FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Dock Worker

650 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 674 értékelés megtekintése
fedex
Dockworker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, május 22.
I worked at FedEx Freight full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The pay is great. This company really cares about their employees. Once a year they would get grills and cook everybody steak on the dock.

Cons

Have to work in all weather conditions. If it 10 degrees outside its going to be -10 degrees on the dock. If it's a 100 degrees outside it's going to be 120 degrees on the dock.
Good pay weak mgmt
Full -Time Dock Worker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2019, május 22.
Pay and benefits are good but management could be better. No communication about new procedures. Man power poorly utilized. Overtime most days without warning. Extreme heat and cold but overall a very good company to work for
Pay and benefits
Managemteam
High pace.
Handler/ Dockworker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2019, május 17.
FedEx fast page high volume place to work. Got to unload airplanes and load up airplanes in a timely manner for 10pm departure. Everyone got along and work as a team.
Traveling
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun laid back work place
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Akron, OH2019, május 15.
I really enjoy working here probably the funniest and most laid back job i've ever had. my only complaint is that the work times aren't that great as they require you to be up at 3-4am in the morning depending on how far you live for the hub.
Pro érvek
good pay for little work
very early work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Close knit group at small center
City Driver/Dock Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Farmington, NM2019, május 6.
Typical day includes starting around 9 am. The summers usually start way later as decent weather means way more freight to move. Though it's not policy, being at such a small center allowed me to keep my same truck every single day and almost always had the same route. This meant I got to know customers very well. FedEx Freight only guarantees 30 hours of work per week. So getting hours during the winter was sometimes a struggle.

The manager and supervisor were super attentive to personal matters as well as safety matters. I left due to a misunderstanding, but still left on good terms. I would go back in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.
Pro érvek
Had same tractor and trailer almost every day (except when PM was needed), Got to know customers very well, Co-workers really looked out for one another
Kontra érvek
If you don't have seniority, don't even bother asking for specific days off when someone else has that day off already.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work freight side
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Huntsville, AL2019, április 23.
Best company I've ever worked for. I was part time on the outbound dock. Management is helpful and experienced. Hours are flexable for the most part. Room to advance at the facility or transfer to another. Full benifits offered to part time employees. Great benifits package blue cross blue shield, delta dental, Davis vision, and vanguard 401k.
Benfits, pay, flexable hours
Part time
1,0
Stressful Environment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Orlando, FL2019, április 22.
Fedex can have the potential to be a GREAT working environment, but unfortunately with management that's impossible. Nobody take's responsibility for they're mistakes and overall no one works as a team.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Pays good, as are the benefits
Dockworker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lowell, AR2019, április 17.
I have been with FedEx Freight for almost five years now and it’s definitely one of the best places I’ve been able to work at! Would recommend to anyone.
Benefits, pays, stocks
Hours, times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hectic place to work.had to be focused everyday when on the dock.
Dockworker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roseville, MN2019, április 12.
Fast paced and hectic at times.To many people working on such a small dock.never liked it from day 1 that truck drivers were allowed on dock to perform our work!management only cares about themselves.All ememployees got along well.supervisors were nice.
Good money and benefits.
Kontra érvek
Fast pace and you have to watch yourself at all times while on a forklift.
Never same day twice
Dock Worker/Forklift Certified (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Summit, IL2019, április 10.
You basically perform the same duties on a daily basis but each day brings new challenges and tasks. You can have a certain amount of bills one day and either more or less the rest. Its a great culture and environment to be apart of.
goals and constant work
slow spans
I approve
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, NY2019, április 4.
Over all a good place to work, Management is very fair and they're willing to work with your hours.I like the fact that I'm not micro managed and I'm always thanked for doing my job.
Pro érvek
Pay is ok, benefits good
Kontra érvek
Hard to get full time and if you get it start time is midnight.
Fast Pace
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2019, március 27.
Very high pace on forklift need to unload and load freight with accuracy it is very challenging but pays wells at the end of the day you feel that you accomplished your goals .
Have weekends off / Pays well
Kontra érvek
Some benefits could be better like the medical insurance.
Poor Management
Dockworker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Windsor Locks, CT2019, március 23.
You Basically have to be there Bit%^ not to get targeted or picked on. The bosses will do things against policy or try to have you do things against policy and if you do not do it, your automatically a target to eliminate or pick on.
Pay
Managment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall job experience is very competative as well as educational.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tucson, AZ2019, március 23.
Different ways on doing things but for the benefit of the employee as well as the effiecentcy to accomidate with the minimum bills per hour requirement.
Pro érvek
Livable wages, freindly enviroment, safe above all.
Kontra érvek
Noisy, dirty, harsh conditions for enviroment.
fun
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  New Castle, DE2019, március 20.
A joy to go to work at 3am every morning,management were great to work for and with a good thing that the manager would do some mornings was cook breakfast,hardest part of job was if a truck came in with freight damaged in side
breakfast
bad incoming truck
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job itself was ok but the hours and management was not as good as should be
Dock Worker (Part-Time Job) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2019, március 17.
I was a Dock Worker, Part-Time. They text you while your sleeping each early morning to tell you what time to come in, I kid you not! We would be texted around 3:30 AM from management to know what time we must come in that morning. Very unprofessional, especially because most of the time it was a 1 hour time-frame between the time they texted you and the time you had to be there which was very unfair and unreasonable.

Also - the hours for Part-Time Dock Workers varied greatly from day to day. You never really know what time you will be coming in each morning and you never really know what time you will be getting off.

Some weeks I would get 20+ hours and some weeks i would get 10- hours, I am not exaggerating, this was how it was at the Rockford, IL FedEx Freight.

The pay was really good, 20 bucks an hour after 1 year of being there, and they do provide Full Medical Benefits for Part-Time Dock Workers.

Overall, it was an ok job, a lot of people seemed stressed out though but this is not personally related to FedEx.. Freight Dock Workers are pushed to be as fast as possible without making any mistakes in order to get Freight delivered on time. This is the main culprit for woerks getting stressed out. For me, i never got stressed because I keep myself in check and never take it out on others, its not right to do that, Unfortunately..some people haven't learned that yet.
Pay and Medical Benefits
Never know start/end time per day - Managment was inconsistent
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Na
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Henderson, CO2019, március 13.
Environment is dirty and dusty. Can be very hot or cold depending on season. Work can be very dangerous at times because of the machines that are around
2,0
No opportunity for advancement
Dock Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Charles, MO2019, március 7.
I worked here for 8 years and since mike ducker and others that have been running operations for decades all leaving.Fedex will loose ground due to amazon. If they don’t like you they target you and treat you poorly.The employees make outlandish sometimes racist comments all day and they use profanity continuously.Pay is good but the culture and atmosphere has gone down.If management thinks you Will surpass them they will try to block you in anyway for advancement.Freight is constantly being damaged,our terminal is a mess.They hire uneducated people off the street to run operations and they are destroying the company.
Good pay
Bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Fast paced work envirment
Dockworker/Hostler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Richfield, OH2019, március 5.
Use forklift to unload and load trailers. Early morning or afternoon hours. Part time mostly. Good starting pay with several raises in the first year. Hardest part of the day is having to recoop a trailer.
2,0
Poor
Dock Worker (Volt alkalmazott) –  Virginia2019, március 4.
If you're not their preference it'd be a tough place to work stay under the management radar you might be alright. ...................................
Money is good
Alot
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van