FedEx Office

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 3 258 értékelés megmutatása

It's okay

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Personally the only reason I stayed for FedEx is because my boss is probably the greatest boss I have ever had. It is hard work, but I don't mind that. It involves a lot of lifting heavy things, having product and shipping knowledge, and if you know graphic design and microsoft office like I do it's a plus. Knowing how to work a computer is extremely important. One of my main qualms is that I am paid very little for the amount of work that I do. I can barely scrape by and I go to university and live in a very wealthy area (not by choice, but more or less because I'm stuck here). I barely broke past two digits in pay, which isn't saying much. The amount of work that I do, the type of work that I do, and how long I have to work are all the equivalent of someone working as an administrative assistant that's paid a lot more than me. Plus side, FedEx does have super good benefits. They have blue cross blue shield health, signa dental and a 401K if you so desire. It's retail so the customers are going to vary from really pleasant to unbearable, especially if you're working in the design section where everything has to be exactly as they want it (and I don't blame them- it's their own personal project).

healthcare, dental, 401k

barely-moderate pay, long hours

Fun work place

This job was was great as far as coworkers and management. Great benefits. Great hours. The customers on the other hand was something else, but thats all customer service for you

Pay

Rude customers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Decent compensation and advancement opportunity

I was offered competitive pay and benefits. I was promoted twice in 3 years, so advancement opportunities are good. However, once you become a member of management, expectations are not achievable. I was consistently under-staffed for my locations, while being pressed to achieve metrics inconsistent with the level of staffing. All of this despite being a top 5% performer company-wide. I was always being delegated to manage 2-3 additional store fronts at a time due to a shortage of managers, while not being compensated or respected for my help. This lead to a terrible work-life balance of working 10-14 hours a day 6-7 days per week.

Good benefits, decent pay

Kontra érvek

Poor work-life balance, lack of staffing, lack of management support

Fast paced, result oriented

It’s tough at the beginning, there is so much to learn but after you get the hang of it and learn how to be confident speaking with customers then it’s easier.

Good Paying Retail

As far as retail goes this job is well paying and has good benefits. A lot is asked of management. Senior leadership is a little out of touch with the reality of customer experience.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Not what it seems- will not recommend

immediate management & corporate care more about revenue/profit than they care about employee safety & security. Will act like they’re supportive during “training” (videos about the history company) then hang you out to dry afterwards, basically training yourself. The turnover rate is ridiculous!! Understaffed and over worked! The pay & benefits is decent, that’s about it.

Entry Level Job with High Stress in customer service

Job started out as a seemingly promising way to finally leave the retail circuit while you work one on one with customers on projects creating banners, books, paper fliers, posters, basically a wide variety of creative work. Working with the public always causes stress and customer interactions however, especially concerning production on very personal/important projects sometimes mean crunch time and taking verbal abuse as communication can become difficult as company limitations for practices vary from project to project and aren't *always* consistent. The learning curve to master software and production practices is very long, about a six months before new employees will even begin to be remotely comfortable on the production side, where as the shipping side is easier and quicker to manage. Promotion within past the lowest level management (a shift manager type position) can take years, assistant management jobs (one step below store managers) are available, but depend on store size only. If you live in a a town or city with smaller stores you may have no assistant positions available within reach.Salary is dependent on local minimum wage and not as high as it should be with the work load. Clientele atmosphere very much changes from store location store location. So working at a smaller store with a higher income client base can mean sometimes unreasonable and very rude customers. COVID's precense causing a cultural shift with increased deliveries and remote/at home projects and loss of profits company wide overall results in mandatory company overtime-especially around -

Pro érvek

Holidays Off and a variety of creative work

Kontra érvek

Poor entry level compensation, crunch time, inconsistent management, inargueable involuntary transfers and overtime with no bonusss

Poor work environment

I thought when I was interviewed, it would be a lot of team work and communication with the team memebers there.. only to find out that the SM would bark orders and barely be out on the floor. Not helping. At. All. The AM is amazing. The job is what it is. Customer service at its finest for sure. It’s okay if you need money with benefits and can put up with being bullied by upper management.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Under paid for the amount of work performed

Was overall a good place to network with customers to find a better position in an other company. I got lucky and had a awesome manager, however when it came to the load of work and the compensation it was very uneven.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Depends on your manager and district

Worked in multiple states, some districts are more lenient, some stores a more lenient, and some managers are as well etc…. If you have any of those? You might stay a couple years.H O W E V E R You will be under paid just a bid, and worked to the bone and taunted with by everyone around you. If you have the opposite environment it will feel toxic

Pro érvek

Benefits

Kontra érvek

No flexibility, cant sit down unless you’re on your break, too strict, gossiping, short breaks, small raises, toxic

Low Staff

Worked at Causeway location. Super busy, never enough staff because they refuse to hire enough people. Coworkers were lazy and emotionally unregulated.

