Department of Veterans Affairs-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Licensed Practical Nurse

123 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 4 648 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
LPN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Durham, NC2018, november 10.
As long as you allow the management to keep you in a PLANTATION state of mind then you will make it there. Very toxic place to work. It is not worth the headache and low pay.
Pro érvek
Working with the Vets and going home to normalcy at the end of your shift.
MANAGEMENT, Upper, Middle and Lower
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Veteran Administration was the most rewarding of all my positions as an LPN. Serving our veterans gave me a pride in my work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Evansville, IN2018, október 28.
I would still be working at the Veteran's Administration if they offered part-time work. I was having some health problems in 2015-2016 that led to my retirement. The work is very rewarding most of the time. A veteran may become upset very easily due to PTSA for TBA (traumatic brain injury). It takes a patient and caring nurse to be able to defuse a situation.
Pro érvek
No Weekends, Holidays, or nights. Also receive the federal holidays as well. Tuition reimbursement.
Kontra érvek
The VA in Evansville is micromanaged by the VA in Marion, Illinois. There is a problem with communication at times.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Room for improvement on work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charleston, SC2018, szeptember 6.
Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Good place to start or end a variety of careers. Challenges are available. Traveling is encouraged.
Pro érvek
Great income, friendship potentials, retirement made easy
Kontra érvek
Very stressful at times, fast paced
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 2Jelentés
Wonderful place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, OR2018, augusztus 27.
It's an honor to serve and care for our veterans. I come home from work on a daily basis, even if it has been a difficult day, feeling good about serving our veterans who served us and our country. There is always a staff member available to help others in any given situation and the VA is amazing in regards to training.
Pro érvek
Supportive departments and nursing staff
Short breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
My career at Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, július 20.
Enjoyed my 27.5 year career
Best employer I have worked for
5 stars for Dept. of Veterans
VA provides opportunities for advancements with education reimbursement .
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Fast paced
Specialty LPN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2018, július 11.
The Vets are awesome to work with. Coworkers awesome. Management played favoritism. I quit because of the whole atmosphere. It’s not a positive place to work.
Schedule
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 8NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the WBVAMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA2018, július 10.
I enjoyed my job at the WBVAMC but unfortunately I was going to school full time and there is no opportunity to work part time at this facility. Due to this I had to resign as a PACT LPN and find a job outside of the VA to work part time or per diem to further my career.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
patient focused care
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Volt alkalmazott) –  Decorah, IA2018, július 2.
high paced job. Work is challenging. THe best government job I have had. Totally focused on quality care to veterans. Work environment was awesome.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6NemJelentés
Veteran care
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Prescott, AZ2018, június 13.
Team leader on CLC2 mid shift. Loved every aspect of my job, the staff, most of all the Veterans. We were expected to do more with less , ie, equipment, staff, supplies at times. No raises for LPNs in over 10 years..just the ordinary cola yearly. LPNs did the same job as RNs and never got a raise or even a pat on the back. Poor management.
Pro érvek
Veterans and great staff...nurses, cnas
Management no
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Great pay for no life.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Canandaigua, NY2018, június 4.
The Department of Veterans affairs is a federal job that demands a lot. You work multiple shifts with hardly no weekends off. If you are the low man on the seniority pole you can forget about a vacation or transfer opportunities. I have been an employee now for 5 months and i feel i have made a mistake accepting the nursing job i am now currently doing.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17Nem 1Jelentés
Poor management
LPN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, GA 309042018, május 15.
My most enjoyable moments were taking care of the veterans the worst part was poor management and the coroption of the va system down south if I would have stayed out west I may have not resigned ,
LOVED TAKING CARE OF VETS AFTER 14 YRS
POOR MANAGEMENT
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 17NemJelentés
Productive... Good learning environment
LPN (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, április 25.
Overall it was a good experience.. It was good for job longevity, however the management can use some improvements... The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and helpful... Other diciplines were kind and courteous... A really caring environment.
Definitely a good place for our veterans.. I walked away with a lot from my time with the Vetrans Affairs and will forever be grateful
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11NemJelentés
nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wilmington, DE2018, április 24.
I worked on Med-Surgical floor. Some days could be stressful. I loved administering care and treatment to the patients. The hardest time was to see those that served have to deal with PTSD.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 2Jelentés
interesting place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Danville, IL2018, április 2.
enjoyed working with the veterens. It was in extended care and on the Psych ward. I was impressed with the updated technology that was used. They had a good med pass system. Everything was barcoded.
Pro érvek
enjoyed working with the veterans
no cons
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 9NemJelentés
Lpn
Licensed practical Nurse (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, március 29.
Overall the Department of veteran affairs is a great place to work but as far as job advancement it will take for ever to advance.I worked for almost 10 years and once i finish was unable to obtain a nursing job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 6Nem 4Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Too much waste of time and no responsibility
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dayton, OH2018, február 13.
Too many lifetime employees who know how to milk the system. Management will not correct employees because they will run to the union and complain. As long as you come to work and fill a seat you can do whatever you like all day long. Some of the clinics were up to three years behind with no reason to be. Witnessed staff yelling, cursing and being vulgar in front of patients on a daily basis. I was so disappointed with my coworkers behavior and the lack of accountability. Our Veterans deserve better!!
Working with Veterans
No accountability
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 12NemJelentés
great
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ann Arbor, MI2018, január 30.
Great place to work. I love help veterans because I am one. Its like no other place you could work. It has its own culture. Patient can be very challenging.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Good work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2018, január 29.
I love working here. The offer competitive salary and benefits. They help balance your work schedule around your home life. They are one of the few companies that continue to offer a pension.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 15Nem 1Jelentés
Hard work
LPN, Community Living Center (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC 283012018, január 21.
Hard work. Not enough staff. Did not work to your license majority of the time. Would not want to work in that capacity again. Many of the other staff has been there for many years. Just not a place for me.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNemJelentés
loved it-every single thing~
Licensed Practical Nurse (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charleston, SC2018, január 17.
I loved working with veterans. It was a joy to serve them and get to hear their stories everyday. I enjoyed my coworkers as well. We truly worked as a team and became like one big family we shared ups and downs and to this day we are as close as family.
Good benefits, good coworkers
Kontra érvek
Sometimes govt gets in the way
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 11Nem 3Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van