Extra Space Storage

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 1 288 értékelés megmutatása

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
It was easy for me to make my schedule 3 mths in advance, that way I could plan my days/ weeks, on the things that was important to get done, I was able to keep my control cost down, Boost Productivity, with great performance, I made sure to have proper, training tools to teach the day to day productivity, to be organized, professional, meet my A/R'S, my monthly budget, I strived to get customer to take the survey, on how were doing. Staying productive is the the key to success.

two days off together

Health Care
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

The upper management made life miserable

Upper management is not professional. They pick and choose who they want to hold accountable when it comes to company policy. The DTL’S are clickish,and if they don’t like you, then they start to complain and send the district manager after you in witch hunts.

Bait and Switch with a side of Favoritism

Applied for a Store manager position, when I got to my interview the DM told me that position was filled and I could be the assistant until the new store opens in a couple months.. So I took the offer, come to find out the person who filled the Store manager position was the DM's bestfriend. Both the DM and the SM were new to storage, when I got hired my SM had 1 month experience in the storage industry, while I have 3 years experience...But because he was the DM's bestfriend he not only became store manager with no experience but was getting paid $2 more then the person with the experience. After a few months the new store opened and it was hour away from where I live. Why would I be told during my interview about a new store opening that was an hour away from where I lived? I can only assume when I was hired, I wasn't hired to fill a position but to carry the DM's bestfriend while he learned the ropes. Last week was my last week there. I opened one morning by myself and the SM left his liquid lunch in the company refrigerator, a bag full of beers. When I informed the DM he had me check for a break in to see if anyone broke in to cool down there beers lol They posted a job opening that day for my position, and I was fired for informing HR of the incident because I could not trust the DM to do the right thing.

Will get the bills paid

It is a good job when it comes to stability. The District Management lack integrity and are closed minded and will lose valuable employees behind that. The CEO is awesome and has given multiple raises within less than a year that is a major plus, but money isn’t more valuable than peace of mind. District Managment need to do better at understanding how they are which impacts the company in a bad way. I am a top performer/employee and I’m ready to leave the company.

Very Lonely

Working for Extra Space Storage is not awful. I have met some amazing people, and have honestly learned a lot. It’s honestly just not a fun job. When I got promoted to a Site Manager, my opinion of the job became worse. When I was an Assistant Manager, I was covering a lot of sites and working with Site Managers, and the constant change was honestly fun. But once I became a Store Manager, and was in one location, being alone by myself for 8 hours a day became depressing. Your district manager is constantly sending you emails about performance, and it’s hard to hit all your marks. I completely understand that is the job of a district manager, but when you spend most of your working career by yourself and are developing depression because of it, it’s hard to even want to convince someone to rent with you. I also don’t even feel like a Store Manager, I feel like an associate. We order inventory and take payments, but we can’t even authorize a refund as managers. You don’t really see customers either, and all of your coworkers are at other sites. Your entire day is spent bothering people to pay their bill and sweeping bleak floors.

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Great Training Poor Pay

Very supportive and inclusive team. Lots of training and support. Pay is very low which makes it difficult to stay. Not very flexible with time and hours.

An Isolating Position

My time with Extra Space was not bad by any means. I made some great relationships and had some very great experiences there. But for me it was not fulfilling in the slightest. I honestly think it went downhill for me when I decided to advance in the company which makes no sense. When I was an Assistant Manager I worked a lot of my days helping a Store Manager, and it was nice most days. But as I become more independent, and eventually got my own store, the days become lonely and dragged. You would be in the office by yourself all day and frankly for me it became hard to motivate myself to do the smaller busy work like cleaning. You just get emails from your supervisors about expectations, and then when you do get a visit from a higher up, they always will find something to point out for improvement. And that's not bad at all it is their job I get that. But when you are alone 40 hours a week, with no sense of competition or drive, and you are going to get flagged for something regardless, it is hard to want to clean. And that's the other thing, the job feels more like a glorified janitor position than a store manager. I mean you do order inventory, handle the customers, etc. But it is not overly busy with everything being remote, and you don't have a staff under you to help or manage. So you really spend most of the day calling delinquent accounts or cleaning

Good Hours, Low Stress

No Culture, Lots of Travel
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Not as Customer-centric as they'd want you to believe.

Not a bad place to work depending on the location. Company preaches "customer-centric service". They do rate increases on the regular (starting after only 4 months) and they notify customers through the mail with a little postcard that looks like junk mail. Most of the time people disregard it as such and never get notification of the increase (increase sometimes $80). If they are setup for Easy Pay, which as employees we are required to push, the increased amount automatically posts to their credit card. I get no notification at the store of this other than the angry customer calling or coming to my office because we took an extra $80 out of their bank account this month. Seems underhanded to me. I just work here...

Great job

Will deal with complaints about rate increases. Good work life balance. Good benefits, lots of exercise available. Supportive management. Good coworkers
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

good peers to work with, district management is horrible, a dead end job once you become a manager.

all decisions are made at district level, you are only managing day to day customer complaints. The hardest part of the job is the daily monotony of cleaning and a micromanaging district manager.

You’re just a number

You’re nothing more than a number in your district managers eye. Upper management doesn’t care about you just money. High rent increases and no support to staff. It’s a joke how little they truly care about you.

