Discount Tire

3,5Munka és magánélet egyensúlya

Rendezés:

HasznosságÉrtékelésDátum
Mind a(z) 2 478 értékelés megmutatása

Great culture company culture, work life balance could be better

Kiemelt Indeed-értékelés

Az Indeed által kiválasztott leghasznosabb értékelés
Not a bad job, especially if you want to get some automotive work experience. You start off part-time, so nothing in the way of benefits until you can get a full time position. My only gripe is there isn't much in the way of work life balance; shift scheduling can vary widely from a day to day basis, you are working the whole time without any breaks, more often than not they have you working 6 days a week and on the occasion you do get 2 days off they usually aren't consecutive. They are pretty generous with (unpaid) vacation days so long as you give them enough advanced notice.

Difficult work, but fun

I loved working with my coworkers. I was worried that as a female, I would physically fall far behind everyone else. It definitely felt more difficult because I had to give it my all to be able to keep up with everyone else. However, my coworkers were very supportive of me. Most understood that I was not as strong or as fast, and they were willing to assist at times when I couldn’t manage alone. The work however was very hard on my body. I would go back to that job, but it was too taxing for me to want to be there long term.

Cool Coworkers, Fun Work, Use your body

Kontra érvek

Difficult work, if it was busy (wintertime), very few breaks

Fast paced and easy

Discount tire is a good way to start if you’re wanting to be introduced to vehicle maintenance. For the most part the job is fun and easy but more often than not I found myself feeling overworked and underpaid.

Good pay long days

The pay is very good they start you out high and as long as you perform well you can get raises pretty easy. However the work is hard and being in the hot sun all day in black pants and long sleeve black shirts is exhausting.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Long hours, great people and management that cares.

To get he negative out of the way, the worst part of the job is the hours. A typical shift for a full timer is around 10 to 11 hours 4 to 5 days a week. It gets hard to unwind after a day of work when you only have enough time to eat dinner and shower.However, I have yet to find another place where management cares so much about their employees. Each manager has been a tech and has had to work their way up so they can always get on your level. The company will often set up trips for the full timers or picnics at amusement parks for the region.

Great people, Day one benefits, On the job training, Company wide outings

Kontra érvek

Working in the hot and cold, long hours for full timers

Korábbi munkáltató értékelése

Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.

Honest good place to work your way up

Had an unfortunate ending to my time at discount tire however I stand 100% behind the company as they treated me with the most respect I’ve ever had from an employer and I was able to work my way up the ladder with decent pay increases very quickly. Not a good job however for individuals with productivity issues caused by mental health

Management, advancement opportunities, pay

High stress environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun place to work but very high demanding.

I love discount tire as I love the people there but as for the work it can be excessively hot in the bays and you are expected to work as quick as possible for 8-10 hours. Its great as a starter job but its also great for a career as there is lots of ways of advancement and its pretty quick if you are ambitious all in all discount is a great experience, but highly demanding.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Decent job for a short time

Weekly schedule comes out Saturday afternoon, making it impossible to plan anything for the next week. Plenty of bonuses but hourly pay isn't great. Long hours, but they go by quick. People support you moving up, but the job gets worse as you do. Perfect job to get you by for the summer/winter, but I would advise against moving up in the company.

Pro érvek

Sometimes fun, support growth, shift flies by, good coworkers

Kontra érvek

No breaks, physically demanding, schedule comes out very late, underpaid, management is hit-or-miss
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good

Its a hard job but the people make the most out of it. Easy to move up and easy to plan days off. Managers are great at most stores and help as long as your a hard worker.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Productive and a fun work place to be.

Currently employed and still working with Discount for 4 years now. Overall, it's a decent company to be with. Pay scale not too bad, but could be better for the time and effort you put in. It's a good starting job for somebody fresh out of high school.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Could be better depending on location

Most of the coworkers are not motivated to work and none of the equipment works half the time and management had a hard time getting repairs done and complaining about bay time when we have to jimmy rig everything to work

Summer and Christmas cash gifts

Work place in general
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Good people to work with bad management.

If your not a full timer they do not care about you, your hours will randomly get cut and you'll go from getting 40+ hours a week to barley getting 30, you are overworked and paid poorly. This is not a place I would recommend. The manager cares more about his bonuses and vacation days, then his employees, I have watched this company go downhill very quickly. Stay away.

Can be fun

Kontra érvek

Poor pay, bad management, low hours

Decent place

They always hiring and replacement no matter what because peoplecome and go due to loke or dislike. Getting promotion it will be a joke by manager depending who's sides they would favor. Lots of hardwork and intense physical labor also going through bad heatwave conditions. They're nice enough give you catching breath and keep hydrated. If you don't like physical intense jobs this place is not for you.

Free lunches weekend

Management, lack of Healthcare

Fast and fun

I enjoyed my time at Discount Tire. It was a fast paced environment with decent pay (for a teenager). The crew was always great to work with and made it a good time
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Co workers make it a fun and fast going day. Management is a little harsh and constantly over the shoulder feeling

When I first started at discount tire, the people who worked there definitely made it a fun experience. I was genuinely excited for work the next days. Over time management changed and working feels like you constantly have someone over your shoulder. We get our work done efficiently, but it’s hard to be excited and have fun throughout the day when seemingly that’s not allowed.

Winter and summer bonuses

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fun work place but not for a lazy person

Its a simple job but you must be able to deal with working at 100% in all weather conditions. The management I've had has been great, the only thing I would note is that you leave when you finish all the cars writing to be done that day so if its 5mins to close and 20ppl come in you don't leave to every one is done. Typically you will be understaffed and need to work hard to make sure you get out in a timely manner.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Great place to work for High schoolers and great pay

When I first applied to discount it was jokingly because I thought I wouldn’t get the job. The next day I get a call for an interview and end up with the job about two weeks later. It was a great job, management was great and always fun to be around and the fellow employees were funny but also serious when needed.

Work environment and pay

Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Fast paced and lots of fun

When it’s going good it’s a great time. When it’s going bad it’s a horrible time. Lack of accountability from techs and lazy managers can ruin the job but when you have great managers and good reliable techs the job couldn’t be more fun

Awkward/low key not accepted

It was a fun experience in the beginning. Threw back out before the winter of 2021 and came back not as welcomed. Limited time was enforced unnecessarily with very slow business, causing more mistakes than needed.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Pretty Fun place to work at and there's room for improvement.

Its a fun place to learn and work at but you definitely have to hustle or you'll have a hard time working there but they give training and decent pay.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Very long hours, mandatory 55 hours to become fulltime.

In order to become a fulltime employee and get paid sick leave paid holidays and what not you must be working 55 hours a week at the minimum. The pay is good because you spend most of your life there which for some is okay I guess, but if its not okay for you I would recommend a job elsewhere. Part time is nice because generally they are very flexible about when you work. Overall good part time job, and maybe good fulltime job if you like working your life away.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Discount Tire? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.Kérdésem van

Átfogó minősítés

Céges kultúra: 3,9/5 csillag
  • Vállalatok
  • Discount Tire
  • Alkalmazotti értékelések
Mondd el, hogyan javíthatnánk az oldal tartalmán
Mit szeretnél hozzáadni vagy módosítani?