Department of Veterans Affairs-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

118 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 4 198 értékelés megtekintése
Challenging, fast paced environment
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, ME 043302018, augusztus 13.
Typical Day may include, but is not limited to:
*checking-in patients including VS, medications, chief complaint, & health reminders.
*Follow up with 3-4 patients on HTN, DM, Med. changes with education provided
*Assessment of walk-in patients & fielding to appropriate care
*Telephone triage and follow-ups care
*Chaperoning portions of physical exams
*Sorting paperwork from outside providers for physicians
* Follow up on tests and results from outside providers

I learned to multitask, organize and prioritize my time.
Most enjoyable was working with the veterns.
Great co-workers
Always short staffed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Miserable place to work
RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Martinsburg, WV2018, július 16.
Terrible middle and senior management. Uptight nurses and managers engaging in childish bullying behavior which drives out great nurses and leaves incompetence in their place. There are certainly great staff at the VA caring for our nations veterans, but it was not my experience. If you are an RN, lay low and try not to say anything to anyone for 2 years.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
bullying
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
stable employment
Staff Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Biloxi, MS2018, július 9.
Benefits were great. Management could use an upgrade. all in all had a wonderful experience helping the nations veterans. I wouldn't trade the experience.
benefits, stability
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Orange, NJ2018, június 24.
Care Manager East Orange NJ. Would not recommend. The management and upper management is poor. There is no room for advancement even if you have your Master's degree. If you have only your Bachelor's you will be at the bottom of the ladder and will not be able to advance and will be required to have the Master's degree. You are not vested in the pension unless you have been there 5+ years.
There is a 2 year probation period.
The manager's will write you up for minor mishaps without any coaching on their end yet they will promote themselves at the expense of their staff.
The benefits are good if you can stick out working at a mundane job for an extended period of time.
It is not a place for professional nurses.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13NemJelentés
it was fun
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, június 12.
Learn a lot of skills. Enjoyed working with the soldiers and try to help them be independent. I enjoyed the staff and wonderful employees there. They are positive and helpful
Meeting soldiers
It was too far to drive
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Nursing
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, május 30.
Department provided good teamwork and professional working environment. Provided encouragement to obtain additional job related education. Provided opportunities for growth in education.
Team work
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
great place
RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fort Meade, SD2018, április 26.
Very difficult to get into the VA. It is a small, cliquey environment. Many days are filled with meetings with no time to work. Management is changing however, and may be promising to move the VA forward and eliminate stagnicity.
pay
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
description of teamwork
Staff RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2018, március 29.
The job include flexibility, job security, and an atmosphere of team work from all staff members of secretary, nurses, and physicians. I enjoyed teaching the patients how to use mechanical equipments.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Unscheduled appointmens
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 3Jelentés
great lerning experience
Veteran Centered Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2018, március 27.
Most time it is busy. Management is fair in decision making. Work environment is diverse and it is a non hostile environment. Work load could be overwhelming at time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 1Jelentés
Review for VA
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Med/surg2018, március 21.
Depending on the unit, can be slow paced. Will lose critical care skills. I have learned the physicians are reactive, not proactive. Management is concerned with a number scale for staffing without acuity considerations. Writing up coworker, physicians and other staff is a priority for workers unfortunately. There is not staff to staff problem solving skills. High school may best describe the environment. No short/long term disability available. Many days of no lunches and unwillingness to pay overtime if necessary to protect your license. The positive aspect is more paid holidays than other medical facilities.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 20NemJelentés
VA West Haven
Registered Nurse G4W (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Haven, CT2018, március 9.
I enjoyed working at the West Haven VA on G4W. I learned a lot, amazing patient population. Great nurse manager. It was my first nursing job. Good team work. Down side, a lot of complete care patients and heavy lifting.
Pro érvek
great pay and generous vacation and sick time
heavy lifting
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 1Jelentés
productive and loyal
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas texas2018, március 8.
Amazing place to work. Provides great care to Veterans. veterans feel they are appreciated here. The benefits are excellent. Work hours are flexible. Centralized location.
awesome benefits
Kontra érvek
Buildings could use a makeover
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Love working for the VA
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Reno, NV2018, március 4.
I have worked as an RN for the VA multiple states and specialty areas. It is a great place to work with fair wages and excellent benefits. I feel my work load is fair and I have the needed tools to do my job. I get along well with my coworkers. I feel my supervisor is available to me for any needs. I am proud to Serve those who have Served.
Pro érvek
wages, benefits, job security, peers
Kontra érvek
takes a long time for the interview and hiring process
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Poor management, amazing co-workers
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Altoona, PA2018, február 22.
Management on the CLC very poor, fear based management system, guilty until proven innocent. Not able to transfer to other positions easily or at all. Lots of mandatory overtime. You can be mandated to work 16 hours then are expected to return within 8 hours for the next shift. No 12 hr shifts, all 8 hr shifts with mandatory overtime thrown in. You feel like you live there.
Pro érvek
Vacation time, benefits, discounts, co-workers
Kontra érvek
Mandatory overtime, can't use your vacation time when you want, seniority system for vacation, management poor and quick to blame and use floor employees as scapegoat.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10Nem 1Jelentés
Rewarding and challenging
Night shift Staff Nurse in Domiciliary and PTSD (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Thomas, KY2018, február 22.
It is a great place to work. Rewarding to care for fellow Veterans
that have served our country. Unfortunately some individuals have been here so long they take duties for granted and it seems challenging at best to get rid of or hold such individuals accountable.
pay, benefits
Poor accountability
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
great benefits
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2018, február 20.
A great place to work simply because it allows me to give back to my nation's hero's. Otherwise, management is difficult to work with. They refuse to allow you advancement within the company. Personally, they made it very impossible for me to work and go to school, therefore forcing me to quit, losing 10 years of seniority in this company.
the mission
Kontra érvek
management, no ability for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (Volt alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, február 10.
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14Nem 1Jelentés
Productive and Fulfilling job serving the Veterans of our nation
STAFF NURSE IN FEE BASIS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bonham, Texas2018, február 6.
I work at the greatest place and for the best and most deserving people on this earth, Veterans! I have been employed by the VA for more than 27 years and have loved most of my time there. I have the privilege of caring for those that have born the burden and their families and truly believe in what I do.
Pro érvek
great hours, wonderful patients and coworkers, and pension plan that you cannot get anywhere else.
Kontra érvek
Occassionally dangerous due to Veterans with mental illness.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 4Jelentés
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, január 31.
The team I work with is superb.
Our leadership is superb. They care about their employees.
Real servant leaders here.
I learn new things every day.
The culture promotes change, sometimes it takes time.
The hardest part of the job is political aspects of the system extending beyond our facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our Veterans!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Busy med/surg floor
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Providence, RI2018, január 18.
Poorly understaffed at times w/ high acuity patients. Great co-workers who work together making the shifts tolerable. It is a pleasure to serve our Veterans and provide optimum care, however little support from upper management.
Retirement benefits
Poor advancement opportunities
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van