Department of Veterans Affairs Alkalmazotti bírálat

Mind a(z) 4 113 értékelés megmutatása
Unstable helpdesk employer
Helpdesk Technician (Volt alkalmazott) –  Batavia, NY2018, június 23.
The VA allows contractors to bid on the helpdesk contract every year, and the VA will go with the lowest bidder regardless of how long the current contractor has been providing their tech support. Because of this, the average helpdesk technician always has cause to feel uncertain about how long they will be employed. The winning contract agency is free to do as they please with the current technicians' wages, and they will often cut those wages to stay within their budget. (Remember, they were the lowest bidder; the costs have to be cut somehow). It was also very frustrating to work under such a short time constraint, since I knew I could resolve the caller's issue. There was also very little opportunity to work your way up to a Tier 2 (or above) level, since that was often not provided by the same contract agency - some of those positions were internal. Such inconsistency means the technician ultimately loses.

On the positive side, overtime was rarely required, and my schedule was consistent. That meant I could reliably plan my personal activities around my work schedule without worrying that I might have to cancel. Also, I did learn a few technical tricks. For a helpdesk position, the pay was not too bad.
pay was OK for Tier 1 helpdesk, chances to learn, consistent scheduling
Kontra érvek
Uncertain if you will be laid off based on contract bidding, little chance for advancement
Worst Case
Human Resources Assistant (Staffing) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Walla Walla, WA2018, június 23.
Management is untrained and bias, disrespectful and just because they can, doesn't mean they will. Had to pull teeth to get accommodations and they refused to utilize their own flex-schedule policies
Benefits are great but not worth it.
Pro érvek
Benefits
Kontra érvek
Management & Culture
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7Nem 1Jelentés
Excellent
Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2018, június 22.
Great work environment and having the opportunity to provide service to the personnel of veteran hero's. Awesome place for growth and the staff are there to make a difference for the veteran.
Servicing Veterans
Kontra érvek
Not enough staff members to service the veterans.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Va is a vast opportunity to succed and further your education in the Medical Field.
Nurses Assistant GS-5- Step 4 (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Leeds, MA 01o532018, június 22.
I love my job and work full time for The Department of Veteran's affairs. I'm on the Patient Safety Handling committee( Peer Leader).I'm also a certified Nursing assistant(full time/12hr shifts). The VA is diversified work place and employees collaborate as a team. I love helping and caring for the veterans after what they have done for our country and the sacrifices they have made. They deserve the best care. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing my co-workers will pull their weight and get the job done.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Great Mission, Organizational Challenges
Managing Editor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, június 22.
It's hard to beat the mission of VA, serving the Veterans who have served our nation. Overall, my career has been great--including opportunities to advance and develop new skills. The challenge lies in the political nature of the organization--likely true for any government office. Too often the desire to please a political leader or the next person up the ladder seems to drive decisions more than the mission.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
A great place to work
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN 381042018, június 21.
It is a wonderful experience working with Veterans.
Very challenging and assisting Veterans is a very worthwhile job.
I am so proud to serve Veterans who fought to keep our country free.
Paid holidays
Busy all the time
not goood
Multi-unit manager (Canteen Chief) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  ga2018, június 21.
no training not a good place to work at all they set you up to fail and they don't communicate well you be better off working at burger king at least they show you how its done
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 7NemJelentés
Dallas VA Hospital
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2018, június 21.
The over all work environment is great due to co-workers and out mentality of team work. However management is poor and sometimes causes a very hostile work environment.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 10NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Security Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, június 20.
Overall productive job..i was younger then..vut enjoyed my time there. It was a great start in the security business. I only watched moniters ..and signed in and out everyonr whi entered...i want to get more involved with security..so im back to do more physical work in the feild
Good pay
Strict rules
Management Poor
VESA Contract Employee (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2018, június 19.
Management is very poor. VA is very goof with job security for the most part. However the management can pick on you, so watch your step. VA did offer 401k.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Contract Closeout Specialist
Consultant Team Lead/Contract Closeout Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, június 19.
I loved my time at DVA. I found most co-workers were very driven while also friendly. You really have the opportunity to make a difference at Lucid. You build your own path. I had a close working relationship within my department. We worked well together and there was always support, so I never felt like I couldn't ask for guidance or help. I was able to help build and improve accounting processes without "red tape" so my decisions actually made a difference.
Pro érvek
A positive and challenging position
Short term contract
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Job Security
Police Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baltimore, MD2018, június 18.
Job has it pros and cons. Pros paid every two weeks. Cons no life outside of work. They send you away for training in Littlerock Arkansas. Cost of living raise the first of the year, but not much at all.
Paid every two weeks.
No Life outside of work.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3Nem 1Jelentés
Extremely Stressful
Lead Program Support Assistant (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Little Rock, AR2018, június 18.
The structure is not what it could be, no chance to advance and overworked for little pay. Pay does not compensate the type and amount of work. There is no training for replacements and workloads are usually more than one person can handle for extended periods of time.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
MEDICAL RECORDS TECH (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Kansas City, MO2018, június 18.
I love my job and the people I work with. I index medical records on a daily basis and I work with nurses to upload stat files that have to be in immediately.
Pro érvek
great people to work with
Kontra érvek
You cannot move up in the file clerk position
N/a
N/A (Volt alkalmazott) –  FL2018, június 18.
Not too much to say. I hope they are doing a better of job of reviewing and processing claims in a timely fashion. It will help improve the veterans experience.
cared for Father
Home Health Care Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Trenton, MI2018, június 18.
Aid and Attendance was earned by my father for his care. As a benefit to my father, I was happy he had it and that I personally was able to care for him and know that his care was up to standards
Pro érvek
was able to care for loved one.
Housekeeping Aid
Housekeeping (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2018, június 18.
it's just ok, working is all right. The pay is very good, and that just is along thing that is keeping me their because everything else it just another job's
good paying Job
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 5NemJelentés
Cohesive and Relaxed Atmospher
Hearing Officer (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Decatur, GA2018, június 18.
Atmosphere at Decatur location is relaxed because the Director offers an open door policy and he has a willingness to listen and stand behind his employees.
Pro érvek
Director and his ability to guide lead and work alongside us.
Bad management
Medical technicians (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, június 18.
Coworkers have to much drama. Management would do better with work schedule. Management will write you up for taking to much time in the bathroom. Coworkers are always on their phones.
Helping our Vets
Bad management
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
Great management
Nursing Assistant/Mental Health Technician (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Memphis, TN2018, június 17.
There is no typical day at work. By working in the psychiatric ward, anything is subject to have at anytime. So that why we have an understanding manager that is so involved in the productivity of her staff.
Pro érvek
Excellant team of workers that has each others back.
Kontra érvek
not enough breaks/not enough staff
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Érdekel, hogy milyenek a munkafeltételek vagy a felvételi folyamat itt: Department of Veterans Affairs? Közösségünk szívesen segítségedre lesz.

Kérdésem van