Department of Veterans Affairs-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

111 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 3 905 értékelés megtekintése
great place
RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Meade, SD2018, április 26.
Very difficult to get into the VA. It is a small, cliquey environment. Many days are filled with meetings with no time to work. Management is changing however, and may be promising to move the VA forward and eliminate stagnicity.
pay
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
great lerning experience
Veteran Centered Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, március 27.
Most time it is busy. Management is fair in decision making. Work environment is diverse and it is a non hostile environment. Work load could be overwhelming at time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
Review for VA
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Med/surg2018, március 21.
Depending on the unit, can be slow paced. Will lose critical care skills. I have learned the physicians are reactive, not proactive. Management is concerned with a number scale for staffing without acuity considerations. Writing up coworker, physicians and other staff is a priority for workers unfortunately. There is not staff to staff problem solving skills. High school may best describe the environment. No short/long term disability available. Many days of no lunches and unwillingness to pay overtime if necessary to protect your license. The positive aspect is more paid holidays than other medical facilities.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 15NemJelentés
VA West Haven
Registered Nurse G4W (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Haven, CT2018, március 9.
I enjoyed working at the West Haven VA on G4W. I learned a lot, amazing patient population. Great nurse manager. It was my first nursing job. Good team work. Down side, a lot of complete care patients and heavy lifting.
Pro érvek
great pay and generous vacation and sick time
heavy lifting
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
productive and loyal
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas texas2018, március 8.
Amazing place to work. Provides great care to Veterans. veterans feel they are appreciated here. The benefits are excellent. Work hours are flexible. Centralized location.
awesome benefits
Kontra érvek
Buildings could use a makeover
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Love working for the VA
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, március 4.
I have worked as an RN for the VA multiple states and specialty areas. It is a great place to work with fair wages and excellent benefits. I feel my work load is fair and I have the needed tools to do my job. I get along well with my coworkers. I feel my supervisor is available to me for any needs. I am proud to Serve those who have Served.
Pro érvek
wages, benefits, job security, peers
Kontra érvek
takes a long time for the interview and hiring process
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Poor management, amazing co-workers
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Altoona, PA2018, február 22.
Management on the CLC very poor, fear based management system, guilty until proven innocent. Not able to transfer to other positions easily or at all. Lots of mandatory overtime. You can be mandated to work 16 hours then are expected to return within 8 hours for the next shift. No 12 hr shifts, all 8 hr shifts with mandatory overtime thrown in. You feel like you live there.
Pro érvek
Vacation time, benefits, discounts, co-workers
Kontra érvek
Mandatory overtime, can't use your vacation time when you want, seniority system for vacation, management poor and quick to blame and use floor employees as scapegoat.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Rewarding and challenging
Night shift Staff Nurse in Domiciliary and PTSD (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Thomas, KY2018, február 22.
It is a great place to work. Rewarding to care for fellow Veterans
that have served our country. Unfortunately some individuals have been here so long they take duties for granted and it seems challenging at best to get rid of or hold such individuals accountable.
pay, benefits
Poor accountability
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
great benefits
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, február 20.
A great place to work simply because it allows me to give back to my nation's hero's. Otherwise, management is difficult to work with. They refuse to allow you advancement within the company. Personally, they made it very impossible for me to work and go to school, therefore forcing me to quit, losing 10 years of seniority in this company.
the mission
Kontra érvek
management, no ability for advancement
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (Volt alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, február 10.
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 1Jelentés
Productive and Fulfilling job serving the Veterans of our nation
STAFF NURSE IN FEE BASIS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bonham, Texas2018, február 6.
I work at the greatest place and for the best and most deserving people on this earth, Veterans! I have been employed by the VA for more than 27 years and have loved most of my time there. I have the privilege of caring for those that have born the burden and their families and truly believe in what I do.
Pro érvek
great hours, wonderful patients and coworkers, and pension plan that you cannot get anywhere else.
Kontra érvek
Occassionally dangerous due to Veterans with mental illness.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 4Jelentés
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, január 31.
The team I work with is superb.
Our leadership is superb. They care about their employees.
Real servant leaders here.
I learn new things every day.
The culture promotes change, sometimes it takes time.
The hardest part of the job is political aspects of the system extending beyond our facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our Veterans!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Busy med/surg floor
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Providence, RI2018, január 18.
Poorly understaffed at times w/ high acuity patients. Great co-workers who work together making the shifts tolerable. It is a pleasure to serve our Veterans and provide optimum care, however little support from upper management.
Retirement benefits
Poor advancement opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
benefits
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bronx, NY2018, január 14.
In my concern this is a great place to work for young graduate. It has great educational benefit packages and retirement benefits. Great as a teaching hospital.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
fast pace
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job, just not my coworkers sometimes
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, december 15.
I love working with the Veterans, but sometimes coworkers or management can make work unbearable. You have to jump through loops to get a pay raise and it seems promotions are done based on who you know and not what you know or how educated you are.
Benefits!
Management, Difficulty with lateral mobilization, Difficulty getting pay raises
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Incompetent management
RN Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2017, december 4.
This place is a laid back place for lazy people especially the management folks. These folks can care less about veterans. They talk a good talk about quality but they do not care. It’s all a game to them. The VA has re$ource$ to be better than most hospitals but unfortunately the money is wasted on these useless on the job job retirees with no real vision. Sad!
Pro érvek
Laid back environment where you can be lazy or work hard if you want to. Management is useless.
Incompetent management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Poor pay/benefits
PACT RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2017, november 27.
Poor management, bad compensation, loved helping our nation's hero's. Short staffed for nurses, management doesnt care how much work you do as long as you get it done. No overtime paid
Good time off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
Great pay, but corrupt
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brockton, MA2017, november 15.
As a veteran I get good care at the VA, but as an employee you are treated less than human. There is racism, bullying, discrimination and no one blinks an eye.
Pay, Benefits
Corrupt to the core
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 18NemJelentés
Typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2017, október 28.
The culture of the VA was different than any other company that I have been employed. The environment was typically stressful and there is room for improvement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 18Nem 2Jelentés
Great place for stability
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hinesville, GA2017, október 23.
Culture is what you make of it; if you put in the time and effort, you will achieve what you want within the system. Sometimes you just have to accept although you get the position you want, it may not be where you wanted in terms of geography.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 5Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van