Hours of operation

Kontra érvek

Short breaks, low pay, terrible management, and incredibly high stress for a pretty easy job

Good Benefits

Overall, a good experience. I have been able to provide for my family for years with this position. To be successful at this job. You have to be willing to do the work. The job is mostly sales. If you can be friendly, courteous, organized and be effective at time management--- you will be able to do the job. Yes, you may be moved around to other stores to cover, but just do the daily tasks for the 8 hours and clock out and go home. The job will be stressful if you make it stressful.We get yearly raises, bonuses based on rentals, HSA, medical, dental, 401k. Etc. You won't find that at most companies with entry level openings.Yes, you will be cleaning units. Extra Space Storage has a clean standard, but its self paced and that is why time management is important. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and gain skills that are not only work skills, but life skills as well.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

This company respects there employees

I have been with Extra Space for about 2 years now. I really enjoy coming to work. The job itself can be a lot of fun and has a great balance of office, customer and maintenance aspects. Leadership respects family and work balance. I love working for Exrra Space.

Hourly Wage is Too Little

For all of the work and tasks store managers and assistant store manager's are responsible for - the hourly wages are extremely unfair.A lot comes with the job - lots of "desk work" and lots of "dirty work" - again, the pay is just not enough!

Pro érvek

Advancement opportunities. Bonuses based on rentals

Pay is too little.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great culture. Pay needs improvement.

My team is really nice and supportive. We’re always willing to help each other, and happy to do so.Depending on the site you work at, it can be tolerable or downright disgusting.There are great benefits and incentives with this company.The pay isn’t nearly adequate enough for what we have to do.I would say we wear many hats but only get paid for the one that says “manager” instead of being compensated for work that shouldn’t be of our concern, but usually is.

Not a bad job

This job is pretty easy for the most part, you do learn about property management, but not all inclusive. Most of your time is spent calling delinquent tenants, leasing, or picking up garbage on the property. The worst part of this job is the rate increases(I've seen 100% increases with no change in rate from upper management), which happen often and in ridiculous amounts. You are expected to completely back them, and in some cases you can lower them slightly.

Pro érvek

Easy work, bonus on sales

Kontra érvek

Rate increases, no advancement from store manager, you will work every Saturday

Team atmosphere. Room for advancement Nationwide. Good pay scale and Benefits

Constantly busy. My last job was mind numbingly boring so I was looking for something to keep me busy as well as one that made me feel like I was valued and feeling like I was contributing. This is it. The day flies by! Time no longer drags on like a bad marriage!!!! My manager is fun and I enjoy her company every day. The interaction with the customers is positive, for the most part. I am excited about the prospect of future advancement. The benefits are great and the pay doesn't suck.

Pro érvek

Friendly/Flexible management. Decent Pay and Benefits. Overall, very satisfied with this position

Kontra érvek

Short lunch (30 minutes)not enough time to really feel rested, let alone not hoove your food down, Days off are not together Hard to recharge on one day off at a time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Interesting work, suitable for many customer service and management backgrounds.

Extra Space is a terrific company to work for and grow a career, especially early on. Corporate supports field employees through ongoing development and opportunities, not to mention generous bonuses and regular pay increases. If you have a background in hospitality, customer service, sales, or management it is a great fit.

Pro érvek

Generous bonus structure, decent benefits, great work/life balance, workload isn't overwhelming, supportive management

Kontra érvek

Delinquent accounts and auction processes are stressful, base pay could be better

Extra Space is a Wonderful Company with some Caveat's

Overall I had a wonderful time with Extra Space, until recently when management changed. I have recently left the company. Work Life is amazing. Very helpful for someone like me. If you were not feeling well, you could stay inside the office and have plenty of things to do. If you had a lot of energy, you could go outside and clean the property. Every day you always had something to do. As a Store manager of a larger property, I was in charge of allocating these to items to my assistant managers.Besides Maintenance its the biggest portion of the job is renting and sales. You rent to customers in the office, and during COVID we started on the website and on the phone. We made sure customers items were secured and that they had them insured in case something happened. Some Daily duties were checking units daily, calling customers who are late, or if there is an issue with security.My main Caveat's of Extra Space is the promise of moving up in the company. Unless you are close to corporates, this can be very hard unless you are with the company for 15+ years. Sure within a 6 Month's to a year you can be promoted to a Store manager pending opening, but once you are, there isn't anything more to move up fast.Another thing is the recent change of management. Our previous management was not doing their job properly, but when a temp came in, it changed to a very hostile workplace. Conversations between coworkers went from Friendly, to very hostile. It seemed everyone was fighting to keep their jobs at more and more, stopped supporting coworkers as much. Some of the hardest -

Pro érvek

Amazing Work Life, Culture, Choose what to do.

Kontra érvek

Pay, Unfulfilled Promises, Management, Flexibility Work-Life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great hours but pay is not the beat

I would recommend the job if you don’t mind hard work and moderate stress with customers. You will work alone most of the time which can be difficult but manageable.

Sundays off

Low pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good home-work life balance with good hours. Retail without the retail hours and holiday rush. Management cares about your development. You're encouraged to focus on your team and the culture of your team.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Extra Space Storage? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,8/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Extra Space Storage
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?