Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: North Salt Lake, UT

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
24 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 441 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Prepare trailers. Start to load trailers as packages come down. The people are great to work with. The work is hard, and I enjoy that. The shifts are short. Sometimes too short. I understand this is because of the volume of packages, but it still is hard. This causes some uncertainty with start and end times. It's always different each day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like the work if it wasn't so demanding from the peers around you. Some safety things need to be looked at, if I were the hub manager I would baby-proof the hub because everything will hurt you if your not careful or not
Munkahelyi kultúra
About the only way one can typically advance to another position in this company is when somebody else leaves. For some positions, this can be very rarely. So, oftentimes, one is stuck in the same position with little hope of advancement for years and years until a position opens up. Then they better hope they are first in line for it and management likes them enough to let them have it. Sometimes, there can be dangerous work conditions. There are plenty of times where packages are tucked into the corners of trucks in such a way that you can only stand in an awkward and dangerous position to lift packages by yourself that could weigh 50-100 lbs or more. Then, while you're trying to figure out how to do things without hurting yourself, they're breathing down your neck to work faster and faster.
coordinated shift schedules, open 24 hours
Kontra érvek
the shift segments were at odd times and the factory completely stops around noon, awkward location for pedestrians, dangerous work conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fedex has good benefits but it is very hard and stressful work. It’s very physical work and most people tend to quit within two weeks. You are required to be able to constantly move at least 70 Pounds for hours. Benefits don’t kick in till you hit a thousand hours.
Constant work
No real breaks
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started off as a part-time Package Handler at FedEx, I learned how to properly demonstrate a structure of effective working strategies and techniques to execute daily tasks. I worked as a loader and quickly excelled in work productivity. I enjoyed the result-oriented management that I received at FedEx along with all the great trainings. FedEx enabled me to take pride in my work productivity, which helped me learn and grow as an employee. I became an Operations Manager for FedEx about ninety days after my hire. I worked a few short weeks as a Operations Manager before I resigned for an opportunity in a different industry. Overall, I learned many work related skills and enjoyed my time as a manager.
opportunity and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
hard part is pick the heavy box, keep push fast to finish and send to truck go to different local or state. it is really challenge. lot of people work different shift.
Pro érvek
free drink, free t-shirt, sweat, hat, key chain, etc.
Kontra érvek
no break time for part time, no benefit for 1 year then got benefit.
Munkahelyi kultúra
FedEx Ground is a very awesome place to work. They pay very well. They have raised the living wage a few times since I have started. They give you raises very often and Christmas bonuses from October to New Years. It goes very fast so you don't get bored and you don't fall asleep. It is very physical but your body adjusts after a few weeks and you get very strong. They throw us lots of little parties each month and give us tokens and little gift cards for the in-house stores that they have inside. Benefits coming quickly after a certain amount of hours. They have 4 part time shifts to choose from and you can combine any two to get full time hours. Often, there is no cap on overtime, so you can work as much as you like. You will never need to get two jobs ever again. The part time shifts are also good for those that just want to work part time. Lots of chances for advancement, they promote from within, so there are positions open almost every month. Managers and coworkers are wonderful and create a team atmosphere. Some managers might get more frazzled than others and lose their cool, but they have a lot to carry on their shoulders, where package handlers never get in trouble for anything, ever. There is a lot of job security here. The only thing that bugs me is I wish they cared more about talking to the people that do bare minimum, bad jobs and I wish that there were more ice machines. It does get hot in the summers, but each truck has a fan. Winters get cold, but you bundle up and take it off as you warm up. Most important thing is to keep - több...
Pro érvek
Caring company, Teamwork, Safety Orientated, Lots of raises and rewards, multiple advancement opportunities, unlimited overtime. It is EXTREMELY physical. Awesome exercise.
Kontra érvek
It gets hot or cold, some managers get stressed out, some people get away with doing bad jobs and don't get talked to. It is EXTREMELY physical
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at fedex. Felt like I always got a good workout everyday and stayed very productive. I like that they have a pool table and darts, nice way to get to know my coworkers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Had to work as fast as possible to move as many boxes as possible moving very heavy boxes around 2AM to 6AM. made 12.75 to start and got raises often with 0 work experience before coming. Boss was rude.
Paid well
Kontra érvek
Hard work, publicly compaired to other groups
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like driving to different places, I don't like to be on the road to long., and away from home. the people are great, management is great, trucks are clean.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Once you get the hang on to to build good walls, you maintain the flow. All the managers that have me help them are very happy to see me cause they know that I know what I'm doing and the know I will get the lights out.
Pro érvek
People are always willing to help
Kontra érvek
New mangement is really hard to work with but I help them
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for students, can be hard in the summer due to no air conditioning. But they do have fans inside the trailers at all times. Lots of manual labor but good job for part time college students.
Benifits
Hard work
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is a good place to work a lot of money to be made but the dumbest thing can get you fired security in very strict for coming in on walk ins a lot of times got to work alone on week ends which was nice boss is very relaxed and understands when you need time off
Pro érvek
many hours as wanted, people are very nice
security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Performance based job, with fast paced environment. Great HR department that does take care of it's employees. Great benefits not offered at most companies.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its Great place to get a workout. Get paid doing it. Its super fun and you get to meet a lot of new people. Management is great just remember to keep yourself hydrated.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pre load would start before the actual shift and we would get as much done as possible to make it easier for the actual shift. Once the shift started it would vary from minimal slow work to hectic and too much work for our area to handle. I learned you have to lift properly and stay safe because unloading a shifting trailer can be very dangerous and could lead to you getting seriously injured. Management wasn't necessarily bad but each area had too many superiors telling you different things at different times. Co-workers were always eager to help each other out and get the job done. The hardest part of the job for me personally was the fact that when on an unload team, it consists of 1 scanner/1 unloader/1 sorter. The unloader being the more strenous job of the three. In order to keep the workload even the three are "required" to switch jobs after each trailer is finished. Unloader switches with sorter "who begins unloading" then that unloader switches with scanner who then "begins to unload". This wasn't the case in my experience with FedEx. Sometimes the initial unloader was unable to change positions with other coworkers out of fear of the more inexperienced sorter or scanner being unable to perform the job as efficiently. This led to 1 unloader unloading consistently throughout the shift while others weren't made to unload, even though that was their "job title". The most enjoyable part for me was definitely the rewards we would get for performing well as a hub. We would have afterwork cookouts or other rewards for nobody being injured that month/year - több...
Rewards for performing well
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between employer and management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Physically demanding but rewarding job. Management was difficult at the best of times. Teamwork was a constant lesson to be learned here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
i worked at Fedex about 2 years and i really enjoys it because my manager and co-workers is really friendly, listen and they're flexible time for me to going to school.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday was constant work, stress, and meeting a lot of goals. I learned how to work under pressure and keep cool in those tough moments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work if you don't mind a physically straining job.
Benefits and pay
Enviorment
Munkahelyi kultúra
i enjoy my job at fed ex ground more than some do i am sure. I believe that reason is because i did not walk in applying for a job, just to get a job. I walked in wanting more than money but a place to constantly be working and shed the pounds off as i go. when i got started back out again on the floor it was better than i imagined the people are generally friendly, and the managers more than understanding of the needs or problems that their employees might not account for in life, i know that the job does come with some downers though. I constantly hurt, and I am always tired.The two negative things that I do have to say is that the schedule changes erratically and with very very little warning. and I do have to admit that the pay rates don't really justify the work we do everyday they could definitely raise everyone's pay
Pro érvek
great environment, and positive workout
Kontra érvek
Erratic schedule changes, not really the best of pay for the work we do