Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Freight Handler

85 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 442 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall a decent place to work, though it does take a lot of mental and physical 'getting used to,' and is not for the easily-tired or frustrated. The work is laborious, but the pay is good enough to where you actually can build a savings if you're smart. Overall, it doesn't require much, and doing the job is easier than explaining it.

But, that being said, I'd be dishonest if I didn't include incompetent coworkers, and even less competent supervisors. As I said, it's like a cross between a high school locker room and a plantation, because the word "professionalism" has little to no actual meaning on the work floor, but "nepotism" certainly does. You honestly have to wonder how any of these people not only still have jobs, but if they actually need help getting dressed in the mornings/evenings before they start their shifts. Everyone's constantly talking about everything *except* the job, and you get labelled "anti-social" or whatever if you just show up and actually do what you're paid to do, instead of chatting incessantly about sports and other inappropriate topics, including various forms of harassment. Supervisors and higher-ups don't care; most are actually in on it! Bad attitudes, arrogance, hubris, and childish behavior all around. If you have a short fuse, I would highly suggest not debasing yourself here, but if you're willing to tough it out long enough until you can do better, certainly do so. Just don't expect any recognition for actually doing the job well consistently, and be prepared to have to deal with people who clearly peaked in high school.
Pro érvek
Decent pay, a semblance of job security, an 'essential job'
Kontra érvek
Poor management, nepotism, bad attitudes, general disrespect/disregard for subordinates, 'inclusivity' only in name
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Great pay, opportunities for advancement, affordable healthcare, set schedule. You only work Monday-Friday with all major holidays off.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My supervisor worked with all of us to make sure we understood the work. If there is ever an issue, they come to you directly and calmly. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
FedEx Freight is an good job with great pay and benefits, however it can be stressful at times and a bit overwhelming. The job is not difficult, but you definitely need to remain prompt and consistent. Moving freight around all day with a forklift may sound easy, but there is more to it. Attention to detail is crucial and you are required to run 6 bills per hour. Management is very strict and they have their eyes open, you don't want to get called back for corrective errors. Bottom line, move at a consistent rate, pay attention and dress accordingly to weather as you are exposed to the elements in the dock area.
Pro érvek
Good pay and room for full time advancement (if you are part time)
Kontra érvek
Some supervisors aren't so helpful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive day is busy, I've learned a lot of different duties working for them, The management is good in informing you of new events and whats going on for the month. The people you work with are friendly and have a lot knowledge that can help you get through your day
good pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place to work, however it is very hard to get full-time. I enjoy the pay and the workplace however needing more hours. Bosses are great too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great experience and very fast paced. I was the way a corporation should be ran. Just a little more added pay would be the best sitation depending on the time you work there.
Fast paced
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Drive and operate a forklift for 4 hours a day to move pallets and merchandise onto trailers. Stocking and lifting weight from 50-100 pounds around the warehouse. The best part about the job is having a good support group within the team that makes the work day go by much smoother. The hardest part about the job is working your hardest to get the job done right and not being appreciated for all the work and effort that I put in. It is a very labor intensive job but the hours are not a good fit and it's hard to get more if needed.
1 10 Minute Break
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good job all the people are great managers are great. My job was simple and easy hours were good they listen to what you have to say. And they pay good.
Good people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Just about everyone that I've come in contact with has been relaxed and cool, nice place to work, and I love the store that they have every Friday. Opportunities for career growth is definitely there.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The North Salt Lake Location (NSL) has very low morale.

This is because this location has a 6.4 bill per hour quota for this location. Meaning all freight handlers are expected to move 6.4 bills an hour regardless of how many handling units (palettes i.e. skids) are on the bill.

Bills can have 1 handling unit or anywhere up to 24+ but they are treated the same. You get the same amount of credit for moving the 1 vs moving 24.

Other service centers have a lower and more reasonable bills per hour such as 4.

Bills per hour are treated here like the end all be all.

Managers pay lip service to safety procedures and securing freight properly but at the end of the day the only thing that matters to them is the bill count number next to your employee name in the computer (they monitor your performance by the hour).

If you are falling short of the 6.4 bills per hour expect to be confronted multiple times throughout your shift by a junior manager expecting an explanation for your low performance.

(Note for Fulltime employees: mandatory overtime is sprung on them in the final hours of their shift multiple times a week.)

Recent changes to the North Salt Lake Service Center as of November 2018:

The Old manager that was well liked and respected recently transferred out of state.

(Upper management mentioned he was too nice and things are going to change around here!)

NEW RULE is you must get permission from a supervisor and sign in/out for your ONE and ONLY 10 minute break! Not to be confused with your lunch break which is mandatory to take at 6 hours into your shift. If
 - több...
Pro érvek
Get good a driving a forklift in a short amount of time, Weekly pay, 16$ starting pay with no experience, They will hire anyone. Most co-workers are cool, Some lower level managers are decent people.
Kontra érvek
Senior management is militant about the bills per hour, High risk of injury, The work is hard on your body, Mandatory overtime, Only one 10 minute break, Very low morale, redundant daily meetings, high turnover, hardwork goes unnoticed.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked for 5 years at the sgf center consistently treated poorly, poor management, lack of care for employees safety and well being, they don't make people take responsibility for there actions and poor work ethic.
Decent pay.
Kontra érvek
Management, physical and mental stress, unsafe working conditions
Munkahelyi kultúra
Awesome part time job! DON'T expect to be full time unless you apply for a driver or supervisor position. Fast paced and dirty but fun.
No room for advancement but the pay is much better than their competitors pay.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Hard to advance due to lack of positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like it an I would recommend working here it’s is a nice relaxed job with cool co workers an mangement all working together it has been good to me so far
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have only worked at FedEx freight for a few weeks but I'm stressed out. The job is very fast paced with a lot to do in a very short amount of time. Not to mention the computer documentation that you have to fill out every time you open and close a tailor which slows you down. My FedEx is small with two freight handlers and and one supervisor. But there in lays the problem, the supervisor and my co-worker are hot headed and are always clashing with each other. And supervisor likes to yell at people, I guess he thinks that if he yells more people will take him seriously. I was barely trained how to do the job and how to use the forklift, the person who was supposed to train me was a flake and barely showed up to train me. And even when he did show up he fairly trained me. And then they expect you to work fast even though you were barely trained. And some people display very unsafe practices with their fork lift.

Honestly your experiences with FedEx may be different depending on which city you live in. But the Flagstaff center has some things wrong with it.
Good pay, Benefits
Kontra érvek
High stress level, poor training.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really enjoyed being a freight mover. This job was fast paced and fun. Enjoyed competing against other employees to be the most accurate and fastest freight mover.
Fun and enjoyable
Exposure to weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, good people, everybody gets along and is helpful for the most part. Great pay for part time and even part-time employees get health, dental, vision insurance and 401k.
Good pay
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked fedex part time as a college student. I received great pay and decent hours for what I needed to balance my schooling and work. The management their is fair and respectful. A decent work environment but definitely be prepared for the weather as you are working on a dock.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job. hard work. had to leave because it was no longer compatible with my school schedule. the weather conditions were rough at times but overall it was a good job
good pay
Kontra érvek
not compatible with school schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
being able to have a part time job that still offers pension and all the other benefits is a good fit for someone like myself that is willing to work a few more hours in a day
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked for Fed Ex Smart Post the pay was very low. Now I work for Fed Ex Freight and I am loving it. we get a great pay increase every 90 days.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés