Dollar General

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 33 859 értékelés megmutatása

Terrible

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Terrible I rather Be a customer Than an employee The bangers here Only care about their Pay Not The Store Nor the employees that have just a horrible experience

Busy but fun

A very busy but overall nice place to work. Had some issues with management at first but after they took care of it and let a manger go everything was great.

2022, október 5.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are delighted to hear of your positive experience at Dollar General and will pass along your feedback.

Distribution centers aren't supported

DCs don't have the equipment, space, or personnel they need to stock stores which in turn will drag your week on and on. Work Life balance is non-existent. They want you to serve others and forget about your family or life outside the DC. DC management seems to care but with no corporate support they can't help but keep working you hours upon hours. If work is your thing and you aren't concerned with time off or being with your family, you will get worked there.

2022, október 5.
While your perspective is unfortunate, we appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share this review with our internal team to improve our team roles in the future. Thank you!

Stressful they expect to much for little pay

I enjoyed working with the staff but the pay is horrible and it was sometimes unorganized. The corporate office is horrible the ppl are disrespectful and they only care about themselves

Fun and Calming Workplace

This was my first ever Dollar General job and I enjoyed my experience their. In DG it was never chaotic and their were little to no rude customers. The managers come to help me with no attitude every time their names were called. I was able to communicate with the General Manager who understood and helped me .

Great environment, Easy job

Little to no hours, no break if you clocked in at 5

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Pay is decent but should be better for hours worked

The payroll is non existent forcing managers to stay to make up the difference for no extra pay. There is no work/life balance, it's retail 24/7, corporate continues to cut every stores hours so unknown reasons but still expect the same model store results it's unachievable

2022, október 5.
Thank you for the feedback. While we are disappointed to hear about your experience, we will be sure to include your feedback as we continue to improve our internal processes and leadership.

Was a good company, until management true colors came around!

For the particular store I was working at, it was all good until I started noticing the issues it came with my bosses above me! They pinned the stuff that could only be done on them by other employees who didn’t even have the codes to do it. It was just wrong people higher up!You are able to grow and get promoted quickly in the company! That was awesome! I got 3 promotions before the year was done! Tasks are very easy to do! If I could go back, and be under different management then what is right now, I really would!

Pro érvek

PTO for higher management, good wage

Expensive benefits

2022, október 5.

It was demanding at times when you are expected to run register alone and also when truck needs unloaded in a timely manner but days are busy. Sometimes more understand ing

2022, október 5.

They watch you more than the merchandise

The overall culture sucks. The location I worked at was draining and you just get thrown to the wolves. They watch you to make sure you do not steal more than the customers.

Horrible Management and District

Unfair work policies and management. Discouraging practices, unfair wages, and treatment of employees. Unsafe work conditions, poor control of environment. The chain of command and human resources are flies on the wall when reached out for any reason.

High expectations, low pay

Never enough hours to get all the tasks done, especially in a low volume store. Not a bad job if you are early in your career and you have a great Manager & team, but not a place you want to stay long term.

Good people

Good people bad management. Not great pay for the amount of work done. Company doesn't care about the average workers. They only care about the money.

2022, október 4.

Fine, but boring. Pays the bills.

It was boring, but fine. Relatively busy. Commiserated with coworkers about how unpleasant it was but mostly kept to ourselves. The customers were nice whenever they weren't actively unpleasant.

2022, október 4.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will keep your assessment in mind as we continue to evaluate Dollar General employee satisfaction.

Low pay incompetent district managers.

I love the people I work with and my manager. But the district managers do not give us enough hours to have two employees during whole shifts. Often key carriers have to work alone and they are still expected to put away freight, give good customer service, Cashier, and check in vendors (we are usually unable to use the restroom during these time periods). I was promoted from part-time keycarrier to assistant manager and was given a $.50 raise which was $.50 less then the position below me. Very low pay. It saddens me because I do like the job and my coworkers. The district managers have never worked in a store and don’t know how to run it or don’t care.

2022, október 4.
Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your insight. We will be sure to share this information with our HR team to improve our process in the future.

Fast Paced

If you're a manager at DG, you're expected to be super human and do everything. You work long hours and only get one day off a week if you're lucky...

Pro érvek

Most of the time, the associates are fun to work with

Kontra érvek

No breaks, no help from upper management, overwhelming expectations and no hours given

2022, október 4.

No is not fun to work at Dollar general

I don't think dollar general is a good place to work for all the stores are all a mess and we can't have people because our hours are cut work here no good

2022, október 4.

Loved my location, wouldn't recommend anywhere else though

My specific location I work(ed) for had a great manager. The other coworkers were great to work with as well. Although, our district itself was ill-functioning as our store was basically the only one that was caught up to the planograms and on schedule with truck. As a minor though, I don't get hardly any of the benefits. Basically just the occasional once or twice a year employee discount is all I got. I recommend the location I was at (Saugatuck) but not really anywhere else within our district..

Kontra érvek

Minors don't get most of the benefits

See Review below for details

Management is horrible They are like crabs in a barrel There’s constant inside power struggles which leave no room for advancement because they are so afraid you will take there jobs therefore they will never fully train you because of that fear. They will have you working crazy long hours doing multiple tasks which have nothing to do with your job description There’s no work life balance at all you are constantly getting written up for minor or made up things The pay is way lower than it should be There’s No Respect or Empathy displayed Talking to Upper Management to try and change things is like talking to a brick wall Turnover is very high Would never recommend working there unless you are desperate or it’s temporary . Very stressful situation.

2022, október 4.

Great job for new driver

Good company, hard work. Regional so you can be home a few times out the week. Trucks are loaded poorly. Sometimes warehouse will be behind on orders and will be forced to wait.

Interesting

The manager is cool and very understanding Do your job- no more and no less and you’ll be okayDG as a corporation does not really care about their employees but the people at my location are very good people

unnerving environment

being a sales associate here was so nerve wracking and they never checked up on you when lines got super busy. weird ppl always came in and you’d be left alone at the register and they expected u to know everything by the second day. would never go back again.

2022, október 3.

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Dollar General? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés