Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés itt: Grand Rapids, MI

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
30 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 447 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a part time dockworker for 3 years for Fedex freight. It was definitely a family atmosphere and if they had more full time positions available I would’ve stayed. The managers were cool and so were supervisors. I got along with all my co workers. The only tough part is that the dock has no climate control. Super hot in summer and freezing in the winter. Even if your part time they offer full medical benefits and 401k
Munkahelyi kultúra
Starting out at FedEx is quite positive simply because as a new hire one wants to please and impress management. The more a person is willing to do the more positive the response. Once settled in, as long as ideas and performance match company profile all is well. Any deviation from the company line marks one as a malcontent. It can be a very exclusionary environment especially if you are older.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company and great management team they are easy going very helpful and respectful staff and management. Duties to enter data and answer phones.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Horrible leadership and management. I have had a lot of issues here since i have started in March. It is more so a boring culture with a lot of lazy workers.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work a little physical nice people nice new building they are honest people an willing to help along the ways job hours could be better timing tho
Pro érvek
Great people nice builing good pay
Early start time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work for FedEx Freight in Grand Rapids, MI. This job is easy for the money. When you first start you will be on a fremont bid or extraboard(extraboard is not like other companies were you sleep in hotels, at fedex you are home everyday.) as a road driver i work monday night thru saturday morning. Home every single day(i run extraboard) top out in pay at 3 years and get cost of living raises every October. Top out is 28.85 an hour and .68 cents a mile
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Fedex wasn't a great experience for me, but not because the way the company was ran was bad. It was bad, because of the culture of the specific location I worked at
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the job can be stressful with the amount of packages that come. However, the job isn't very difficult, it can be frustrating when you get put in a busy trailer and then you can see other employees not very busy, and it's irritating that everyone gets paid the same regardless of the quality of work. All in all FedEx is a good part time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fabulous job . . . Darn the economy. I took the Region Trainer position as a dream job come true. I was in a position to write and train new material for one of the largest companies on earth (at the time) I was training all the new hires, which was a two week process. During down time I would work on a team developing new material on new subjects that our society was facing. We were always forward thinking. Unfortunately, the economy took a turn for the worse, gas prices skyrocketed and large companies had to cut back everywhere they could. Unfortunately, that meant 90% of HR across the US was slashed. That dream job I loved so much was gone in just 11 month. Not a total loss, I learned so much!
Pro érvek
Internation, forward thinking, mentoring, compensation, team work
Laid off
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was great hourly though it was part time, the pay was good and the insurance was even better. only reason i left was for full time and more money if i had a choice i would have stayed
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many opportunities to get extra hours. Need to be focused and detail oriented. Very physical job. The people who work there are very dedicated. End work times are not set as you constantly deal with weather, sick calls and mechanical issues.
Pro érvek
Decent pay & benefits, good people, work outdoors
long days, work-life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
The leadership is different between contractors. Barrette Inc was one of the worst managed companies that I have worked for. They did not believe in working together as a team. They did not provide me or others with the right equipment to do our job. I had to fix my own truck when broke. I had to teach myself to be efficient. If you believe that I am just angry at this company then please by all means go find out for yourself. They money was good. No benefits at all. No paid time off. No sick days paid. Very fast pace. If you are a good self started and like to work Saturdays and six days a week during the holidays, then this job is for you. During the peak season I worked very hard six days a week. I had no life.
Pro érvek
Money, the faster you get your route done the sooner you go home.
Kontra érvek
No paid holidays. No paid time off. No benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Express is great, you are an appreciated asset, only part time. Ground is good to work for, but you are hired by a contractor Freight is full time and pays good, just not appreciated and sometimes (winter) 14 hr days
pay
Not appreciated
Munkahelyi kultúra
This company is a great if your in the right location or city but the work culture is not as fair as it seems to put on. I started out as a part time dock worker and begin the driver apprentice program and have been a driver for 12 plus years. While being a driver I completed my Bachelors Degree in Business Management and since I have not been provided an opportunity for advancement while others around me have, even though they do not have my LTL experience, seniority or my educational background. Instead I have been told to apply outside my center in order to give myself a chance at advancement. Relocation is not in the cards at this point in time but others who have been promoted in my same center did not have to transfer or relocate. There has not been a driver promoted within the last ten years at my center.
Pay, Stock options
Management, Leadership, Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are a number of different departments that you can work in (Van Line, Inbound Unload, Outbound Unload, Administration, etc.) Most of the management team is respectful of the employees...a few bad apples though.
Insurance Benefits, Pto
Hard on the body
Munkahelyi kultúra
FedEx is a great environment to work with good benefits and training. Overall a great company with great intentions for customer needs. Very kind and hard working staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Large corporation with clear procedures and structured work environment. Manual labor required. Reliable job with consistent hours in a fast paced workplace.
Pro érvek
Fast paced work environment, structured processes
Large company/impersonal, late hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at FedEx is fast paced and the company does pay towards the top of the LTL companies. There is always a phone to be answered, freight to put on a truck, a pickup to be made, or a bill to be entered. The company politics and some employees of this location is its major downfall. There is a lot of ego personalities among drivers who think they are the best. The current management is a little off, many examples of management going to specific people for information wanting names if they are unhappy so they can haul them in the office. Doesn't seem the complaints are explained or changed; instead it's a matter of who said it. The company was much better before FedEx took over; Watkins was great, with great people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start and has big time potential. Can move anywhere in the Country and keep moving up in the ranks. Little incentives here and there to motivate you to do your job right and I like that.
benefits being part timer
Not full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is not enough to live, little hours, terrible management promotions only given to close friends or relatives of higher ups. Equipment barely works. You will regret applying.
Benefits, tuition reimbursment
Munkahelyi kultúra
typical day is long, 10-14 hours. management doesn't really care about personal family issues. most enjoyable part was the pay check..its just a job in the end.