need to stay longer until declares as good to fly. The most enjoyable part of the job is never ending learning and training whereas we travel to different places.
Pro érvek
free lunch/dinner is overtime work
working rain or shine
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its all about the contractor, since there is no real paper trail and your paid with personal bank checks, there is no way to show how much you are really getting paid, the only person that knows is the contractor, and in my case they decided to cut my pay a LOT over a few months time, im talking from 650 a week.. to 150.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy New technology Great boss nice co-workers Summer time too hot working close to the temper furnace Heavy equipment learn new technology
Overtime
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for.I learned alot and was thankful for the experience.
great benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would have retired from Fedex if it weren't for a mass layoff.
pay and benefit package