Pro érvek

Got to leave early sometimes.

Almost everything.

Just Another Customer Service Job

If you have a good manager it's not so bad but all associates are required to do everything; printing, shipping, packing, cleaning the store (this includes restrooms and outside). For everything required the pay isn't worth it. I loved my coworkers but our manager was hired from outside the company and had no idea how to help us with our jobs.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Was GREAT at first but started to hate it

I worked here from Oct. 2019 to Feb. 2022. The job started off great. I started off at an extremely busy flagship store in Charlotte making $13.50 as a part-timer. I think they have since then gotten rid of the part-time position I had. I had a few benefits, like bereavement pay.I was furloughed once COVID-19 hit though. After that I stalked the online career website until I found a full-time position available near me. I was awarded a raise to $14.75 once I secured the full-time position, along with benefits such as medical, dental, PTO, holiday pay, two floating holidays a year, etc. Unfortunately, I can't talk much about the insurance as I opted out since I'm still on my mom's plan. After a year of that I was raised to around $15.25. However, the job became more and more stressful as I worked there longer. The culture of FedEx Office is great, but not so much the execution. My manager was my only co-worker as I was transferred to a super small and slow-paced location. Once she developed problems at home I began to hate the job. My location was a ship-heavy location, meaning I mostly performed shipping, rather than production. Production was the hardest and most confusing part of the job, and I received very little training on it unfortunately. I loved this job at first, more than any other job I've had, but slowly started to hate it.

Best Retail Job you can have

Fedex Office is a great retail job. They have amazing benefits which includes all health insurance and probably one of the best retirement programs. The hours aren’t harsh and the work environment isn’t toxic. The pay isn’t the best but promotions will help you in that area

Csr

Repetitive work and a quota has to be met everyday and if you don't they fire you. Management is constantly micromanage you and tied to the desk but yet their systems do not work on a hourly basis but still hold you accountable for not producing and add insult to injury by telling their employees that we are stealing time and will only pay for the cases completed but we're hourly...disgusting and run for the hills....

Coworkers

Everything else

Overworked and underpaid

Having worked my way up from part-time to store manager, this company has just burned me out. Offices are completely understaffed and it's not uncommon for me to be working a 50+ hour week by myself. The company is slow to respond to the crisis the pandemic created and what response they have provided is too little to late. The benefits, which once were worth is, are now very little and change yearly creating the need to overhaul a care team every year.

Great work environment/self motivated

You have to be willing to drive on the road and get the job done. You get what you put in. The Pay could be better but overall a good job. I do wish drivers were compensated with better pay to the competitors Amazon Etc.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Management works great alongside workers to succeed as a team

Truly appreciate office staff and building each other to grow and learn. Face pace environment with so much to learn. It’s never the same day twice unless it is slow. Always something new to gain and understand and enhance in.

Pay and Benfits

Staff model

Good pay/benefits, Management needs work

Pay is competitive. The benefits are great along with discounts offered at numerous places. Biggest gripe is management. The location I was at had a very high turnover. In the ~2.5 years I worked there, I saw 8 full time employees come and go. Just before I came on, they had lost their whole staff, about 6. The culture among management sucked. I always heard about other managers through gossip. My manager in particular played things personally, like passing up people for promotions bc of hurt feelings. On top of everything else, I was lied to about manager's compensation when looking into a manager position, causing me to not take the position. Only to find out later that the pay was significantly more than what I was told. Management in this district played favorites. I did not feel like I was a part of the larger company as a whole, and I felt lied to and used by the end of my time there. And I was one of the better performers and treated well, but I could see how others were being treated around me. I would not recommend working in this district.

Workplace experience and management

This is a good company but there needs to be a lot of work done when it comes to management and hiring the right people to run a team. My manager was the most laziest I have ever come across within my retail experience. Also this company is trying to better diversity and inclusion but they definitely do not treat everyone as a valuable person everyone gets treated differently and some get more of a privilege than others and it’s unacceptable that it’s allowed by management and district management.overall if you’re someone who doesn’t mind being walked over and want no outside life sometimes then this will be good fit for you otherwise I’d say rethink it because they constantly have issues with scheduling and you won’t get too much flexibility. There are some nice people within other locations but I don’t recommend this location personally.

Pro érvek

Free lunches, surveys, customers, benefits& discounts

1 break, prolonged standing, poor leaders, constant closings, alone a lot

Can be stressful sometimes

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers. The pay ain't great too. But they were flexible with my current schedule. Management is ok.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: FedEx Office? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés