Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Dock Worker

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
608 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 442 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here all the way through college, the hourly pay is great! The hours are not. They will tell you up front that they will give you 30 hours a week and for being a college student, that was more than perfect for me. Little did I know, those 30 hours were more like 15. This is a good job for a high school kid that is still living at home with his parents or for someone looking to supplement their income on top of a full tome job.
Pro érvek
Great people, great management, great pay
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I ultimately ended up getting fired. Regardless of that I learned so much in the year and a half I worked there. I always brought the best to the table. Some dock workers were extremely dumb. No complaints
Munkahelyi kultúra
You unload and load trailers of freight at a fast pace. The hardest part of the job is weather conditions as you work on an open dock. Good pay, benefits. Chances to move up, always looking for truck drivers and they provide training.
Benefits, pay
weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Great environment. Rewarding work. Great chance to meet new people and learn new things. Comfortable environment. Great chance to help people.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Verify documentation matches freight and document incoming and outgoing freight. Unload, sort, stack, and identify all products to maximize space and weight distribution. Verifying the contents of freight shipments Communicate well with co-workers, freight carriers, and management, pay excellent attention to detail, and have basic math and counting skills Workplace Culture is face paced but relaxed as well. Able to work under pressure. There aren't any hard parts of the job it takes focus and detailed attention to daily tasks I learned the importance of working successfully with a team of people.
Team Work
Short Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supervisors are stressed out about numbers that they get upset and send you home if (you aren't pulling your weight ) was trained for only fork lift, other things like the clamp and barrel attachment was figure out from other employees. Just an over all toxic environment for me.
Pay
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at FedEx Freight full-time for more than 4 years Pros The pay is great. This company really cares about their employees. Once a year they would get grills and cook everybody steak on the dock. Cons Have to work in all weather conditions. If it 10 degrees outside its going to be -10 degrees on the dock. If it's a 100 degrees outside it's going to be 120 degrees on the dock.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay and benefits are good but management could be better. No communication about new procedures. Man power poorly utilized. Overtime most days without warning. Extreme heat and cold but overall a very good company to work for
Pay and benefits
Managemteam
Munkahelyi kultúra
FedEx fast page high volume place to work. Got to unload airplanes and load up airplanes in a timely manner for 10pm departure. Everyone got along and work as a team.
Traveling
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy working here probably the funniest and most laid back job i've ever had. my only complaint is that the work times aren't that great as they require you to be up at 3-4am in the morning depending on how far you live for the hub.
Pro érvek
good pay for little work
very early work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Typical day includes starting around 9 am. The summers usually start way later as decent weather means way more freight to move. Though it's not policy, being at such a small center allowed me to keep my same truck every single day and almost always had the same route. This meant I got to know customers very well. FedEx Freight only guarantees 30 hours of work per week. So getting hours during the winter was sometimes a struggle. The manager and supervisor were super attentive to personal matters as well as safety matters. I left due to a misunderstanding, but still left on good terms. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.
Pro érvek
Had same tractor and trailer almost every day (except when PM was needed), Got to know customers very well, Co-workers really looked out for one another
Kontra érvek
If you don't have seniority, don't even bother asking for specific days off when someone else has that day off already.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best company I've ever worked for. I was part time on the outbound dock. Management is helpful and experienced. Hours are flexable for the most part. Room to advance at the facility or transfer to another. Full benifits offered to part time employees. Great benifits package blue cross blue shield, delta dental, Davis vision, and vanguard 401k.
Benfits, pay, flexable hours
Part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fedex can have the potential to be a GREAT working environment, but unfortunately with management that's impossible. Nobody take's responsibility for they're mistakes and overall no one works as a team.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been with FedEx Freight for almost five years now and it’s definitely one of the best places I’ve been able to work at! Would recommend to anyone.
Benefits, pays, stocks
Hours, times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced and hectic at times.To many people working on such a small dock.never liked it from day 1 that truck drivers were allowed on dock to perform our work!management only cares about themselves.All ememployees got along well.supervisors were nice.
Good money and benefits.
Kontra érvek
Fast pace and you have to watch yourself at all times while on a forklift.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You basically perform the same duties on a daily basis but each day brings new challenges and tasks. You can have a certain amount of bills one day and either more or less the rest. Its a great culture and environment to be apart of.
goals and constant work
slow spans
Munkahelyi kultúra
Over all a good place to work, Management is very fair and they're willing to work with your hours.I like the fact that I'm not micro managed and I'm always thanked for doing my job.
Pro érvek
Pay is ok, benefits good
Kontra érvek
Hard to get full time and if you get it start time is midnight.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very high pace on forklift need to unload and load freight with accuracy it is very challenging but pays wells at the end of the day you feel that you accomplished your goals .
Have weekends off / Pays well
Kontra érvek
Some benefits could be better like the medical insurance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You Basically have to be there Bit%^ not to get targeted or picked on. The bosses will do things against policy or try to have you do things against policy and if you do not do it, your automatically a target to eliminate or pick on.
Pay
Managment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Different ways on doing things but for the benefit of the employee as well as the effiecentcy to accomidate with the minimum bills per hour requirement.
Pro érvek
Livable wages, freindly enviroment, safe above all.
Kontra érvek
Noisy, dirty, harsh conditions for enviroment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A joy to go to work at 3am every morning,management were great to work for and with a good thing that the manager would do some mornings was cook breakfast,hardest part of job was if a truck came in with freight damaged in side
breakfast