Department of Veterans Affairs-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

97 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Just don't do it
Staff RN - Care Coordination (Volt alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, február 10.
Toxic culture, many of the managers are crooked and it is very political they do what ever it takes for them to bonus without regard to veterans or human life.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Productive and Fulfilling job serving the Veterans of our nation
STAFF NURSE IN FEE BASIS (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bonham, Texas2018, február 6.
I work at the greatest place and for the best and most deserving people on this earth, Veterans! I have been employed by the VA for more than 27 years and have loved most of my time there. I have the privilege of caring for those that have born the burden and their families and truly believe in what I do.
Pro érvek
great hours, wonderful patients and coworkers, and pension plan that you cannot get anywhere else.
Kontra érvek
Occassionally dangerous due to Veterans with mental illness.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 2Jelentés
Great place to work.
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Madison, WI2018, január 31.
The team I work with is superb.
Our leadership is superb. They care about their employees.
Real servant leaders here.
I learn new things every day.
The culture promotes change, sometimes it takes time.
The hardest part of the job is political aspects of the system extending beyond our facility.
Most enjoyable part of the job is our Veterans!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
benefits
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bronx, NY2018, január 14.
In my concern this is a great place to work for young graduate. It has great educational benefit packages and retirement benefits. Great as a teaching hospital.
Pro érvek
benefits
Kontra érvek
fast pace
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job, just not my coworkers sometimes
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, december 15.
I love working with the Veterans, but sometimes coworkers or management can make work unbearable. You have to jump through loops to get a pay raise and it seems promotions are done based on who you know and not what you know or how educated you are.
Benefits!
Management, Difficulty with lateral mobilization, Difficulty getting pay raises
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Incompetent management
RN Staff Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Los Angeles, CA2017, december 4.
This place is a laid back place for lazy people especially the management folks. These folks can care less about veterans. They talk a good talk about quality but they do not care. It’s all a game to them. The VA has re$ource$ to be better than most hospitals but unfortunately the money is wasted on these useless on the job job retirees with no real vision. Sad!
Pro érvek
Laid back environment where you can be lazy or work hard if you want to. Management is useless.
Incompetent management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Poor pay/benefits
PACT RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2017, november 27.
Poor management, bad compensation, loved helping our nation's hero's. Short staffed for nurses, management doesnt care how much work you do as long as you get it done. No overtime paid
Good time off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Great pay, but corrupt
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brockton, MA2017, november 15.
As a veteran I get good care at the VA, but as an employee you are treated less than human. There is racism, bullying, discrimination and no one blinks an eye.
Pay, Benefits
Corrupt to the core
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16NemJelentés
Typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2017, október 28.
The culture of the VA was different than any other company that I have been employed. The environment was typically stressful and there is room for improvement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16Nem 1Jelentés
Great place for stability
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hinesville, GA2017, október 23.
Culture is what you make of it; if you put in the time and effort, you will achieve what you want within the system. Sometimes you just have to accept although you get the position you want, it may not be where you wanted in terms of geography.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5Nem 4Jelentés
Great mission
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, október 17.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my veterans. I had to however, leave my position after 10 years of service in the VA because upper level management would not work with me while I advanced my degree.
great benefits
no room for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 18NemJelentés
Workplace culture
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2017, október 3.
Horrible management and leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of disabled veterans from all branches of military. the hardest part of the job is promoting change.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 19Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Multicultural work environment with a great team of health care employees who care for the veterans.
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2017, szeptember 27.
I enjoy working in this facility. My day at work starts at 0730 with shift huddle followed by bedside shift report, patient assessment, medication administration, documentation, meeting with families and multidisciplinary teams, and other routine works. As the day progresses, I take care of admissions of new patients and discharging patients. These are some of the events over the course of a typical day.

I would describe my current workplace culture as multicultural, with people of numerous cultures work together to make a wonderful working environment.

The hardest part of my job is the commuting issues from Fort worth to Dallas. The times of train services have changed recently, which has made my commuting to work difficult.

I work with a great team of people who care for the veterans who served and protected their nation.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
satisfying work as a nurse
RN Care Coordination Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, szeptember 6.
schedule home care and hospice for all veterans from Austin to Laredo. I receive orders from the physician, review insurance eligibility and then find an agency willing to take the patient for the services ordered
onl 30 min lunch
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Best place I've worked
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Patient Care2017, szeptember 3.
Best pay and work environment I've had in my 25 years, you are treated as a professional It's not perfect but is doesn't suffer any problem not found elsewhere.
No micromanagers
perks not allowed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, augusztus 23.
Great benefits! It was a great place to work. No one is more worthy of great care than our Veteran's and that seemed to be at the heard of the VA health system.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2017, augusztus 4.
Culture shock compared to civilian hospitals. Can be a great deal of fun as you work with nearly as many vets as you care for. NOT for withering violets - must be as sturdy & stubborn as a weed. Outstanding benefits. No scrub restrictions is a plus. Learn a lot about PTSD that you probably never knew. Management EXTREMELY corrupt - retaliation a given. NEVER speak with ANY member of management without a witness. There are at least 10 recognized holidays,depending on the year, with double pay if you work them, 8 hr regular pay if you choose to be off.
Autonomy / Benefits / Patients / Ability to have fun
Management / Corruption / Administration / Retaliation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 34NemJelentés
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bradenton, FL2017, július 30.
Busy but stimulating and it is gratifying helping veterans.
I am very privileged to work the veterans affairs caring for men and women who given their lives to our nation.
job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
High Risk and Very Toxic environment
Staff RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Togus VA2017, július 29.
Worked here for many years, and continually witness downhill progression in management. Creating a very toxic and low moral. Can only move up if you are related or friends with management. Very unclean envioronment. They hire unqualified management, which are uaually friends or aquaintances. They are continually understaffed, and have no respect for your license. Nurses are not recognized as professionals. With my excellent reputation, this is to risky for my future. The only conforting thing about the VA are the Veterans!!!!!!! The upper officials outside of the VA, need to interview staff for the truth!!!!!
Pay and Benifits
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 30Nem 1Jelentés
Miserable everyday
RN, BSN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indiana2017, július 19.
Short staffed daily. If you want to keep your skills as a nurse DO NOT come here. At this VA they will not let you work to the highest of your license. I am lost for words regarding management. Watch and cover your back at all times. Work place culture. It is who you know not your skill set. People get away with murder remember it's who you know. Hardest part of the job not being able to do your job correctly, with support, equipment, and so on. If you believe it is better to be proactive forget about that. It won't happen. The management will Not support you in any way. It IS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS AND WHAT IS IN THE PAPER. MANAGEMENT GETS THERE BONUS OF THE EMPLOYEES BACK. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE JOB is the VETERANS!!!!!!! Know that you have been able to care for them and helped them in some type of way.
The patients