FedEx Alkalmazotti bírálat

19 398 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 19 411 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very productive and fun place with a fast pace to work at.
Senior Customer Agent (Volt alkalmazott) –  Las Cruces, NM2019, április 17.
Working with customer service and solving pkg problems everyday making sure we get the pkgs delivered on time every time. working with the delivery drivers making sure they have correct address and working with customer at the counter sending out pkgs or picking up pkgs.
Excellent benefits with Fedex
Kontra érvek
The pay raises were not very noticeable
FedEx
Operations Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinsburg, WV2019, április 17.
A typical day at work involved looking at the planned and forecasted volume and making staffing decisions based off of the plan. Intense environment, but potential for development and advancement is high.
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Road Driver (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Clairsville, OH2019, április 17.
Mutual Respect is the cornerstone of this great company...supervisors being overly assertive and disrespectful to drivers is not tolerated. The CEO and all managers in the entire company flowchart realize drivers are the lifeblood of Fedex being a well respected leader in their industry and treat them with the dignity and respect they've earned to be part of the Fedex team.
Great Company
Long Hours
Great company
Production coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cary, NC2019, április 17.
Shift work( 3rd ) in my case was difficult on the body rest/sleep it is face pace and most of the time team driven great benefits package but you earn it
SECURITY
OFFICE POLITICS
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Pays good, as are the benefits
Dockworker (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lowell, AR2019, április 17.
I have been with FedEx Freight for almost five years now and it’s definitely one of the best places I’ve been able to work at! Would recommend to anyone.
Benefits, pays, stocks
Hours, times
It’s a good job overall
Warehouse Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Niskayuna, NY2019, április 17.
Dress for the weather, in the winter the factory is freezing In the summer is hot, training is boring but it’s payed so it’s worth it. It’s a great job with great benefits
The Pay
The weather
Munkahelyi kultúra
Challenging with advancement over a large period of time
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Beltsville, MD2019, április 16.
Working at Fedex is a very fast paced job where you are evaluated by performance with varying work loads compared to others. The management is required to reach a specific quota per day so some days you may have to work faster or help with other coworkers if needed. The management is a bit disorganized and you may get sent to different sessions depending if you are needed there. A typical day at work involves signing in at a required time, hearing the quota for the day, getting scanners ready, and working with coworkers to achieve the task. The workplace culture strives for safety but coworkers may get frustrated and adversely affect the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done early and having a small break in between. Typically, workers are required to stack packages along a conveyor belt and load them into a truck in a symmetrical fashion. I learned how to be efficient and mange tasks effectively in a given amount of time which is a good skill to have.
Occasional free lunch
Noisy environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun work place
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pasco, WA2019, április 16.
its a fun place to work because its competitive place and a fast place work. the hardest part of the job is when there is a lot of packages coming in and it could get a little hectic. the most enjoyable part of the job is having a team member help you when you need it.
great place to work
Road Driver (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Las Vegas, NV2019, április 16.
fed ex is one of the better employers. The only union jobs at UPS pay more. Its a comfomfotabe environment to work in. Its the best Job thatbI have ever had in my life. I would highly recommend Fed Ex to anyone interested in having a job that pays well and an employer thay you can retire with
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very busy shop but incorrect repairing procedures
Diesel Mechanic (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Irving, TX2019, április 16.
Be at fedex almost 20 yrs. Just need a new start and better wages. Have had a good carrer with fedex but there are not enough opportunities for advancement.
Good benefits
Bad shop managers
Fast paced, fun
Administrative Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, április 16.
Relaxed work environment. No strict dress code. Lots of free company memorabilia. Payday every Friday but the checks are usually in on Thursdays. Lots of different personalities and a great company for employing the elderly.
Flexible schedule, weekly pay
Lot of work
1,0
Please do better FedEx
Distribution and Driver Supervisor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Norcross, GA2019, április 16.
FedEx Ground is a terrible company to work for you may want to do you research on them before you apply to them. For the work their employees/drivers do there's no reason they shouldn't offer their employees benefits, overtime, 401k, or at least a small benefit plan. Someone in corporate should really consider making sure that everyone is taken care of and not just the contractors. I had to leave the company because contractors started shortening my checks and making excuses for why they couldn't pay me for work that had already been done. That's completely unacceptable and very unorganized company from a big name company like this.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
very fast paced hard manual labor
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, április 16.
Up too early 4am. hard strenuous lifting. not enough workers, they don't show up for work, and do bare minimum. Management is poor. you don't work enough hours therefore pay is terrible especially for the hard work you do.
not enough hours
Warehouse Associate (Volt alkalmazott) –  Independence, KY2019, április 16.
They would literally hire way too many people. Even though people quit often but then the people who did stay were not getting hours and then after peak season was over the pay decreased and it just wasn't worth it anymore.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to work for
Package Handler (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rialto, CA2019, április 16.
It is loud dusty and dirty but a good place to work for great benefits and time off if you have earned it would be nice if they knew what was going on more
Free food
Kontra érvek
Short break and sometimes short work hours
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible place to work too many jobsworth managers
HGV Class 1 Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bristol2019, április 16.
Worked there for over 9 years to begin with was a good job but declined over the years especially when they were buying TNT I was buillied into changes they forced through no work/life balance they played worker against worker treating one more favourably divide and conquer I was sacked at the second attempt
No longer working at FedEx
No work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy physical labor ruined by poor leadership
Package Handler (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2019, április 16.
A typical day as a FedEx package handler depends on what position you work in, as it is a blanket title for all employees at a sort facility except for managers and QA. You could be unloading trailers, scanning boxes, manning a sort tower, loading delivery vehicles, or moving NCs, which is the term for anything that is too large or too heavy (75 to 150 pounds) to go on the conveyor belts. Nothing is particularly complicated, though it does take time to get settled in to new positions. It is also quite the workout, though some positions are more physical than others.

