Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

FedEx-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Dock Worker

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
608 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 22 439 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here all the way through college, the hourly pay is great! The hours are not. They will tell you up front that they will give you 30 hours a week and for being a college student, that was more than perfect for me. Little did I know, those 30 hours were more like 15. This is a good job for a high school kid that is still living at home with his parents or for someone looking to supplement their income on top of a full tome job.
Pro érvek
Great people, great management, great pay
Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a Dock Worker, Part-Time. They text you while your sleeping each early morning to tell you what time to come in, I kid you not! We would be texted around 3:30 AM from management to know what time we must come in that morning. Very unprofessional, especially because most of the time it was a 1 hour time-frame between the time they texted you and the time you had to be there which was very unfair and unreasonable. Also - the hours for Part-Time Dock Workers varied greatly from day to day. You never really know what time you will be coming in each morning and you never really know what time you will be getting off. Some weeks I would get 20+ hours and some weeks i would get 10- hours, I am not exaggerating, this was how it was at the Rockford, IL FedEx Freight. The pay was really good, 20 bucks an hour after 1 year of being there, and they do provide Full Medical Benefits for Part-Time Dock Workers. Overall, it was an ok job, a lot of people seemed stressed out though but this is not personally related to FedEx.. Freight Dock Workers are pushed to be as fast as possible without making any mistakes in order to get Freight delivered on time. This is the main culprit for woerks getting stressed out. For me, i never got stressed because I keep myself in check and never take it out on others, its not right to do that, Unfortunately..some people haven't learned that yet.
Pay and Medical Benefits
Never know start/end time per day - Managment was inconsistent
Munkahelyi kultúra
Environment is dirty and dusty. Can be very hot or cold depending on season. Work can be very dangerous at times because of the machines that are around
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for 8 years and since mike ducker and others that have been running operations for decades all leaving.Fedex will loose ground due to amazon. If they don’t like you they target you and treat you poorly.The employees make outlandish sometimes racist comments all day and they use profanity continuously.Pay is good but the culture and atmosphere has gone down.If management thinks you Will surpass them they will try to block you in anyway for advancement.Freight is constantly being damaged,our terminal is a mess.They hire uneducated people off the street to run operations and they are destroying the company.
Good pay
Bad management
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Use forklift to unload and load trailers. Early morning or afternoon hours. Part time mostly. Good starting pay with several raises in the first year. Hardest part of the day is having to recoop a trailer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you're not their preference it'd be a tough place to work stay under the management radar you might be alright. ...................................
Money is good
Alot
Munkahelyi kultúra
Due to the expansive nature of the Fedex trade network and their hub and spoke model of distribution it's hard to beat Fedex when it comes to shipping or learning the trade. The culture is intensely productivity and safety centric which aids in developing the skills that one can use in any sort of job involving logistics or transportation. Corporate management is conservative and a bit monolithic, however, the local management has always been outstanding.
Scheduling
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was recently let go due to conflicts with my schedule, which was on me for trying to put so much on my plate. Even though with that being said, Fed Ex took really good care of me, and I will always be thankful.
Pro érvek
Good pay, good benefits, good people.
Kontra érvek
Weather can make life on the dock difficult.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great pay, great chance for advancement. I wish I would have stayed here, I would currently be making $30 an hour and all I would have had to do was drive a truck
advancement, compensation, agreeable hours
Kontra érvek
weather exposure, stress, dirty, part time hours until you advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay and benefits are real good the only thing that is no good is no vacations and no hours over 40 or more...………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
good pay and benetfits
Kontra érvek
no vacations and low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job is very good as a part time employee it is not stable with getting hours. The supervisors are very good with working with school schedules and help out a lot.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very poor, if they even bother to show up for work. Co workers are rude and conceited. Hardly any hours to go around. Extremely lazy staff!
Kontra érvek
Be prepared for anyone with seniority to take credit for your work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management could be better. I loved working with the people there. Fun environment and fast paced. Fun to drive around on the lifts. Enjoyed my co-workers.
Lunches
Little break time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast pace environment must be able to make hourly quota, lift and reassemble some messed up trucks that come in from out of state. Good pay but winters are extremely cold on the dock.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am a hard worker, Good Attendance, Dependable, Great Attitude, I've been a temp worker going on 4 years now but now i need a full-time job with benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good coworkers in a fast work paced environment. Some supervisors are okay. Some of the older guys will not pick every single thing they see whiether it’s over time or anything at all. Overall good job though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most people at each others throats over workload and work process. Management unreliable, confusing, and only looking out for themselves. Each individual member of management have their own agenda on how and what needs to be done.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was a nice place to work, however my position was only part-time, with no offer for more hours. It wasn't enough to live on, so I had to leave to get more hours.
It was good exercise.
Kontra érvek
Poor temp control on the dock. Hot in summer, freezing in winter.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A day on the dock at FedEx Freight fast paced I got to learn how to use a forklift you have to manage your time on the dock usually a team environment. The hardest part of the job was battling the cold weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is riding the forklift.
Forklift
Bad weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was great hourly though it was part time, the pay was good and the insurance was even better. only reason i left was for full time and more money if i had a choice i would have stayed
Munkahelyi kultúra
FedEx is a great place to work. You have benefits the second you walk in th door even through training. You acquire PTO on an hourly basis. They pay very well even for part time employees.
Pay
Kontra érvek
Uncontrollable climate must dress appropriately