Department of Veterans Affairs-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Registered Nurse

95 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Poor pay/benefits
PACT RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  California2017, november 27.
Poor management, bad compensation, loved helping our nation's hero's. Short staffed for nurses, management doesnt care how much work you do as long as you get it done. No overtime paid
Good time off
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Great pay, but corrupt
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brockton, MA2017, november 15.
As a veteran I get good care at the VA, but as an employee you are treated less than human. There is racism, bullying, discrimination and no one blinks an eye.
Pay, Benefits
Corrupt to the core
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hampton, VA2017, október 28.
The culture of the VA was different than any other company that I have been employed. The environment was typically stressful and there is room for improvement.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 13NemJelentés
Great place for stability
Staff Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hinesville, GA2017, október 23.
Culture is what you make of it; if you put in the time and effort, you will achieve what you want within the system. Sometimes you just have to accept although you get the position you want, it may not be where you wanted in terms of geography.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 4Jelentés
Great mission
Registered nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2017, október 17.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my veterans. I had to however, leave my position after 10 years of service in the VA because upper level management would not work with me while I advanced my degree.
great benefits
no room for advancement
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 16NemJelentés
Workplace culture
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2017, október 3.
Horrible management and leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of disabled veterans from all branches of military. the hardest part of the job is promoting change.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 15Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Multicultural work environment with a great team of health care employees who care for the veterans.
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2017, szeptember 27.
I enjoy working in this facility. My day at work starts at 0730 with shift huddle followed by bedside shift report, patient assessment, medication administration, documentation, meeting with families and multidisciplinary teams, and other routine works. As the day progresses, I take care of admissions of new patients and discharging patients. These are some of the events over the course of a typical day.

I would describe my current workplace culture as multicultural, with people of numerous cultures work together to make a wonderful working environment.

The hardest part of my job is the commuting issues from Fort worth to Dallas. The times of train services have changed recently, which has made my commuting to work difficult.

I work with a great team of people who care for the veterans who served and protected their nation.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
satisfying work as a nurse
RN Care Coordination Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, szeptember 6.
schedule home care and hospice for all veterans from Austin to Laredo. I receive orders from the physician, review insurance eligibility and then find an agency willing to take the patient for the services ordered
onl 30 min lunch
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Best place I've worked
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Patient Care2017, szeptember 3.
Best pay and work environment I've had in my 25 years, you are treated as a professional It's not perfect but is doesn't suffer any problem not found elsewhere.
No micromanagers
perks not allowed
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2017, augusztus 23.
Great benefits! It was a great place to work. No one is more worthy of great care than our Veteran's and that seemed to be at the heard of the VA health system.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2017, augusztus 4.
Culture shock compared to civilian hospitals. Can be a great deal of fun as you work with nearly as many vets as you care for. NOT for withering violets - must be as sturdy & stubborn as a weed. Outstanding benefits. No scrub restrictions is a plus. Learn a lot about PTSD that you probably never knew. Management EXTREMELY corrupt - retaliation a given. NEVER speak with ANY member of management without a witness. There are at least 10 recognized holidays,depending on the year, with double pay if you work them, 8 hr regular pay if you choose to be off.
Autonomy / Benefits / Patients / Ability to have fun
Management / Corruption / Administration / Retaliation
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 29NemJelentés
excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bradenton, FL2017, július 30.
Busy but stimulating and it is gratifying helping veterans.
I am very privileged to work the veterans affairs caring for men and women who given their lives to our nation.
job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
High Risk and Very Toxic environment
Staff RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Togus VA2017, július 29.
Worked here for many years, and continually witness downhill progression in management. Creating a very toxic and low moral. Can only move up if you are related or friends with management. Very unclean envioronment. They hire unqualified management, which are uaually friends or aquaintances. They are continually understaffed, and have no respect for your license. Nurses are not recognized as professionals. With my excellent reputation, this is to risky for my future. The only conforting thing about the VA are the Veterans!!!!!!! The upper officials outside of the VA, need to interview staff for the truth!!!!!
Pay and Benifits
management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 25Nem 1Jelentés
Miserable everyday
RN, BSN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indiana2017, július 19.
Short staffed daily. If you want to keep your skills as a nurse DO NOT come here. At this VA they will not let you work to the highest of your license. I am lost for words regarding management. Watch and cover your back at all times. Work place culture. It is who you know not your skill set. People get away with murder remember it's who you know. Hardest part of the job not being able to do your job correctly, with support, equipment, and so on. If you believe it is better to be proactive forget about that. It won't happen. The management will Not support you in any way. It IS ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS AND WHAT IS IN THE PAPER. MANAGEMENT GETS THERE BONUS OF THE EMPLOYEES BACK. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE JOB is the VETERANS!!!!!!! Know that you have been able to care for them and helped them in some type of way.
The patients
No breaks no support
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 24Nem 2Jelentés
Honor and Privilege
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2017, július 4.
It is an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to serve America's Heroes.
There are no typical days at work as each day is filled with new challenges and opportunities.
I have learned that I will never judge you for who you are as I will never know who you have been.
Workplace culture varies widely. The cardiac cath lab, where I have spent most of my time at the VA, is a highly motivated and patient oriented team of individuals who routinely go above and beyond to meet the needs of their patients.
Leadership at the VA is frequently in flux which leads to some inconsistencies in the day to day activities and workloads of staff.
Pro érvek
Providing care for this patient population
Kontra érvek
Frequent leadership changes, cultural silos
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Patients are the only positive.
RN (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Grand Junction, CO2017, július 3.
Complete Management revamp and mandatory progressive leadership training is needed ASAP. Needs more oversight. Promotions need to be approved by a National Board.
Patients
Mid Management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 14NemJelentés
why does it ot
Registered Nurse (RN) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Buffalo, NY2017, június 26.
Why does it not meet the review quality I thiknk that this is a pain in the butt and that I should not have to do this it is a waste of time and I dont have
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 12Jelentés
Good pay
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, június 20.
Very patient focused, employees friendly. Has high tolerance for misbehaved employees. To many position to go through in case of an issue. Love being a part of the group.
Room for growth
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4Nem 4Jelentés
Not so good
Staff RN (Volt alkalmazott) –  W Los Angeles, CA2017, június 15.
I love my job, my patients and most of my coworkers. However, poor nurse retention here speaks for itself. Nurses don't get incentives and awards for achieving certification such as CNOR, ICU and other specialty certifications are not recognized hence new leadership doesn't maintain the award program and doesn't want to pay. Promotion here is a slow process that takes evaluations that you have to write yourself to show you deserve a step increase. Your performance and your experience in the field is not a decisive factor b/c you can be lazy but write a good evaluation and be promoted - seen it happen too many times. Most of all, the leadership is grown ignorant and complacent to make any positive changes in order to retain staff here. How can you provide good patient care without the experienced staff such as nurses??? Apparently, the system is blind and/or don't care about our patients!.
The nurse board here is a joke, people in nurse recruitment loose more nurses than they can hire!
There are frequent problems with supplies.
The pay here is not competitive so you will get lesser pay than other none-VA hospitals. The VA system is not designed for efficiency and staff retention, and without these too important factors, it's nearly impossible to provide good patient care, quality penitent care to our nations' veterans, one of whom I am as well.
Pro érvek
If you're veteran, your mil serivce applies toward your retirmnt.
Kontra érvek
Little pay. Also, working short staffed menas no breaks and low moral.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 23Nem 2Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Registered Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2017, június 7.
Room to grow and great benefits If you can get along with various personalities and do your job, its a great place. I never had any problems. It is somewhat unorganized, but as long as your keep what you need together, it's doable.
insurance, pay, vacations