Compensation wise, FedEx is okay. The starting pay is decent, but the benefits are great. From the start, you get access to things like discounts from various businesses and tuition reimbursement. After you put in 1000 hours, you also become eligible for their health plan. For reference, I paid about $25/month for a plan that included medical, dental, vision, and mental health. My big complaint here is that it takes so long to become eligible. Since they try to keep shifts to 4 hours or less, it takes a while to reach 1000.

The shifts, themselves, depend on what location you are at. Hubs, supposedly, gave you the option to work full-time and had more shifts to choose from. I, however, worked at a smaller sort facility that was limited to part-time for package handlers and only offered two shifts, early morning (2am start) or night (6pm start). I had other obligations in the evening, so I was limited to mornings. This could be a deal breaker for some as it can be brutal starting at 2am every day, or sometimes
  több... earlier during peak season.

Now time for my rant on leadership.

Company-wide, there are things that changed about 6 months into my employment that resulted in very poor work conditions. Namely, FedEx established themselves as the go-to for shipping big, heavy packages when UPS raised their prices. This meant that we had a huge influx of NCs and had to somehow get them unloaded and delivered, despite being in a facility that was not built to handle the volume. Certain employees, including myself, were given the burden of dealing exclusively with NCs. Unfortunately, even though the volume increased, we were still expected to get things done in the same amount of time. This meant that safety standards went right out the window. As a team of 2, I was responsible for 3-5 trailers every day, filled entirely with 100+ pound packages while other employees never had to touch a single NC. They even loaded the belly of the trailers with them, which meant that there was no safe way to lift them out and you were putting your back on the line in every single trailer, not to mention that this was supposed to be against company policy.

More specific to my location, the leadership was even worse. If you were any good at your job, you were completely overburdened. During my worst time there, I was expected to do the job of 4 people while the managers consistently demanded that I get things done faster. Lazy/incompetent employees were not fired, they just expected the rest to pick up the slack. In fact, firing practices on the whole seemed completely random. You might have one really good worker uncharacteristically miss a couple days and be fired immediately, and at the same time you'd have other people being allowed to miss multiple days a week or come in more than 30 min late every day. While managers would spend much of the time talking about work safety, they never did anything to actually provide a safe working environment. As a member of the safety committee, I saw countless issues brought up on a monthly basis, and I saw the vast majority of those issues be completely ignored by management until they caused an incident. In one instance, another member of the committee pointed out a cracked wooden support beam in the shelving of a delivery van. The issue went ignored for 2 or 3 months until it broke during a sort, hitting the loader between the eyes, resulting in a broken nose. If you were able to put up with everything and still remain a productive worker, your reward would be absolutely nothing. Recognition was a fantasy. There were always discussions about how it needed to be a higher priority, as many people become unmotivated when their efforts go unrecognized, but nothing ever came of it. In fact, when I left, they were multiple months behind on announcing employee of the month, not that it mattered since most of the people were chosen arbitrarily rather than by performance. All in all, the last 2 years of my employment were a steady decline in management, resulting in a completely demoralized workplace. Due to being overworked and underappreciated, I went from being the friendliest person in the building to working on auto pilot and being supremely angry at everyone and everything.

If you've made it this far, I will leave you with this. FedEx can be a great place to work, as I'm sure that other locations have better leadership. It can be particularly great for those who are looking for part-time work but also want to have benefits. You just have to be on guard against poor/unsafe working conditions, because the physicality of the job could easily lead to serious injury if you're not careful.
  kevesebb
Good Benefits, Get paid to work out
Poor Management, Full-time not available at many locations
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great learning experience, I stayed around as long as I could until I found another job
Delivery Driver (Volt alkalmazott) –  Alexandria, VA2019, április 15.
The days varied, some short some long days, but regardless rain, snow , heat or wind you had to show up and do your job . Ppl want and need there mail!
Great job
Sr. ECO Import Coordinator (Volt alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2019, április 15.
Awesome company. Great Management and Sr Management. Awesome career positions and opportunities to move up and advance is reward as long as you strive to move up.
leaving
Agradável
Aux. de Serviços Gerais (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cabo de Santo Agostinho, PE2019, április 15.
A empresa é muito agradável e nos proporciona um bom ambiente de trabalho.
Tudo
Não consta
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van